Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you freeze Elban with frost nova when he starts to leech your life to stop him?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you freeze Elban with frost nova when he starts to leech your life to stop him?

Hello,
    Like title says, on mage can you use frost nova to freeze elban to stop his life leech? I haven't leveled it yet so thought it would be better to ask.
    Thank you,
    Andrew

I'm not sure if just Fost Nova you can freeze the bosses...But it is possible if u combine...Frost Nova, Blizzard and then shoot with Frostbolt with extra help of Blink Blink Blink if you have it (i'm an "Ice-Mage" ? who used these four)..now at trial 90 somethin. (but stop playin at the moment cause upgrading my mage and to concentrate on my warrior)...at a lower trial the bosses seems not only freeze but sometime kabooom!! (explode)..that whats i like about ice mage?...but better for those expert in Mage answer these...im just a NOOB...thus good not only for you but for me to hear their advice etc etc

erm...I once saw an "Ice-Mage?" (Just one person -not sure) at the Leaderboard for all heroes..now no more?....
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 10-10-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

It's more reliable to just use Blink as a counter. Just make sure you don't get stuck in a confined space, and you should easily be able to Blink out of range and break the connection.

Comment

I've been able to freeze Magroth, Elban and Broken Dragon with my minions. So, I would assume that it is possible to freeze Elban as well with Mage abilities/skills.
        Zecena - Level 70 Bounty Hunter - Stalker Set
        Champion Level: 899
        Damage: 884,766
        Toughness: 178,209
        Recovery: 58,033
        Trial Level Completed: 103 - 9:59

Last Updated: August 13, 2018

Comment

All monsters including bosses have two colored bars. The red one is their health/life. The light blue one is for negative effects like slowing them and freezing them. If that bar fills up they become immune to such effects for a time.

In addition bosses have an ability called "Breaking Free" that lets them unfreeze (etc).

Together, they cause illogical behavior ... one could call it a bug ... a supposedly frozen boss sometimes attacks or moves. It's pretty frustrating when it happens. You learn to not count on it and benefit from it when you can.

An ice mage is a very interesting concept but is currently unfortunately not viable at the highest levels. Same for fire mage.

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381
          ~ Gethi, mage, TL109 mobile & TL121 PC
          ~ Kisheli, XP mage, TL112

~ ANB-beta, TL100 (#1); ANB1, TL116 (top 10); ANB2, TL110 (top 10);
          ANB3, TL112 (top 10)

Comment

I would better follow your advice coda...you the expert...have just changed my ice mage to the normal one..it's easy cause all important skill already at 10..had also watch potato, lama etc etc mage videos....erm it's waste of time 4me to continue play as ice mage if it's not going to succeed at a higher trial....tank u

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
              All monsters including bosses have two colored bars. The red one is their health/life. The light blue one is for negative effects like slowing them and freezing them. If that bar fills up they become immune to such effects for a time.

In addition bosses have an ability called "Breaking Free" that lets them unfreeze (etc).

Together, they cause illogical behavior ... one could call it a bug ... a supposedly frozen boss sometimes attacks or moves. It's pretty frustrating when it happens. You learn to not count on it and benefit from it when you can.

An ice mage is a very interesting concept but is currently unfortunately not viable at the highest levels. Same for fire mage.
              Coda

Is this why Snipe + SS sometimes allows a BH to kill a boss (even at +100 TL) without ever having to move, and why sometimes it does not? The trick would be to trap the boss in the alternating freeze/reset effects of S and SS when their blue bar is not filled up. If you can do so, and have an AR / AS high enough to keep just ahead of (or on pace with) the boss' recovery, then you can just stand there and pummel them. Even this stops working above TL 110 I think. But I am wondering if the reason why the strategy sometimes works and sometimes does not on lower TLs has to do with the boss' blue bar. I am sure this has been covered before. Apologies in advance.
              Mobile only player
              Assault BH Tunre TL 111 in 9:44

Comment

Excuse me..at the mage leaderboard..no 1 is purple..is it purple potato?..I try step by step to upgrade my mage based on this character..even though it's a long way to go for me..but at least I used this character as guidance
                Attached Files
                Last edited by TheExorcist; 10-10-2018, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldmobilenewbie View Post
                  Is this why Snipe + SS sometimes allows a BH to kill a boss (even at +100 TL) without ever having to move, and why sometimes it does not? ...
                  I'm not a BH expert. Prior to v1.3, I got a Stalker build up to around TL105-110 and an Assault build a little higher. That is a LOT lower than TL120+, as you know. So, keep that caveat in mind.

My understanding is that Snipe briefly "stuns" the boss and this effect is not suppressed (or not as much) by the light blue bar filling up. It might even reset the cycle of abilities/spells the boss cycles through? That's why highest level BH run massive AR. They survive and win by nearly continually keeping the boss stunned. I think.

BH also win by reviving minions with Smoke Screen ... which seems to have been nerfed bigtime in v1.3. I can get them to revive only rarely. The 30% Attack Speed boost never really goes away for a BH, pre-v1.3. And maybe SS contributes to the stun effect somehow.

Maybe Wllly can answer better. Or some other top 10 BHs ... ?

By the way, some call that light blue bar, the CC meter which I think stands for Crowd Control.

Getting back to mage, it seems the freeze effect cannot be sustained continually. The obvious build to try is casting Frost Nova + Blizzard + Frost Beam. And hammer away with Frost Bolt as one of your attacks. I've tried it for fun, and it is fun (like running TL100 for XP). But not for high end trials.

A fire mage build is fun too, for variety.

​​​​​​
                  VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

ANB3, TL112 (top 10)

Comment

Originally posted by TheExorcist View Post
                    ...at the mage leaderboard..no 1 is purple..is it purple potato?
                    Yes, #1 is Purple Potato
                    I'm #3 and Wllly is #4
                    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

ANB3, TL112 (top 10)

Comment

Wow....the big 4...nice...four of you as guidance awesome...

im just no 1366...far far down below..compare to the big 4 up in heaven!!
                      Last edited by TheExorcist; 10-10-2018, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X