v1.3.9 -- Extremely high "Damage Reflecting" monsters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v1.3.9 -- Extremely high "Damage Reflecting" monsters

Watch the video. I pin the monsters with Vortex, so they cant move or attack. Then hit them with Blizzard + Immolate. Then die.

You can't kill them because you kill yourself trying to hurt them.

Is this intended?

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381
    ~ Gethi, mage, TL109 mobile & TL121 PC
    ~ Kisheli, XP mage, TL112

~ ANB-beta, TL100 (#1); ANB1, TL116 (top 10); ANB2, TL110 (top 10);
    ANB3, TL112 (top 10)

I remember this prior to the last patch (before beta).

Have you tried "running away" so that you are quite far from these types of mobs? I am wondering if these is limit to their damage reflection radius.
    Zecena - Level 70 Bounty Hunter - Stalker Set
    Champion Level: 899
    Damage: 884,766
    Toughness: 178,209
    Recovery: 58,033
    Trial Level Completed: 103 - 9:59

Last Updated: August 13, 2018

Comment

You have to approach some of the mobs with a strategy. i.e. you can't kill the reflecting mobs until you kill the mob providing the reflection aura.

Comment

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
        You have to approach some of the mobs with a strategy. i.e. you can't kill the reflecting mobs until you kill the mob providing the reflection aura.
        Never had to do this before beta.

On these mobs, I can't figure out which one (if there is one) is the key. There is no obvious aura.

In addition the DoT on the hero which outlasts death & revive, there is also no obvious indication on screen.

I have been experimenting a LOT. The best strategy so far, is leave them behind
        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

ANB3, TL112 (top 10)

Comment

I'm thinking the blue "aura" monster is the reflecting one here. The orange one is typically a teleporter. That said, have not run into anything like this in my own game play.

UPDATE: According to this link, the orange aura is the reflecting aura.
          Last edited by lama75; 09-10-2018, 05:26 PM.
          CL 2K+
          Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
          TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

So You Want to be a Mage

Comment

From the link posted by lama75 here is a copy & paste:

The 5 harmful auras emitted by Elite Monsters are:
            • Immolating Aura—A fiery AOE that causes additional burn damage proportional to the casting enemy level.
            • Damaging Aura—A red AOE that empowers all enemies within the aura with additional Weapon Damage stat, proportional to the casting enemy level.
            • Reflecting Aura—An orange AOE that empowers all enemies within the aura with additional Damage Reflect stat, proportional to the casting enemy level.
            • Defending Aura—A blue AOE that protects all enemies within the aura with additional Armor stat, proportional to the casting enemy level.
            • Chilling Aura—A white-vortex AOE that reduces the hero’s Movement Speed stat by 75%.

It seems that the effect of these auras, or at least the "Reflecting", has been hugely buffed in the v1.3.9 beta.

I'm not sure which aura puts the DoT on you, or if that is separate, but it got a massive buff too.

Wllly orion_134 Skyla and other high level beta testers, please comment. Mages in particular (glass cannons) please comment.
            VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

ANB3, TL112 (top 10)

Comment

What Trial is that Coda ? I was playing with trial 105 on my mage, found a "reflecting" elite in an orange aura and started trying to duplicate what happened to you and was unable to. In fact, I wasn't receiving any damage at all if I dropped a blizzard. I don't know if it wasn't a high-enough trial or if those descriptions I linked aren't correct. I suppose the "reflecting" aura could be buggy as well- perhaps if you attack with a primary attack and get some LoH it cancels the reflected damage? I'll have to play with it more.
              CL 2K+

So You Want to be a Mage

Comment

lama75 it was a newb mage in my second account. Around level 50-something pushing hard in trial 7 or maybe 8.

Something (or many things) has been buffed/nerfed, I just feel it in my bones. But I can't test cuz I can't go back to pre-beta.

However, notice I posted this thread in "General Discussion", not "Bug Reports". Since I don't have "proof".

If this effect "stays" then the LBs need to be reset.
                Last edited by Coda; 09-10-2018, 07:42 PM.
                VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

ANB3, TL112 (top 10)

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
                  lama75 it was a newb mage in my second account. Around level 50-something pushing hard in trial 7 or maybe 8.

Something (or many things) has been buffed/nerfed, I just feel it in my bones. But I can't test cuz I can't go back to pre-beta.

However, notice I posted this thread in "General Discussion", not "Bug Reports". Since I don't have "proof".

Ahhhhhhhhh.... OK, I had commented on this as I nursed a newb warrior through all 3 story mode levels when the closed beta started. I believe Orion also commented on it. In general, DoT (I'm looking at YOU- minotaur skirmishers) and ALL elite auras were very nasty for newb characters. Once my warrior had moved up to lvl70 with some CL's to boot, the aura's became very manageable.

I'm certain the LB's will be reset. With 2 new bosses in the rotation plus some other changes that I've noticed but are hard to describe, I don't think pre-beta leaderboards will be comparable to the new beta. In general, I'd say max trials will go down a bit- 5-10 would be my guess right now, although with some of the hero-ability bugs it's hard to be definitive. Mage losing the AL buff, for instance, is a HUGE DPS loss. Snipe proc for BH is also a huge loss for now. My assumption is that these will be fixed, of course. I mention them as examples that make these sorts comparisons between beta and pre-beta worthless.
                  Last edited by lama75; 09-10-2018, 08:04 PM.
                  CL 2K+

So You Want to be a Mage

Comment

I’m getting tired of finding bugs in beta. Yes, dot damage is a bug. We already noticed this.
                    Problem is there is no more developer’s response about these things and I don’t know what and when the open beta will be looked like. We are over 4000 people and I have nothing to keep people around.
                    I believe trust is the most important but I wonder where is the trust in between us and Developers. When updating or bug fixing delays, that’s fine. We can handle and wait for it. However, we need to know what’s the problem or at least when it will be done. You already saw 17th will be the day of open beta, but I wonder how many people believe it. They are loosing players.
                    Since I already started my complaint, here is one more thing.
                    The direction of updating is not what this game have to go. Long term serviving games have great in game system. People play those games not because of good graphics or expanding maps, it’s because of system. Eternium itself had great system but still needed a lot of things to be done such as proper reward of daily quest, bug skills, varied item options, ladder reward and proper crafting items. Of course everybody waiting for the multiplayer updating but it’s not realistic, and I don’t think we can see it soon. I wish Developers know what is more urgent.

Comment

Wllly ... "well said"
                      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

ANB3, TL112 (top 10)

Comment

I'm thinking some of the archers (maybe just elite) are guilty of some heavy new dots but haven't tested much since finding the loh bug a couple weeks back. I'll have to test more to see if I can see what you're noticing..
                        QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
                        CL 1000000000
                        Elenora-Stalker BH-Trial 100
                        Skyla-Warrior-DW-Trial 109 Rank#(?)
                        (Previously Rank#420 Global LB)

Starla-Frost Mage-Trial 103
                        Meatsak-809%Exp.War.Shield.-Trial 102

Disposabull-BH.As\St-The Farmer- Trial 91
                        Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker..

Comment

Wllly ... "well said"
                          Well said indeed...

Coda, as to your predicament with the Reflectors, I'll say that it improved substantially for my (blue gear) Mage once I got Apprentice 2... if you're comparing a non-Apprentice-geared Mage in your second account to an Apprentice-geared one in your main, that may be accounting for (some of) the difference in perception.

Or, all enemy related things could just be "ticking faster" (DoT, skill timers, Reflecting DoT...)

(yes, that's right. Reflecting aura used to be instant percentual damage, which led to many Mage deaths and one more necessity to use 2+ Maggies ubiquitously. That was fixed in the first "new trials" patch or the one before it. I'd wager it might have been reverted to its old form by mistake, but on the Warrior I clearly perceive the Reflectors as DoT. )

Comment

Yes, it is an aggressive effect. While it is different than pre-beta, it isn't necessarily bad. It actually requires some forethought when fighting them and you may have to change distance, attack, etc. I have noted in Discord that I am guilty of having NO idea what each of the auras mean. Not only because I'm on mobile and it's hard to read the monster name to attach that to an aura, but because they just had negligible effect on how I fought, regardless of class. Everyone argues they want Damage Reflect and bleeds to be worth it, but perhaps the implementation of that change requires a global change to allow monsters to reciprocate.

It would be interesting if someone kits up a Rylocke build and sees how it does.
                            Dyoma Crown
                            Dyoma Crown Total: 346

Mage: 118
                            Warrior (DW): 115
                            BH: 113

Warrior (SW): 112

Comment

Originally posted by orion_134 View Post
                              While it is different than pre-beta, it isn't necessarily bad. It actually requires some forethought when fighting them and you may have to change distance, attack, etc.
                              Or just even more abandons
                              ANB #1- Mage Rank 17..... T107 in 9:47
                              ANB #2- Mage Rank 1....... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 1........ T122 in 9:05.
                              Live LB- XP Mage Rank 31. T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Working...
                              X