Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Gold and Farming. Class. Gear.

It was going to come up, so why not?

The notion of stacking +Extra Gold and having a dedicated suit or farmer is becoming more compelling in light of the Crafting system.

Choosing a class is the first step. Warrior loses immediately, due to lack of fast, spammable ranged AoE. This leaves us the Scatter Shot Assault BH, and a Arc Lightning based Apprentice Mage as the most likely options.

A strength of the BH is the ability to drop combat with Smokescreen, but I don't see much use for this in full clears of Story Mode. Its is conceivable someone will find some cool boss or chest you can run to, kill, drop combat, and loot/exit game, but I am not willing to farm 20 second runs. I've already got a second BH geared for +Experience, and I want something useful for my Mage to do, so I'm picking Mage. I don't think it will make a huge difference in the long run.

Typically I find hard-hitting Arc Lightning more useful for Story Mode farming than active skill use, so I don't think I'll emphasize Ability Rate. The Meteors from the Ironbound Cape won't be landing until I am three screens away. This means the Carnival Cape gets its day in the sun, as more Critical Rating will be actually usefull.

Jewelry... Extra Gold (9), CriticalDamage (9), Critical Rating (5), and Haste (4) sounds good. Some may question Haste (interchangeable with power), but it seems like getting the most Arc Lightnings out, as fast as I can, will be preferable. Make the most of any time I'm not running.

Diedre's... We're not worried about defense.

I'll probably add more in later posts. Discuss if you like.
    Last edited by Trouble; 12-20-2018, 04:34 AM.

I have a full set of gold farming equips (4 apprentice with 2 other non-set equips) which I use to farm for extra gold and gems. I use arc lightning for my runs. Haven't tried bounty hunter for this purpose though.
    ​​​
    YOCU REGO JASE 0953
    Sanctum

Ranked 17 on Active LB [Trial 119] CL2030
    Ranked 10 in ANB 4
    Ranked 13 in ANB 5 Bronze

Comment

A while back I built my 5th character as a gemstone miner, and then I put Extra Gold on almost all the gear
      • BH
      • Assault 4, Stalker 2, most with EG
      • MS on pants & boots plus FleetFooted passive
      • 2 farmed Hailstorms with EG
      • Carnaval Cape with EG (I have an I.Mantle with EG too, but don't use spells much, don't need AR)
      • Jewelry each with EG as P9
      • Very high AS / Haste when running Normal Difficulty. Normal AS when running Legendary or Trials
      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Most of my 25 M gold are by built wat recommended by coda..I used BH assault 4 stalker 2...now..tryin to use mage for a change..havent started yet though... well just for fun
        Attached Files
        warrior - DW Trial 110 -Matrempit -in O Dear..9:53- "Tough as Nail" work wonders - (PC only)

BH (Assault) -Trial 98 -6:47 (PC only with Gaming Mouse)

Comment

On your Extra Gold equips, do you guys get EXP and 2 other stats or go for 3 other (non-EXP) stats?
          YOCU REGO JASE 0953
          Sanctum

Ranked 10 in ANB 4

Comment

now let me think for a moment....sanctum its seems there are 3 type of build for any hero character...

1. Trial pusher (no exp)
            2. Exp purpose
            3. Gold purpose (exp on gear just extra attribute derive from the original gear that u have)

I have those three type of built in stock...thus my inventory considered "full house"...hehe
            Last edited by TheExorcist; 12-20-2018, 12:39 PM.
            warrior - DW Trial 110 -Matrempit -in O Dear..9:53- "Tough as Nail" work wonders - (PC only)

Comment

Originally posted by TheExorcist View Post
              now let me think for a moment....sanctum its seems there are 3 type of build for any hero character...

1. Trial pusher (no exp)
              2. Exp purpose
              3. Gold purpose (exp on gear just extra attribute derive from the original gear that u have)

I have those three type of built in stock...thus my inventory considered "full house"...hehe
              Okay thanks TheExorcist. I have the first two equips but just wondering if the +gold gears will be usable for farming lower lvl trials (for both exp and gold) if it has +exp attributes on them as well. But that will mean two stats off from the trial pushing gears which may end up causing much slower exp farming.
              YOCU REGO JASE 0953
              Sanctum

Ranked 10 in ANB 4

Comment

three separate gear for three separate purpose is the way to go..IMO..hard to throw one stone to kill 2 birds...

Comment

I agree with 3 separate sets of gear. I have 3 BH’s maxed so I don’t inundate my inventory. One has trial pushing gear, another has an XP set (for trials since story mode XP farming is insignificant compared to trials), and a pure gold farming BH (for story mode only since gold farming trials is insignificant). XP set is just under 800% non boosted, and close to 2400% boosted. Gold is 821% non boosted, and above 2400% boosted. Since I am farming purely for gold/gems/mats here, I do not need any extra dps/defense on my rings and went pure gold to eek out a bit more % to push me over 2400% boosted. This could be maxed even higher since my gold stat on regular gear is nowhere near perfect (did not want to waste resources here). I am sitting at 48mill gold, even with mastery pushing in beta (level 38 presently).
                  Last edited by Zudd; 12-20-2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctum View Post
                    On your Extra Gold equips, do you guys get EXP and 2 other stats or go for 3 other (non-EXP) stats?
                    I have separate XP grinder vs. gemstones/gold miner. The reason is, the best place for XP (Trial 97 to 102) is not good for gemstones. The best places for gemstones (TBD, SoA / Normal) you get so little XP it is not worth it to also put XP (& EG) on everything.

Now with crafting resources being a factor, I am running Legendary instead of Normal, for the better gear drops. But that's an assumption for now, until the data is gathered as to where it is best to farm crafting materials.

Gold is not yet a primary reason to make any of these decisions. Gemstones, and now crafting, is driving the decisions. I just put EG on everything because it was so OP I figured why not.

Comment

TheExorcist Yup haha, you're right. 3 different sets it is!

Zudd Wow, 48m gold?! Do you even need so much? Haha. Anyway, how did you get such high mastery level? What do you normally craft to get mastery EXP?

Coda You're right, I guess going for both EXP and gold doesn't seem like a very good idea. I am actually running lvl 80 trials for legendary equips (I can complete each trial - including killing Kara in less than 2 minutes). Not sure if this is better than the Legendary runs you're currently doing. Which map are you running Legendary on?
                      YOCU REGO JASE 0953
                      Sanctum

Ranked 10 in ANB 4

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
                        Warrior loses immediately, due to lack of fast, spammable ranged AoE. This leaves us the Scatter Shot Assault BH, and a Arc Lightning based Apprentice Mage as the most likely options.
                        I haven't searched the forum; has anyone gathered any data on Morgenheim and the Catacombs vs TBD for gold farming in closed beta (with the increased gold from chests...lots of chests in those maps)? If it turns out that one of those maps is better than TBD then I'm not sure if having a BH Is an advantage anymore since the mobs are so tightly packed and the map is so short. I'm thinking that a warrior could maybe hold her own on these maps but a mage might possibly be the ideal farmer here.

And on normal level would you need any other stats on your jewelry other than EG? I can one-shot mobs on normal level with pure EG jewellery
                        Last edited by Arawn; 12-20-2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctum View Post
                          [Which map are you running Legendary on?
                          We do not yet know where it is best to farm crafting gear, and this thread is about gold, so I don't want to hijack it. lama75 has a thread collecting data on crafting materials.

Briefly: he is running TL90 and you are running TL80. I hate Kara so I would run TL92 to 102, excluding 95 and 100, and I would run that with my XP grinder and a max XP booster. That way there's still a chance for a lucky gear drop and grinding XP too, so multi-tasking. At TLs <90 the gear won't be as good and the XP is lower, but of course >=TL80 it's all Legendary gear (for salvage to crafting mtls), and your times will be faster. Anyways, for gemstones & gold, I'm currently going back through testing: Morgenheim, Drakenmoor Catacombs (DC), TBD and SoA.
                          Last edited by Coda; 12-20-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Well, it's nice to come back and find healthy discussion and interest, as well as supporting experience and examples. I do like the idea of mitigating the loss of useful stats on gear by replacing what would normally be AR with EG on each piece. This should ensure I'm still overpowered enough to trivialize Story Mode and keep the runs moving fast.

Currently, I am filling inventories with Legendary drops for when we've transitioned to release of crafting on all platforms, hoping to hit the ground running with a good amount of mats.

This will allow me to assemble a +Extra Gold gear set as I farm, although I'll likely create one with selected stats for fun/crafting XP, post-patch. Once I actually see a day off from work, I do plan to gamble up and fuse the amulet and rings, as I've found the dev statement on maintaining the same stat values on jewelry encouraging. Maybe Sunday.

Comment

Coda I'm able to do T80 runs in less than 2 mins with full trial pushing gears. With my XP gears, it may take 3 mins or so. I'm just trying to get as many legendary gears and salvaging them to get materials to craft gears for higher mastery. Will probably use XP gears and run T80 and see the results (at least I can get some XP while farming for materials).

Trouble Since it's currently closed beta, once open beta is released, does it mean our crafting mastery will reset?

Edit: Tested T80 runs with XP gears, it takes about the same amount of time (could do it in 2 mins).

​​​​​
                              Last edited by Sanctum; 12-20-2018, 03:01 PM.
                              YOCU REGO JASE 0953
                              Sanctum

Ranked 10 in ANB 4

Comment

Working...
                              X