how many gems do you keep on hand?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many gems do you keep on hand?

I was very thrifty with my gems, using them only for unlocking characters, skill slots, minions, and storage. But now that I have five heros with storage and three fully unlocked (and minion'd) lvl 70s with no strong interest in raising up the last two, I've noticed my gems piling up. I've started using some to create sockets or reforge, but I'm lazy and still running 70 TLs. I only just noticed I can buy gemstone boosters with gems so that seems useful.

I guess everyone's gem buffer is different but is there a known rule of thumb for how many to stockpile for... I don't even know what for lol, emergencies hah?

Currently, long-term players are stock piling Gems for future ANB event, whenever that will be, in order to get the Celestial cubes.

How much you need is subjective and depends on how much playing time you have during the event, the more time you have, the more you can afford not to use boosters.

I used about 8,000 during the last ANB, admittedly mainly because I was too lazy to craft with Gold, and I was running full +200% boosters the entire 10 hours of play time. You can read about it here: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...-anb-3-journey
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

I am trying my best to build up a stock of gems, before I would try to keep 1000 on hand that was my number I wouldn't use them if I went below my number and now my new number is 3000. I am still using my self imposed rules in hopes of raising my number again to 5000. However, I still have no problem spending my gems because I still need minions and sockets, but I do my best not to go below my set number and eventually I be in a position to spend less and less and keep more. Last ANB 3 I had 630 gems enough to unlock the basics but having a larger stockpile would have helped me to my goal of attaining my first celestial at TR 80. It was my first ANB event and i learned a lot. Thanks for the topic!

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
        Currently, long-term players are stock piling Gems for future ANB event, whenever that will be, in order to get the Celestial cubes.

How much you need is subjective and depends on how much playing time you have during the event, the more time you have, the more you can afford not to use boosters.

I used about 8,000 during the last ANB, admittedly mainly because I was too lazy to craft with Gold, and I was running full +200% boosters the entire 10 hours of play time. You can read about it here: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...-anb-3-journey
        Thanks Nhat for the "Great Posting"...I try to follow your suggestion with my future ANB warrior...via PC
        Last edited by TheExorcist; 10-09-2018, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Coda hah I am far from drowning in gems. I don't even have enough to socket all my gear (which I don't feel is worth doing yet because my TL is still low). It actually feels pretty well balanced to me because I imagine socketing ever better gear from TL 80+ gets expensive. I was looking for a ballpark to gauge my spending now -- suboptimal gear socketing, frivolous reforging of 70s stats, and currency boosters.

Gems seem quite well balanced, gemstones on the other hand are crap. In all this time using only the recent war supply reward boosters I've only been able to acquire enough stones for a single near-perfect piece of jewelry. I have all the 90s/60% greens for my next piece but almost no gemstones to craft with. I wouldn't mind spending gems on those boosters but farming stones effeciently while watching the booster clock count down makes me tense and feels un-fun so I've been avoiding it.

Anyway. Thank you to those who reminded me about ANB and the threshold I might want!

Comment

I hate all you people and your self-control.
            Mobile only player
            Assault BH Tunre TL 111 in 9:44

Comment

I walked into the last ANB with about 5k gems iirc, which made getting into the top 100 warrior leaderboard pretty easy. All my loot from the last one has now been reforged and socketed as much as I feel is necessary, and am saving up those dailies to get to around the same place for next time.

Comment

If you still need high quality jewelry, by far the best use of gems is buying currency boosters and farming wherever you're most comfortable (SoA, TBD). You can have enough brilliants to build your jewelry in a week or 2, depending how frequently your farm.

After that, save them up for an ANB event.
                CL 2K+
                Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
                TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

Originally posted by lama75 View Post
                  If you still need high quality jewelry, by far the best use of gems is buying currency boosters and farming wherever you're most comfortable (SoA, TBD). You can have enough brilliants to build your jewelry in a week or 2, depending how frequently your farm.

After that, save them up for an ANB event.
                  Just to follow up on what lama75 said, in my opinion if you're playing on mobile there is no excuse NOT to have either the +100% gemstone boost or 50% exp boost running at all times. You can recoup the cost of either by watching only 5-6 ads--so 3 min max--and the 100% gemstone boost makes a surprisingly noticeable difference. It may be the best "value" gem-wise, in the game.
                  Mobile only player
                  Assault BH Tunre TL 111 in 9:44

Comment

Personally I like to keep about 2,000 gems on hand. Now that I have my Mages abilities all up to level 10 I don't have to worry about spending gems on that so I think bringing that steadily up and up Will Be My New Reality.

I too agree with having the EXP booster at all times. You only have to watch a couple of videos and it's paid for itself for sure

Comment

36,290 currently

I’ve always wondered about this and how I fell in relation to an average player. I am extremely casual and mostly only log in for my dailies. I play events up to TL80 and rarely push farther.I use the drop bonus to gather experience and gemstones rarely more than 60 minutes play time. I just kept telling my self that the next 1000 gems would be my new baseline and never stoppped .

I really like this game, such a good time killer when you don’t have much time to kill. Plus, these forums are great! I don’t think I would have crawled this far with out all the great advise here. CL 1356 and highest TL99 on iPad assault BH.

Comment

Ruach O.M.G. hahahaha.

Comment

Working...
                        X