inventory day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inventory day

Hello and thank you to all those wonderful folks who have asked for help and to all those players who have come before us newer players to show us through their efforts what works and what does not. Without this community, the guides, and the suggestions posted in the various threads I would have been truly lost and my characters would not be as far along as they are now. Thanks again!

All that being I wanted to discuss my own personal conflicts with gear and items What to Keep and What not to keep. My main is a BH TL 86 1084 CL, I have a BH exp grinder TL 83 a war TL 60 Mage TL 58 and a BH mule\potential story speed runner lv 38 atm. I enjoyed keeping everything and my stash would be full,almost all 4 pages expanded with 4 characters inventory expanded and 2 rows to go on my 5th. I would have to stop several different times to go thru all I had and arrange and rearrange to find my best gear. Now I need to make rings and had no space henceforth inventory day. I finally made the leap to keep my best trial and exp BH sets for all all 3 and sell the rest! My Mage and warrior have what they have in their own inventory and I feel so much better now because I am farming TL 80 and I know that gear is so much betterthan all the other stuff I was keeping.
    There is so much more I could go on about, but I feel I have gone on too long. My question to the community would be How do you decide what to keep and what to sell?
    Do youthink your inventory management has gotten better or worse from when you first started playing this wonderful game?

Thanks again Community!

P.S. Maybe I wanted to hold onto everything until the updates so my gear would magically get better.

For me right now, I pretty much sell everything that isn't a Legendary Set/Named piece and I'm only keeping one of each set - just because I can't really be bothered with having multiple sets.

Nothing's changed with Inventory since I've started playing, Hometown update is adding some additional spaces to the Hero's inventory, going to 49 spaces from the existing 30) (if I'm reading that correctly) - but you lose the "instant sell" feature.

I personally feels the change is for the worse, since the "instant sell" feature is what I really liked about Eternium - I never wants to leave loots behind, even if I simply end up selling it later anyway. This was one of the reason I gave myself a "Bottomless Bag" and changed all the stacks to 1000 when I played Baldur's Gate all those years ago; and why I don't like game with "item weights", haha. Oh well, I'll get use to it eventually...
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Besides named/sets, I will also keep some useful uncommon jewelry that I accidentally crafted(like 59.9%+ CD and 90 VIT/AR). Usually gemstones, jewelry, named/sets are already enough to consume all my inventory space.
      Last edited by AimEoN; 09-23-2018, 03:51 AM.

Comment

My inventory management is woeful at best, it's the only negative I have about this game. Something I like to do is collect items to do a bit of trial and error with. Sadly there just isn't enough space in the inventory pages to do that. Especially as one page is taken up with rings, one with necklaces, one with gemstones and one with set items. I just don't have enough space to have one of every set item. Also I can't sell or delete living items, can be a pain at points.

Comment

My main is a mage, and I keep inventory pretty simple.

Character inventory has 2 rows of gemstones, 1 rough and 1 common for both my pushing mage and my xp mage. That way new gemstones are auto - sorted. My BH has a couple rows of set gear in addition to the hemstone rows.
          I have 1 page of stash devoted to gemstones that are teardrop and up. That leaves 2 rows open for rando objects I decide to keep or working space if i am crafting jewelry.
          Another page of stash is devoted to rings I keep when crafting. 3rd page is devoted to Arcanist gear(xp and pushing), older jewelry I've replaced with better pieces, oddball decent names items, and finally the living items I've purchased.
          Final page of stash is devoted to jewelry boxes I haven't used yet from various events. Plus some necklaces from crafting.
          I actually have a fair amount of space available because I don't come across much worth keeping anymore. Gemstone farming runs I sell all the gear. I check the stuff I get from completed trials, but sell 99% of it.
          So... yea. Not much excitement there.
          CL 2K+
          Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
          TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

Nhat Baldur's Gate - funny you should mention that ....

I had the tablet version, running it on a HUDL2 for a few months because I wanted to try it again as it had been, oh, 20 years? since I played it last.

I found it cumbersome and not as entertaining as my original experience, and the HUDL2 struggled.

So I downloaded Eternium to see what it was like ....

FPS was very poor on HUDL2 and I was enjoying the game, so I went and bought a new Huawei Mediapad M5 *because* of Eternium! Thoroughly enjoying both the game and a much, much better tablet.

lama75 I only keep a row of teardrops and brilliants in the stash - saves me 2 rows. I can always make the ones in between if I need.

Back to topic - I think they should have increased stash space, not character space. They should have added 6 more stash pages which would have been much better and far more sensible. It makes things easier to manage in the stash. I like to go off adventuring with an empty backpack. Having to cart around stuff better stored in stash feels like you're playing with a mule, not a main.

And selling-on-the-go is a major feature of the game, IMO, and taking it out seems like a backward step.
            Last edited by Madriax; 09-23-2018, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Inventory management is unfortunately a must in this game, because of very limited space. Obviously when you make a desired / needed commodity scarce, then it's value increases. This is the reason Devs made it the way it is: to monetize it. Yet, it makes no sense to me, that they have not written the code to add even more space, in order to sell it.

Recently, space was added to the character inventory: 2 columns were added for free (33% increase). This is in v1.3 beta and soon to be rolled out. That was great. They also allowed one to purchase up to 2 more rows of (now) 8 columns each. Those last 2 rows cost 800 gems each. I can't remember what the prior rows cost but I'm thinking only the first 4 were reasonable cost... I think row 4 costs 400 gems IIRC. Those numbers are prolly in @Nhat's guide to unlocking stuff as a newb.

They could easily add more stash pages. The 4th one costs 900 gems, and IIRC the 3rd one was 400 gems. So one would expect the 5th one to cost 1200 to 1500 gems. And so on. The 'tabs' at the top could be shrunk a bit to fit in a 5th, or better still, another little row of tabs could be added, to allow for up to 8 Stash pages. This seems like it would be fairly easy to implement, and then people that want to spend the gems could do that. And people who don't like the concept of having to pay, could rant, err, I mean choose not to buy those pages.
              VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381
              ~ Gethi, mage, TL109 mobile & TL121 PC
              ~ Kisheli, XP mage, TL112

~ ANB-beta, TL100 (#1); ANB1, TL116 (top 10); ANB2, TL110 (top 10);
              ANB3, TL112 (top 10)

Comment

Storage space and some things to consider,
                With the balancing patch there is gonna be new set items to collect.
                One per character class, two? Who knows?
                ​​​Additionally we may find that suddenly the Adventurer Set we've been discarding without a care is now worth putting a set together for testing, throw in a couple of new unique items storage space is gonna get real tight especially if you fielding two different character classes.

Then there is the new crafting system.
                The descrption is a little poor so it's hard to know how it's going to work.
                I assume the crafting material would be the base item and the reagents the stats,
                Does that mean that if you shard a Legendary item will it now be five separate items?
                Where are they gonna be stored?
                Will set/named items be included? If not it will be just as useless as the current system imo.

Anyways all I'm saying is don't get all exited about the extra storage space we've gotten with Act IV.

Balancing Patch

We have a balancing patch under development aimed at increasing the play-style variety.
                • New set items & unique items for all hero classes
                • Underused abilities have been revamped or buffed up
                • New abilities for heroes
                • Existing set items have had their set bonuses buffed or changed to make them more desirable
                We’ll release a comprehensive change list before going in beta.

ETA: 2-4 weeks after Act IV

​​
                Crafting System

We have a new crafting system under development, based on recipes and crafting ingredients. You will be able to shard items you don’t plan to use into crafting materials and reagents, and use those to craft brand new items. You’ll also have greater agency in terms of choosing the final crafting result. Jewelcrafting will also be included into the new crafting system, and revamped to greatly reduce the grinding involved.

ETA: 2-3 weeks after Balancing Patchs and updates to existing ones.

Comment

I would like to see more storage space considering how much equipment i keep.

1 complete set of each set
                  My xp gear
                  My gems
                  Crafting legendary gear
                  i still need to unlock 1 storage page and the last row in my inventory.. So expensive
                  Friend Code: YESU BAKO SODU 5281
                  Hero name: Cannibal
                  Warrior lvl 70
                  CL 510

My house got jacked
                  my friends are on crack
                  I cant get a job cuz my arms show trax

Comment

I only keep one XP set and one DPS set of Apprentice, Arcanist, Assault and Stalker. I keep multiple named weapons/books/shields (5 Hailstorms, 3 Deidre's, 4 Muck, 2 Elban's, 5 Necro so far). If I come across a set item, I sell the lessor item, thus improve my gear slowly. I keep mage gear on one page, BH gear on another. One page for jewelry, boosters and custom boxes, and finally one page for jewels I'm crafting (90's, 60% crit or 45%XP). I've got a warrior, but frankly, I stink at playing a warrior so he's been neglected a bit, so no warrior set saved at all.

Comment

Is it apprentice, stalker, or adv/jugg? no --> sell
                      Yes, then does it have CD over 55%? no --> sell
                      Yes, then does it have LR, DR, BR, PR, XP (low XP number), or an uneeded stat (such as LoH on mage gear)? yes --> sell
                      No, then are all the stats above XX (whatever number is relevant to be better than your current gear)? no --> sell
                      Yes, keep.
                      ANB #1- Mage Rank 17..... T107 in 9:47
                      ANB #2- Mage Rank 1....... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 1........ T122 in 9:05.
                      Live LB- XP Mage Rank 31. T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Thank you to everyone for giving me and others a closer look at how you manage your inventory and thank you Purple for your Yes/No guide! Very helpful to someone that wants to keep everything, but I am getting better, thanks again community!

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post

Yes, then does it have LR, DR, BR, PR, XP (low XP number), or an uneeded stat (such as LoH on mage gear)? yes --> sell
                          If any item does have ONE undesirable stat on it and the other 3 stats are useful to your build, then the "useless" stat can be reforged to a more useful stat, so it's not always best to sell.

Comment

Is it apprentice, stalker, or adv/jugg? no --> sell
                            Some BH players like Assault. Especially for stone mining, Assault 4 is very good. Running 4/2 on your miner gives the MS bump plus the Piercing bump. When your miner is OP you don't need the RF bump from Assault 6 and the Piercing bump from Stalker 2 pulls more enemies into the auto-attack. Opinions on this vary.

Some Warriors run 2/2/2 meaning they also save Defender gear. That's the most complex because it's not always a 1:1 swap. You might swap multiple items of various sets for an overall better build.

Yes, then does it have CD over 55%? no --> sell
                            ​​​​​​Agree

Yes, then does it have LR, DR, BR, PR, XP (low XP number), or an uneeded stat (such as LoH on mage gear)? yes --> sell​
                            Agree with the comment above, that one might choose to Reforge. However this is expensive and often frustrating due to the random system it's based on.
                            ​​​​​​

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381
                            ~ Gethi, mage, TL109 mobile & TL121 PC
                            ~ Kisheli, XP mage, TL112

~ ANB-beta, TL100 (#1); ANB1, TL116 (top 10); ANB2, TL110 (top 10);
                            ANB3, TL112 (top 10)

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
                              Some BH players like Assault. Especially for stone mining, Assault 4 is very good. Running 4/2 on your miner gives the MS bump plus the Piercing bump. When your miner is OP you don't need the RF bump from Assault 6 and the Piercing bump from Stalker 2 pulls more enemies into the auto-attack. Opinions on this vary.

Agree with the comment above, that one might choose to Reforge.

I meant to add assault to the list but just forgot to.

It's my person way of keeping or selling gear (although I don't ask myself those questions I just sell or don't cuz I know if I will use it or not) so I sell everything (not in an event though) that is not good even if a reforge made it great. Plus the fact that I have enough celestials for a full set anyway means keeping it really doesn't do much...
                              ANB #1- Mage Rank 17..... T107 in 9:47
                              ANB #2- Mage Rank 1....... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 1........ T122 in 9:05.
                              Live LB- XP Mage Rank 31. T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Working...
                              X