This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summary of Issues Reported, "Beta Act IV", v1.3.__

Here is an attempt to summarize all of the issues reported so far. This is mostly copy & paste, and to reduce time invested, for the most part I am not planning on posting very many links back to the source post nor trying to exhaustively "credit" the author. A lot of people have put in a lot of hard work and hopefully know their efforts are much appreciated. Reply below with missing or newly found issues, updates to existing issues, etc. I will attempt to keep this first post updated with all the input.

GENERAL
    1. Cannot use a hero above a certain low level (4+).
      ~ FIXED ~
      ~
    2. Gold, red health discs, gems, etc. do not fly to you at the end of the level (in version 12)
      ~ FIXED ~
      ~
    3. Overlapping and misplaced graphics, entry portal (map selection screen) of Story Mode Act III. Bug reported here (and other places).
      ~ FIXED ~
      ~
    4. My pack is full, so I go to town. When I came back, items don't fly to me anymore, so I need to collect them through all level again!
      Also, upon completing a quest items fly to me, then inventor fills up. I use the portal to go back to hometown and make space, then return to the quest. I now have to run around and collect all remaining inventory items.
      ~ FIXED ~
      ~
    5. Apples & Potions only stack to 10.
      ~ FIXED ~
      ~
    6. Camera position seem to have been shifted down a bit, the hero is no longer at the center, more noticable at 40% zoom. Also means, "below" the boss is no longer the best position, since the boss would be off the screen. Pic here.
      ~ FIXED ~
      ~
    7. Glitches with text placement inside custom legendary box screen. (link)
      ~ FIXED ~
      ~
    8. Visual defects remain on screen from gold, Deadly Throw, "explosion left over" from Heatseekers, etc. Pic here. And here. And here. And here.
      ~ FIXED ~
      ~
    9. IronBound reward-completion causes repeatable force-close. Numerous players reported this. The one that's causing it to the crash is getting the Legendary box at a rating of 200. Cannot be re-tested since "timer" expired.
      ~ Reported as 'possibly' fixed here ~
      ~
    10. Overlapping components with the new interface prevent convenient use of character sheet button, making the Training Grounds a frustration. Numerous posts about this including here. And here. And here. And here.
      ~ Workaround: press the android device's 'back' button ~
      ~ FIXED but the buttons and font are extremely small on some higher end devices as shown here ~

~
    11. Event "War Supplies" on Sep 21 or Sep 22, did not start within beta versions when it was reported that it was supposed to. It did start eventually.
      ~ Probably just a miscommunication? ~
      ~
    12. The font color in the hometown makes it hard to read the labels.
      ~
    13. Too much stuff is still pulsing / glowing. Why? Annoying.
      ~
    14. "48h special offer" (for Endar etc.) -- icon is annoying. It would be nice if a delay is added and it doesn't show immediately after leaving a fight. In trials it's a 3-5 sec on/off flashing light. In Story/Trial overview it hides 50% of the story tab. It could be moved to the right, just after the trial tab. Disable it during interaction with NPC and inventory. It will annoyingly open if you tap near it, although it is not visible or is behind the current menu.
      ~
    15. The cost of extra inventory space is extortionate. [ 800 gems per row per hero = 800 * 2 * 5 = 8,000 gems total ]
      ~
    16. Very little registers on the leader-board. Perhaps intentional during beta, but Devs have not clarified this.
      ~
    17. Sometimes the gear sub-windows -- showing various information like item statistics -- extends beyond the screen. And sometimes can't scroll.
      ~
    18. In addition, Training Grounds stat display running off the screen - seems like the text size have been increased (pic here)
      ~
    19. Graphical Glitch when DFA is equipped. (link)
      ~
    20. Inside mail box, the "letter" that offers a reward for completing Trial __ -- the "Enter Trial" button does not function.
      ~
    21. Translations are missing for all new texts added with this Beta. Specific request: English to Chinese translation
      ~
    22. No Dev notes on the 1.3.__ version, including Act IV and/or the two new bosses. It was promised on August 18 -- "A more comprehensive release notes and known issues list is being compiled and will be posted on the forum." Numerous / repeated requests for Dev notes. Not going to link back to all of them.
      ~
    23. When you finish a level, it used to show you your progress towards earning all 10 gems, but now it just takes you back to the hometown. Except for Misty Island, that still shows the progress towards earning all 10 gems. Which is the intended behavior?
      ~
    24. Suggested expansion of Stash pages. This is not Beta-Specific. Numerous & emphatic requests for it. Willing to pay gems. Suggested here.
      ~
    25. For the things that unlock at certain points, early on in the game, it is not clear that the unlocks occur after a completing certain Story / Map level, or after a certain Hero level. Two of the eight messages indicate Story Level. Six of them just state "level" as if it might be Hero Level, because they do not state "Story". But they aren't consistently one or the other. Confusing, especially for newbs.
      ~
    26. Notice the "watch a video" window is partially displayed, superimposed with normal screen. Variations of this have been reported. Work around is to exit and restart. Pic here.
      ~
    27. At first, I thought it was a neat feature that some items, you could tap them to collect them even if they were beyond the range of the "magnet". Most items are like this, except gold. However, it interferes with movement. Instead of moving to the spot you tap, if something is there, it gets collected. If there are things in the way, it requires multiple taps to move to where you wish to go. The only item where this might be a benefit, is the red health-replenishment discs. However, "tap to collect" is disabled during combat when you would most need the health replenished.
      ~
    28. Not a beta-specific issue, but suggestions for some sort of visual indicator on the hero for all the important procs -- AR from Integralas Mantle, P from Power Infusion, etc. Is there a new green glow from using Arc Lightning? A new whitish glow from Power Infusion? If so, yay! HERE
      ~
    29. Alarion is impolite. After you finish all his quests he refuses to talk to you at all.
      ~
    30. The maximum number of stars is incorrect. In v1.3.__ it displays as 825 but the maximum is 810. The level "Training Grounds" does not award stars, which accounts for the "missing" 15 stars. For the love of all that is blessed please fix this. If it really is possible in some secret as yet not-found way to get the other 15 star, please drop a hint.
      ~
    31. Training Ground percentage stats do not work (display as all zeros). See pic here. Reported to have occurred "with previous versions too" but it was not stated if this meant v1.2 (pre-beta).
      ~
    32. Observation only: companions no longer show on the main menu.
      ~

HOMETOWN
    1. The mailbox in hometown seems difficult to get a touch to register. Have to tap repeatedly before mail comes up.
      ~ FIXED ~
      ~
    2. Slinky (since renamed) the Consumable Trader is short changing his customers. If you purchase the 5 x Apples you only receive one Apple. The same goes for the 3 x Health Potions only one potion received.
      ~ FIXED ~
      ~
    3. The font positioning of Gornathan's name is too low, such that it obstructs one's view of him. (v1.3.15)
      ~ FIXED ~
      ~
    4. New Consumable Trader, Ruby, image covers the items, you can still select them, so obviously not a big deal since most of us know what's there, but not new players...
      ~ FIXED ~
      ~
    5. Crafting jewelry is extremely cumbersome. You cannot switch to your shared stash to sort jewelry. You have to exit back to the Town Square, enter your stash, then exit back again to the square to re-enter jewelry. You also cannot sell unwanted pieces. Again, you have to exit to the square, go to the Hoarder, sell, exit again, go back to the jeweler.
      ~ One can access the 'Stash' from the Jewelry menu (lower tab on right side), but cannot Sell ~
      ~
    6. After exiting a level, particularly a Trial, back in town, the minions are still running around like crazy as if looking to attack something. Another post had them attacking the ground inside the hometown. Video here.
      ~ Reported by a Dev as fixed in v18 ~
      ~
    7. Very strange results back in hometown, when kicked out of Misty Island for dying too many times. (link)
      ~ FIXED ~
      ~
    8. Health does not return to full upon returning to hometown AFTER completing a level. I can see why you wouldn't want that during a level or trial, since it could be exploited. But once a level is completed or exited, health should return to full. It is mentioned that this was fixed but it's not, up to version 16. Also posted here.
      ~C
    9. Consuming a potion in the Hometown has no effect on health -- it doesn't work. [ v1.3.18 ]
      ~
    10. If you eat an apple or drink a potion while in town: While you remain on either the hero inventory screen or the stash screen, the count of how many you have in inventory does not decrement. The timer, 15 seconds for apples or 30 seconds for potions, does not countdown. Once you exit back to the main screen for the hometown, the timer counts down in the background. if you patiently wait long enough and then go back into inventory or stash, the item consumed will have finally been removed from your inventory.
      ~
    11. It is cumbersome to exit the home town to the main menu. You have to tap the gear (lower left), then tap Exit to Main Menu, then tap Yes, to confirm. It used to be that tapping the Android device's "back" button would go to the Main Menu. Now from with the hometown, the back button opens the hero's inventory? SIMILAR: The exit function doesn't need to be confirmed while between active levels as there would be no negative consequence to exiting to main screen.
      ~
    12. Cannot immediately access the Shared Stash, not even while in the home town. Have to exit, and tap on the "Your Stash" chest.
      ~
    13. Cannot immediately sell items. Have to exit and tap on the Hoarder. Same when you are viewing your Stash... cannot sell items, have to exit and tap on Hoarder.
      ~
    14. As you can see here, there is a ring I have dropped ... it has bounced into an area where I cannot pick it up. Would be rather frustrating if I wanted to get it. (link)
      ~
    15. I've noticed if I drop something in HT and sell off some things, when I come back to HT from vendor my stuff on ground is gone.
      ~
    16. Same is true for skill cooldowns. If you are back in hometown with an active cooldown, it will only reduce if you don't open a menu or interact with an NPC.
      ~
    17. Option to turn on "Sell on Tap" is nice. Wish buy-back worked this way too.
      ~
    18. Hometown is overall a big step backwards. Many suggestions (here) and also (here) and (here).
      ~
    19. Dervis (since renamed) seems to be redundant, since you have access to Sell and Buyback from all the other vendors - including the companion one, which is a bit odd...
      ~
    20. Consumables Trader .... it'd be better to "line up" the boosters: Row 1: xp boosters, apples Row 2: currency boosters, potion
      ~
    21. The game should clear the "in progress level" when the player exit to the main menu. I can see why the portal is kept when exit to Hometown, but then it should reload to Hometown with the portal active, not to the level itself.
      ~
    22. Would it be possible to add a quick Hero change through the INN instead of having to exit to main menu, then changing heroes?
      Prior to the beta update it required one less step to do this.
      ~

QUESTS
    1. Quests regarding jewelry crafting (and perhaps others) were not properly occurring in version 15, but in version 16, they are now working.
      ~ FIXED ~
      ~
    2. Completed the related quest but cannot get rid of extra "Ethereal Ice Cubes" (link)
      ~
    3. Error completing the quest "Brave the Ruins". It was completed but all the Objectives were not checked -- the one "Find Iskarion Skybreaker" was NOT complete, yet the one after that "Defeat ... ", was completed. Illogical. If he was defeated, he was obviously found first. Had to complete it again to pass it.
      ~
    ACT IV
    1. The last level of the new Act 4, once completed it does not allow the character to reenter the level to pickup the extra drops.
      ~ FIXED ~
      ~
    2. Act IV, level "The Highroad". When I open mini-map and zoom in, it becomes black.
      ~
    3. Location number 41 (Demeter, the Shattered World). Mob spawns outside the playing area. (link)
      ~
    4. Map 46. Midway through the map my minions refused to attack several camps of monsters. (link)
      ~
    5. Map 46. The first chest behind the locked gate, you can access via a glitch in the NE side-wall. The second one, a Mage can Blink or a Warrior can Leap and get it. Details, pics here.
      ~
    6. Map 52 (and others) the green "guidance" arrow points the wrong way. Also mentioned here. Please remove the green "go this way" arrow from ALL maps. So far, it's been almost useless for all the Act IV maps that have it, randomly spinning around as the hero takes a few steps - enemy jamming hero's sense of direction? (link) (another link) (third link)
      ~
    7. Numerous map glitches in Act IV where you can walk off into space, walk through walls, off of the path, etc. One example video here. And here.
      ~
    8. Numerous issues with the map, once expanded into full view, not "filling in" or illuminating properly.
      ~
    9. Problems with bridges. { Cue the 'not another bridge' commentary from the hero. } Video here.
      ~
    10. Act IV, Dragons Crag: after completing the level and taking the victory portal back to Hometown. When re-entering the world map I found that I was still on Dragon's Crag ( Run: 1 +1 Gem ) and could not progress to the next level. I repeated the level a couple more times with no change so I exited and restarted Eternium played it again and progressed to the next level. The exact same thing happened on my Legendary run, same level. SIMILAR: same issue, work around was to complete some other earlier level, then go back and complete the first level where stuck, then could "pass" it and unlock next level. Several reports of this same issue. Official bug report here.
      ~
    11. Another example similar to above, not getting credit for completing level -- also causes app crash, here.
      ~
    12. General comments about "not much lore". Example: No single book in Act IV - which there should be at least 3, since the only way to actually learn something is by level description, which makes no sense, since it tells that "we learned that". When however, they didn't. They would, if they found some book about it, anything. Example #2: missing aether crystals. Example #3: can't find the keystone shards
      ~
    13. Map glitch -- enemies spawned into an area one cannot access. (link)
      ~
    14. In the Act 4 map, Scartree Hold, when you first enter the level the portal is shown. IIRC no other Act 4 map displays a portal at the beginning of the level. Is it intended that this one map displays the "entry" portal? Pic here.
      ~
    15. Got stuck in Desolation Desert. Video here.
      ~
    16. Walked off path and through walls. Video here.
      ~
    17. Visual bugs: The portals light doesn't shade well in some stages. There are some pitch black places where they aren't loading properly.
      ~
    18. Story not as rich as Acts 1 - 3. No letters, books. Story summaries (shown upon entry or if map is viewed) are confusing. Missing aether crystals, keystone shards.
      ~
    19. Act IV maps runs more "sluggish" than the others, so have to restart more often...
      ~
    20. Major device performance issue with Dragon's Crag - might have something to do with those scripted doors?
      ~
    21. Some lag on a "S8" device. Lag reported other times but which device not mentioned.
      ~
    22. The Underworld consistently crashing on load, only managed to "get into the level" once, but was pretty much unplayable - out of 10 tries, and yes, I have done full clear-reinstall in between. I appreciate that it's my phone's limitation, so that's fine. However it does highlight that Dragon's Crag and Underworld need a lot more resources than the rest of Act IV, so there may be things in there worth investigating...
      ~
    23. Is there music for Act4? I had it turned off all this time and just turned it back on today. I get music in story mode during acts 1-3, but about half - way through Act4 and I haven't heard any music in the story mode levels. Music returns as soon as I return to hometown, fwiw.
      ~

COMBAT / BATTLE INTERFACE
    1. The "W" symbol / gesture is hard to do.
      ~
    2. Various posts about not liking the new location of the apples & potions buttons, and not enough space between them. Example: used to be able to tap them with left hand/finger while playing with right hand/fingers. Mentioned also here. And here.
      ~
    3. There are monster(s) in Act IV that give(s) a gnarly bleed/DoT that can kill you long after they are dead. It can also kill you (again) after you revive! I think that deserves some sort of aura or graphic on the hero. Video here.
      ~
    4. Act IV monsters spawn in Act 1, The Fiery Pits. Link
      ~
    5. Tiny pebble deflecting shots (right next to apple in picture) ... first level Act IV. (link)
      ~
    6. Pre-existing DFA and Passive Immolate bug, has not been fixed (up to version 1.3.15).
      ~
    7. If you have one of those big DoTs on you, combat does not turn off, until the DoT wears off, even if it is a few seconds after the enemies are dead. If the enemies are dead, is not combat finished? Impact = victory portal will not appear, chests will not open.
      ~
    8. "Mobs mechanics" change: feels like the "aggression distance" have been increased, in that the mobs will target and start to attack the hero from further away. Again, most noticable in the Training Grounds. Previously, when I start the "dummy" just stand there, and I have to either move closer or do a range attack before it fights back. Now it starts attacking straight away.
      ~
    9. A difference I've noticed with Sisters/Healers. They used to hang back. Now they walk right over to you. Still very hard to kill if you are unlucky enough to get 2 Elites in one mob. At least as hard as before, maybe harder. {Seconded that they are much harder.} But now harder to leave them behind for sure.
      ~
    10. When I start a new map my health bar is not full and has to receive healing before proceeding. This is only the case for my warrior and doesn't occur with my mage or bounty hunter. Here
      ~

TRIALS
    1. The method to "abandon" is cumbersome. If stuck in trial, we must open portal in combat or need some leave method. If you spawn where a killer group elites just keep killing you only option is to quit to main menu.
      ~ FIXED ~
      ~
    2. At the end of a trial the exit portal often does not automatically appear. Sometimes it does, sometimes not.
      ~ FIXED ~
      ~
    3. This being fixed highlights another issue though. Combat does not switch off right away and you can't use the portal until it does. Especially with TBD. If minions stand in a lava circle (they seem compelled to do so, when they could easily relocate) they don't die but they remain on fire and combat stays 'on'.
      Code:
      ~~~IF {in lava circle}
      ~~~THEN {move distance N in direction X}
      ~~~LOOP UNTIL {not in lava circle}
      ~~~N = greater than diameter of lava circle
      ~~~X = perpendicular to direction towards boss
      ...Apply the same logic to whether minion is standing under Magroth's Meteor Shower or Elban's Death from Above Circle or about to get blasted by Dragon's Breath. (I forget what they are officially called.)
      ...Replace "in lava circle" with "in obvious mortal danger", then only variable is N.
      ...piece of cake?!
      ...No charge for you to license the above code.
      ~
    4. Use the portal to abandon a quest /trial without completing it. Exit the game. Restart the game and you're immediately put back into the quest/trial you abandoned.
      ~
    5. When you die in a trial, the next screen needs a third option. "Rise" and "Revive" are already offered. "Abandon" should be added.
      ~
    6. Been fighting Kara on 105. Keep dying, which isn't surprising. What is surprising is the game crashes consistently as long as I keep retrying after she kills me. I haven't noticed a pattern here yet- could crash after the 1st retry, or 5th retry. It doesn't crash while when I've died, rather during normal game-play while fighting Kara. Don't know if anyone else has reported this problem with other bosses, so know if this is Kara specific.
      ~
      ~
    BUFFS & NERFS
    1. Summoners in Trials can generate unlimited numbers of minion skeletons. Exploitable? Lag gets extreme. At least they do count towards the boss summon.
      ~ Reported by Adrian as FIXED. ~ ~
      ~
    2. Deadly Throw still doesn't trigger Life on Hit ... similar observation with Rapid Fire... comfirmation / details here and here and here.
      ~ v1.3.18 Rapid Fire appears to trigger LoH -- unconfirmed ~
      ~ No reports yet of anyone testing Deadly Throw ~

~
    3. Smoke Screen no longer reliably revives minions.
      ~ v1.3.18 ... SS seems to work better now with mobs but NOT bosses (intended?) ~
      ~
    4. Several enemies drop aura now, or 'immolate' when they die. I think the one that produces a green cloud is an area-healing on death (for enemies not for us; or perhaps it does work on hero & minions?). [Dev notes needed.]
      ~
    5. Huge problems with multiple Bounty Hunter 'spells' not working like they used to. Please read details in post at this link.
      ~
    6. The Arc Lightning speed buff stack for mage, is lost when switching specifically to Arcane Bolts. It seems to work OK for a couple of other attacks tested such as Frost Bolts or Fireball. Also, the buff stack seems to only fail at higher attack speeds, perhaps >6.0. Very strange bug. Test results here. Bug Report here.
      ~
    7. The Frenzy attack speed bonus doesn't carry over either.
      ~
    8. Mage's Arc Lightning and Warrior's Frenzy attack speed boost still not applying to other attacks, when normal AS is 6+. (v1.3.16)
    9. Similarly Blink / Mirror Clones do not get the attack speed boost from Arc Lightning. (v1.3.16) Here.
      ~
    10. I'm pretty sure there is a problem with the 'targeting' of BH utilities that shoot bullets (Rapid Fire, Scattershot, Sniper) when the hero is vertically above or below the enemy(ies). Prior to Act IV there are very few places where there are different heights. SoA in Act 1 and TCoM in Act 3 come to mind, with their stairs. However in Act IV there are a lot more ramps, hills, stairs. When the BH hero fires the bullets with these 'spells', they seem to only travel horizontally. If you are below the enemies you shoot the ground. Above enemies, you shoot the air.
      ~
    11. TBD lava pits seem closer in than they used to be. I remember being able to dodge the Firebreath's area stun pretty easily, without needing to worry about the pits. Now I seem to be stepping into them all the time.
      ~
    12. Elite Sisters have been buffed. They were a real problem before, and now it is ridiculous. Instead of hanging towards the back of the mob such that you could leave them behind, their AI is such that they walk right up to you and closely follow you. While you can temporarily freeze them, it's not long enough. Their "healing strength" is also stronger. Even in a moderately high trial (relative to hero level) if you encounter a pair of Elite sisters, you might as well quit because it is impossible to kill them or the elite enemies nearby that they heal. Even one Elite sister often ruins the level. There is no "skill or strategy" that works. You must Abandon and hope you get lucky next time.
      ~
    13. Check monster attack motion & attack speed. All monsters have fast attack speed and skill casting. Videos here

~~

MAIN SOURCES:

HERE -- "Act IV / Hometown Update - pics, vids, maps"
    ~
    HERE -- "Just finished act 4"

HERE and HERE -- "Skeleton Rush" and ~"Alone Against an Undead Horde"

HERE -- "Act 4 Beta Thoughts"

HERE -- "Beta final level"

HERE -- "New Beta Feedback"

HERE -- "Feedback & Bugs, v1.3.12"

HERE -- "Feedback & Bugs, v1.3.13"

HERE -- "Feedback & Bugs, v1.3.15"

HERE -- "Feedback & Bugs, v1.3.16"

MISC. SUGGESTIONS:

I tried to summarize all of them above, and include links. If any are missing, let me know & I'll at least paste the link here.

MISC. BUG REPORTS:

I tried to summarize all of them above, and include links. If any are missing, let me know & I'll at least paste the link here.

Out of Memory, v1.3.13 -- https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...-13#post114576

Differences between previous version and 1.3.13 beta version -- https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...ion#post114510

Killing Kara without killing mini bosses (bug with resume after interruption) -- https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...ses#post112825

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    WILL UPDATE AS NEEDED
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Last edited by Coda; 11-05-2018, 04:42 PM.
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381
    Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

For convenient reference:

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
    Hi all,

We've just made a beta build featuring the hometown and the 4th act in closed beta on Android. To join the closed beta you must join this Google+ community first:

https://plus.google.com/communities/...99834767100715

A more comprehensive release notes and known issues list is being compiled and will be posted on the forum. The important info:
    - level cap is not being increased
    - no nerfs (not intentional at least and hopefully not unintentional as well)
    - if you join the closed beta you cannot go back to the live version

Have fun and leave your feedback regarding this build on this thread.

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
    Release notes for 1.3.12 (closed beta):

Bug fixes:
    • Various crashes. -Fixed
    • Trial timer continues even after killing the trial boss. -Fixed
    • Characters are spawned with less than max life in hometown. -Fixed
    • Various typos. -Fixed
    • Ability/gear setup can be modified in hometown while doing a trial. -Fixed
    • Items keep trailing after your hero if your inventory is full, after ending a level. -Fixed
    • Finishing the last level and using the portal takes the player to the main menu, instead of home town, making it possible to lose loot. -Fixed
    • Auto-collection of loot after porting to town. -Fixed
    • Purchasing apple and potion stacks. -Fixed
    Visual fixes:
    • Map boundaries (going outside of the map, mobs outside of the map, etc.). -Fixed
    • Level placement on the world map. -Fixed
    • Fixed blank spots created by camera angle changes. -Fixed
    • Meta-game screen issues (overlapping, buttons, etc.). -Fixed
    Balancing:
    • Garm.
    • Alchemist Corrupter.
    • Aggro range for various encounters.
    Features:
    • Added an “abandon level” button.
    • Apple and potion stack size increased.

Build 1.3.15 rolled out in beta:
    - A larger hometown with more breathing space
    - Tutorial quests for crafting & jewelcrafting aimed at new players
    - Crash-fixes

...in reply to a request for information about version 1.3.16 ...

• Performance optimizations.
    • Updated NPC graphics.
    • Localization corrections.
    • Fixed GPG error messages.
    • Fixed a crash when stacking items while interacting with a vendor then changing the store page.
    • Fixed a crash when pressing the physical back button in the new hero screen.
    • Fixed town portal collision object.
    • Town gate marker is now correctly displayed in the middle of it.

We do use your well documented bugs to fix them, thank you for that. Keep reporting issues. We also prioritize fixing crashes, those are harder to fix and pose a greater risk. Non game-breaking issues are lower on that list. I know some of those issues are _more_ annoying than crashes but that's the way it is. They'll get fixed eventually. About the silence... I check the forum on a regular basis. For feedback and to find out how bad I'm performing as a game developer. I clench my teeth, note the issues then get back to work.

Yes, we went out to beta too soon with the hometown, maybe too soon for an alpha. We'll avoid this mistake next time.

...regarding v1.3.17 ...

... "fixed localizations, bug and crash fixes".

...v1.3.18...

... many thanks to everybody playing this prolonged beta and providing feedback. We won't be able to fix all of them before the final release next week, but we'll do our best to prioritize the most annoying issues.

I did a fix on the summoners in 1.3.18 (they shouldn't summon skeletons ad nauseam anymore). Please let me know if the issues are still present or you find new issues.

...v1.3.19

​​​​​​​1.3.19 hotfix build:
    - LBs fix, you will now show up in the LBs when one of your companions is Endar or Robin
    - Event hero will now be successfully deleted
    - Music in Act IV
    Last edited by Coda; 11-14-2018, 01:24 AM.
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

"UPCOMING CHANGES" -- worthy of reading again... re-posting in quote format for convenience:

Hometown
      ——————
      A cozy town where heroes can rest, craft, and start on new adventures. The hometown enables us to de-clutter the user interface, moving various features to the hometown NPCs. It will also serve as the central hub for quest givers once the quest system is introduced (see below).

Town Portal: heroes can navigate between their current level and the hometown using the town portal spell. The current level stays open until you start a new level, making it easier for players to explore and gather all the loot after completing the main quest in the level.

Increased inventory size. Decluttering the user interface gives us the opportunity to greatly increase the inventory space.

Act IV
      ————
      A whole new act continuing the story in Eternium. You will encounter two new species of monsters and two brand new challenging bosses.

And no, there will not be a level cap increase :>

Quest System
      ————————
      Heroes will now be able to discover the story and universe of Eternium by completing quests.
      This will be a proper quest system, including quest givers and a more varied set of goals and rewards. Quests are also a good way to enrich the story, an area in dire need of development.
      There will be an overarching main quest line guiding the heroes through the story of Eternium.
      We’ll also have side quests, and some of those will be repeatable on a daily basis.

Balancing Patch
      —————————
      We have a balancing patch under development aimed at increasing the play-style variety.
      • New set items & unique items for all hero classes
      • Underused abilities have been revamped or buffed up
      • New abilities for heroes
      • Existing set items have had their set bonuses buffed or changed to make them more desirable
      We’ll release a comprehensive change list before going in beta.

Crafting System
      —————————
      We have a new crafting system under development, based on recipes and crafting ingredients. You will be able to shard items you don’t plan to use into crafting materials and reagents, and use those to craft brand new items. You’ll also have greater agency in terms of choosing the final crafting result. Jewelcrafting will also be included into the new crafting system, and revamped to greatly reduce the grinding involved.

Hero Graphics Revamp & Cosmetic Items
      ——————————————————————
      We feel that the current hero graphics is a bit obsolete. To address that we are currently redoing their graphics to bring it up to date.
      On the same page we also want to give players a higher degree of cosmetic customization:
      • Customizing your hero looks (hairstyle / face / etc)
      • Purely cosmetic items, enabling users to customize how their gear looks like
      • Dyeing your items

Multiplayer
      ——————
      We still want to have multiplayer in Eternium: cooperative and PvP. Unfortunately we have diverted our efforts towards other, easier to reach, goals so far. But we’ll get back to it as soon as the new crafting system is released.

New hero class - Spirit Walker
      ————————————————
      The spirit walker will be developed probably in parallel with multiplayer and launched at about the same time. No particular details at the moment, we'll reveal more details as soon as we have an internal playable prototype.

Act V
      ———
      The level designers have already started producing levels for the fifth act.
      They have also re-done the not so good looking levels from the first three acts, we’ll released that polished content as soon as we get some breathing room.
      Last edited by Coda; 11-01-2018, 07:01 PM.
      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

I have finished putting everything I could find within reason, into the main post. If I missed something, please do reply with those details. This includes, if something has been fixed and not yet marked as fixed, say so, preferably with "evidence" from the game like screenshots & video.

The main post has been edited enough that it now triggers the spam warning and needs to get unlocked each time by Travis. I should've remembered about that, sorry. Nhat is shaking his head . So I won't make updates "continually" -- I'll make one about every day or two. In between, be sure to read below. I will reply with something like "updates above this point are in the main post".

I expect we won't have a lot of new stuff until the beta goes fully live onto iOS and PC, then we might get a flurry.

Version 1.3.17 just dropped earlier today (31-Oct) -- ooh, scary! ...Note...'17' is not live on PC.
        Last edited by Coda; 11-01-2018, 03:45 PM.
        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

lama75 thanks for posting your reply (since removed); those issues are now in the OP

Version 17 dropped. So far I've noticed:
          • FIXED:
            • New Consumable Trader, Ruby, image covers the items, you can still select them, so obviously not a big deal since most of us know what's there, but not new players...
              ~
          • MISSING, needs to be added:
            • Alarion is impolite. After you finish all his quests he refuses to talk to you at all.
          Last edited by Coda; 11-01-2018, 03:44 PM.
          VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

General:

8. IronBound reward-completion causes repeatable force-close. Numerous players reported this. The one that's causing it to the crash is getting the Legendary box at a rating of 200. Cannot be re-tested since "timer" expired.
            As far as I understand this, it was due to the "missing" cape for the reward - the box in the reward list itself was empty. Last time I did a "to level 10" test, v1.3.15, the reward showed the proper icon - couldn't confirm because it was on a local account, I'm not going to make another account to test this thing, sorry.

9. Glitches with text placement inside custom legendary box screen.
            Been fixed for a while now, maybe when it went to open beta 1.3.13, confirmed with 1.3.17 ss anyway, pictures are still an issue, but that's been on going ever since these were introduced...
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-01-10-01-16.png Views:	1 Size:	140.6 KB ID:	117187Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-01-10-02-05.png Views:	1 Size:	148.6 KB ID:	117188Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-01-10-01-10.png Views:	1 Size:	145.2 KB ID:	117189

18. Overlapping components with the new interface prevent convenient use of character sheet button, making the Training Grounds a frustration. Numerous posts about this including here. And here. And here. And here.
            Work-around-able by pressing the mobile's back button - so, yeah, not much of a frustration after finding that out; frustration about the fact that none of the devs even replied with this simple work-around, thus dragging out the "initial frustration"... (end rant, I'm slightly better now, I think...)

Edit, fixed in 1.3.17
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-01-22-43-28.png
Views:	1
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	117215

20. Event "War Supplies" on Sep 21 or Sep 22, did not start within beta versions when it was reported that it was supposed to. It did start eventually.
            Technically not an issue, it was a mis-communication with respect to when the event was to start.

HOMETOWN:

6. Crafting jewelry is extremely cumbersome. You cannot switch to your shared stash to sort jewelry. You have to exit back to the Town Square, enter your stash, then exit back again to the square to re-enter jewelry. You also cannot sell unwanted pieces. Again, you have to exit to the square, go to the Hoarder, sell, exit again, go back to the jeweler.
            You can access the Stash from the Jewelry menu, but can't sell - been that way for a while now...
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-01-10-02-37.png Views:	1 Size:	268.2 KB ID:	117191Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-01-10-02-42.png Views:	1 Size:	284.7 KB ID:	117190

ACT IV

19 and 21 can be put down to my mobile's very low spec - unless others noticed similar performance drop. I think Underworld is simply too big for my phone to handle.
            Last edited by Nhat; 11-01-2018, 11:50 AM.
            Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Name:	111738328.png
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	117225
              VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Training Grounds % stats do not seem to be working?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181101-104326.png Views:	1 Size:	193.3 KB ID:	117227
                ~
                Nhat has the "buttons in the way of each other" issue been fixed? On my device they are TINY but not interfering with each other.
                Last edited by Coda; 11-01-2018, 03:43 PM.
                VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Name:	Eternium_2018-11-01-11-16-13.jpg
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	117229

Looks like TG button issue is fixed.
                  CL 2K+
                  Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
                  TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

lama75 wow, my buttons are a LOT smaller. And the font size is so tiny! (device = Pixel3XL)

Yours:
                    Click image for larger versionName:	1229950741.pngViews:	1Size:	179.7 KBID:	117235
                    ~~~~~

Mine:
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181101-111903.png Views:	1 Size:	246.6 KB ID:	117231
                    Last edited by Coda; 11-01-2018, 07:01 PM.
                    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Referring to '17' ...

Originally posted by Wllly View Post
                      • (Consumable) Item seller does not hide items anymore.
                      • Jewel crafting: still does not have selling.
                      • Hunter: life on hit does not work properly yet.
                      • Mage: abnormal arcane bolt after using arc lightning is not fixed yet.
                      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Coda - that's pretty kooky, to be blunt.

Hard to believe the pixel3xl has such a radically different screen size that it would cause scaling issues like that. Unless the pixel density is that much greater? Looks like it would have to be about 2x maybe?

I'm on an S8... Just checked and s8 actually has slightly higher pixel density, so that's not it. Wonder what's going on there?
                        CL 2K+
                        Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
                        TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

The Training Grounds stats and buttons seems to follow some sort of scaling for display pixels (and maybe get increased if "too small") - notice on my phone that the stats and buttons are a lot bigger than that posted by Coda and lama75 (Samsung Galaxy J1, screen size 4.3" 480 x 800 resolution) - oh well, at least it doesn't cover anymore, I updated my previous post with the screenshot from 1.3.17

I've seen the Details stat not working every now and then as well - with previous versions too, I think it's related to how the displayed stats sometimes show "0"

Eternium Guides:

Comment

With v1.3.18 with BH it seems that
                            - Rapid Fire does cause LoH
                            - Minions may be reviving a bit better with Smoke Screen during mob phase, but not with bosses (?)

EDIT: they seem to revive OK with SS in the mob phase but pretty much never in the boss phase. Intended?

Wllly any opinions from the K-guild?
                            Last edited by Coda; 11-03-2018, 03:32 AM.
                            VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Arc Lightning AS boost also seems to have been fixed, tested with AS 6.69 => expects around 33.45 for a "5 count"
                              - Average of Frost Bolts: 32 (close enough)
                              - Average of Arc Lightning: 41 (more, 28% more)
                              - Average of Frost Bolts after AL: 39 (more than normal, slightly lower due to human error?)

Appreciate other confirmations, thanks.

Mirror clones still as before => fixed AS

Another change is that companions no longer show on the main menu.

And "left over graphics" have been fixed - Deadly Throw and Heatseekers confirmed.

Looks like we're finally in the "bugs squashing" stage...
                              Last edited by Nhat; 11-02-2018, 10:54 PM.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Working...
                              X