Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old guy needs help.

Hi guys.
    I've finally hit lvl 70. Been playing consistently now for a few days. Sadly I'm not pumping in 14+ hours a day like I was in the old days but I leave that for you young folks.
    ------
    guys I need help to better utilize my very limited playtime.
    I've looked through tons of guides wonderfully done but lord knows they just made me dizzy with out giving the info I seek. May someone can answer these questions directly for my old slow brain?
    -----------
    (1). Are we getting pvp?
    (2) are there, and if so what are the soft caps on each stat? (For example xxx points into xxx stat peaks at 68% then shows diminishing values after that point.)
    (3) for todays mages, what is considered the best or most bang for your buck attack speed?
    -----
    these questions are very important for old gamers like myself because dps is not always equal. You can have crappy damage but falsely inflate your dps with attack speed. So for me, understanding peaks and diminishing returns on stats is the only way to truly build a good character.

thank you guys in advance for any light you can shine on these questions.
    HEJI HAFI CALI 2445
    Add me I need some Love, not getting it from my wife anymore

Originally posted by mukraise View Post
    (1). Are we getting pvp?
    It's still on the "to do" list, they'll "get back to it" later (from Upcoming Changes thread)

(2) are there, and if so what are the soft caps on each stat? (For example xxx points into xxx stat peaks at 68% then shows diminishing values after that point.)
    Everything kinda "capped", other than Power:
    Originally posted by Nhat View Post
    Attributes Graphs.xls
    • Attribute value calculations, showing the "diminishing return" for various attributes
    • Revised: 02/08/18 - BH max AS synergy is 7% (not 6%); rescaled up to 4000
    • Graphs: Attack Speed vs Haste and others
    (3) for todays mages, what is considered the best or most bang for your buck attack speed?
    From lama75's "So You Want to be a Mage" post:
    Originally posted by lama75 View Post
    Attributes

Assuming you wish to push to make your mage the GOAT, you'll need to focus on certain character attributes. Before we can discuss things like gear and jewelry post level 70, you'll need to know what attributes to focus on. Don't worry, the list is short.

High level mage character attributes to focus on:
    • Ability Rate- endgame goal ~1500
    • Haste- endgame goal enough Haste to provide Attack Speed ~6.75
    • Crticial Rating- endgame goal ~45%
    • Critical Damage- endgame goal ~1300%
    • Power- endgame goal- As Much as Possible, preferably use CL's for this but some on gear is OK too
    • Vitality- endgame goal- anywhere from 130k-180k depending on play style
    • Experience- +800%
    There are a few high level mage players that advocate 1 attribute slot of Life on Hit. Typically, these guys are at the top of the LB with multiple Celestial items and can afford 1 slot of LoH because the Celestial items provide enough extra Vitality that they can afford to use a slot on LoH. Suffice it to say, you'll know if you need this.

Hope that helps.
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

AWESOME.... Thank you so much Nhat. I've been looking all over for this info it was driving me crazy. There are so many posts to look through. That's what I get for being out of touch. :-)
      ps... celestial items???? I never had this. I'll try to look through to see what this is.
      Last edited by mukraise; 10-09-2018, 10:03 AM.
      HEJI HAFI CALI 2445
      Add me I need some Love, not getting it from my wife anymore

Comment

AWESOME.... Thank you so much Nhat. I've been looking all over for this info it was driving me crazy. There are so many posts to look through. That's what I get for being out of touch. :-)
        ps... celestial items???? I never had this. I'll try to look through to see what this is.
        These are rewarded in recurring Limited Time Events called "A New Beginning", wherein you get a temporary 6th character slot to take a fresh new "event hero" from level 1 to whatever Champion Level you can manage to reach within 1 week (the nominal event duration).

There are rewards as you hit various event milestones (reach level 70, complete Story mode Normal difficulty, beat Trial 20, etc.). The most coveted reward is a Celestial Item creation cube that you get for completing Trial 80 in the event. This cube lets you create any item in the game (Uniques too) with custom-chosen near-perfect stats (think like within 10% of max value), plus a bonus +90 Vitality as a 5th stat.

There are additional Celestial cubes for those finishing the event in the top 10, top 25, and top 100 players (for each hero class), as ranked by highest trial completed in lowest time.

You can read more in Adrian's first post on this topic: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...ed-time-events

Comment

mukraise - chk the link in my signature. hopefully you find it helpful for mage specific questions.

UPDATE: In case the signature isn't visible, here's the link.
          Last edited by lama75; 10-09-2018, 12:38 PM.
          CL 2K+
          Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
          TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

Originally posted by lama75 View Post
            mukraise - chk the link in my signature. hopefully you find it helpful for mage specific questions.
            Your signature is not showing for me, for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post

Well, that's annoying...
              CL 2K+
              Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
              TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post

Just checking, do you see other signatures, eg my one with the links to the guides? If not, you might not have "Show signature" selected, it's in User Settings => Account

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-10-09-23-53-52.png
Views:	1
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	115545
                Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

Just checking, do you see other signatures, eg my one with the links to the guides? If not, you might not have "Show signature" selected, it's in User Settings => Account

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-10-09-23-53-52.png
Views:	1
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	115545
                  With no disrespect whatsoever to other helpful forum members, I would like to express that you are, by far, The Most Helpful user on this forum.

Comment

I've looked through tons of guides wonderfully done but lord knows they just made me dizzy without giving the info I seek.
                    Sorry to have to point this out, but...

The people that wrote some of the guides, kindly took time to answer your questions, with links back to those and other guides, that gave the answers which you stated were not there.

For example, "Diminishing Returns" stats are covered in depth in the Guide on stats.

You might not have read enough, or didn't remember these specific questions being addressed. There is indeed a lot to take in.
                    Last edited by Coda; 10-09-2018, 08:28 PM.
                    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381
                    ~ Gethi, mage, TL109 mobile & TL121 PC
                    ~ Kisheli, XP mage, TL112

~ ANB-beta, TL100 (#1); ANB1, TL116 (top 10); ANB2, TL110 (top 10);
                    ANB3, TL112 (top 10)

Comment

Welcome back (again), Muk!

Comment

Working...
                      X