No announcement yet.

Question for PC players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to say 8" and vlasak megastore(sp) ..... but I am not 73 !

Comment

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
      5.25"*
      5.25" ± 0.25" (if you believe in tolerance...)

Apple Lisa had a 5.25" disk with two read/write slots at 90° apart for two different heads. Then, they replaced them all with the Macintosh and 3.5" disks.
      Last edited by lmcelhiney; 05-09-2019, 08:19 PM. Reason: Apple media

Comment

Originally posted by RockDoc View Post

See, it's been so many years it shrunk a quarter of an inch. LOL

On a different forum I saw a player who noted he was 73. He's got me beat
        I will be 73 at the end of the Summer. (Three things happen to you as you get older! First you start losing your memory and I can't remember the other two...)

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post

I will be 73 at the end of the Summer. (Three things happen to you as you get older! First you start losing your memory and I can't remember the other two...)
          So I'm not the only old fart who enjoys playing make believe fantasy games to pass the time. Woo hoo!!! Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since one of the original fantasy RPGs was D&D in the 1970s.
          BTW I've heard the same thing about getting older, at least I think that's what I remember...

Comment

Some of us were born as curmudgeonly senior citizens, but at least I have 5 grandchildren to justify it a little now...

If this game ever gets multi-player, there may be enough of us to actually form a guild called "We are your grandparents".
            Last edited by Trouble; 05-10-2019, 01:56 AM.

Comment

As to the PC - I could only find a download for a Windows 10 device. As the OP mentioned playing the game on some older PC - can anyone guide me to a download location for the PC game, to run it on older OS (anything before Win 10)?

Comment

I believe that I have a pair of shoes older than some of the players. :-)

Comment

I believe that I have a pair of shoes older than some of the players. :-)
                  Hell, my CD collection is older than many of our peers...

And let's not get started comparing VHS tapes boxed up in a closet... And these are just things which aren't thrown out yet.
                  Last edited by Trouble; 05-10-2019, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post

Hell, my CD collection is older than many of our peers...
                    ...and I still have hundreds of LaserDiscs and a working LaserDisc player... :-)

Comment

...and I still have hundreds of LaserDiscs and a working LaserDisc player... :-)
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	emn61.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	134977

Comment

...however, you could make a VHS tape copy from a LaserDisc which was a higher quality than the commercial version of the same movie.

This was the precursor to LaserDiscs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capaci...lectronic_Disc (They were crap...)

Comment

Originally posted by RockDoc View Post
                          BTW "old guy Wits" the first video game I ever played was Pong, in a bowling alley, and I was old enough to drive, not a kid. The next games were loaded onto a computer and played using a 5" floppy disk. The ones I can remember are Breakout and Space Invaders. In the 1980s there were the car racing games that you played from a console on your TV from Atari. I think the first computer game I played that had characters and a storyline was the original DOOM or Prince of Persia, both loaded from multiple 3" discs on an old PC, early 1990s. So I'll go out on a limb and say, I bet you're not that old.
                          I played Pong as well; also Ms. Pac Man, Leisure Suit Larry, King's Quest, Police Quest, Space Quest, etc. Let me put it this way: the first TV I had (when I was a kid, maybe 9 or 10) was black & white. After reading more of this post, I have to hand the title to lmcelhiney (but I'm close!)
                          Last edited by Wits; 05-14-2019, 05:05 PM.
                          Wits, level 70 BH
                          Mahmage, level 70 Mage
                          Eshusi, level ?? Warrior
                          Ebati, level 70 Mage (experience)
                          Deadeye, level 70 BH (Farmer)

GAGI KAMI SINE 2170

Comment

Originally posted by Wits View Post

I played Pong as well; also Ms. Pac Man, Leisure Suit Larry, King's Quest, Police Quest, Space Quest, etc. Let me put it this way: the first TV I had (when I was a kid, maybe 9 or 10) was black & white. After reading more of this post, I have to hand the title to lmcelhiney (but I'm close!)
                            Atari created coin operated games as their original business. During the home computer boom in the 1980s, they hired 1000s of employees in Silicon Valley. Those employees who still worked on the commercial games had T-Shirts made which said: "Coin Op - The REAL Atari!" :-)

Comment

No grandchildren here (yet), but I may be getting close...I should probably ask to have a spot reserved in Trouble 's guild.
                              Last edited by MarkHark; 05-14-2019, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
                                No grandchildren here (yet), but I may be getting close...I should probably ask to have a spot reserved in Trouble 's guild.
                                Still finalizing our charter, and hearing supporting arguments for the alternate names "Discount Coffee" and "Get Off My Lawn".

<3

Comment

Working...
                                X