No announcement yet.

Extra Gold and Farming. Class. Gear.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally one if my deidre for warrior (opps!..only bound to that character b/c of celestial item)...has extra attribute...chain lightning...hehe
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 12-29-2018, 05:27 PM.
    warrior - DW Trial 108 -Matrempit -in O Dear...7:26- "Tough as Nail" work wonders - (PC only)

Comment

Decided to start doing boosted full clears of Morgenheim in groups of 20 runs per difficulty to compare drop rates, as datamining drop rates based on 30 minutes of runs isn't very useful (nor are some of the increasing claims of insane drop/gold rates being made). First round showed drops to be mostly the same, although Heroic ended up about 10% better overall. Using the same character/gear/spec for each test, emptying inventory, logging gold and mats, salvaging all gear drops, etc.

And yeah, I'm even tracking potions and apples.
      Last edited by Trouble; 01-04-2019, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Might I ask why you are saying that "insane" drops are being said and not believing it? I am making a post (hopefully tonight) about my runs of morgenheim and comparing them with Trial 90. The claims are imo, legit as I have reached similar numbers but on legendary which takes a bit longer.
        ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
        ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
        Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
          Might I ask why you are saying that "insane" drops are being said and not believing it? I am making a post (hopefully tonight) about my runs of Morgenheim and comparing them with Trial 90. The claims are imo, legit as I have reached similar numbers but on legendary which takes a bit longer.
          Yes, you're welcome to ask.

As soon as I see data which supports some of the claims I'm seeing, I'll be more inclined to believe them.

I'm quite interested to see what you've documented. I ran a half hour of comparison with trial 91 to see what crafting materials were coming out of the drops, and basically decided I'd run Morgenheim with my Mage for gold/gemstones/basic mats, alternating with my BH XP grinder doing t91 for CLs and Legendary drops to salvage for higher-end mats. But I'm also barely above CL 1500, I'm quite sure you can speed clear t91 quite well at your CL.

​​​​​​Last edit: I had half a booster going so I tried it a few times. I understand it now, and apologize for my cruel and hurtful words. Skipping the chests delivers a favorable gemstone/second ratio.
          Last edited by Trouble; 01-04-2019, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Ok, so for comparison purposes:

Morgenheim. Mage. 2303% Extra Gold (boosted). 15% increased gemstone drop rate from the War Supplies event. ML 32, 16%. Full clears, all chests, salvaging everything. Here is a per-run average over 60 runs. Difficulty level was 20 of each, with minor variances between them. In 400+ Morgenheim runs, I have yet to see a major swing in drops between difficulties which couldn't be explained as either lucky or losing streaks.
            Gold: 94,739
            Gems: .6
            EoE: 24.88/1.36/.03
            EoA: 38.35/1.78/.016
            EoW: 22.66/1.11/0
            EoF: 35.75/2.16/.05
            EoS: 35.6/1.83/.13
            Silk: 30.63
            Leather: 6.66
            Iron: 10.28
            SilverO: 22.26
            SilverD: .03
            SilverOrn: .31
            NightC: .36
            ELeather: .26
            Mithril: .33
            MoT: .13
            Spirits: .05
            Potion: 1.58
            Apple: 3.3
            Gemstones: 65.63

Playing Mage means Cloth armor drops, so other classes will see a different emphasis is their salvagable gear drops. I combined Spirits into one category, as they are very RNG and rare compared to every other salvage.

Tally sheet for anyone who wants to see it, ignore the extra "2".
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Log.PNG Views:	1 Size:	3.8 KB ID:	123235
            Last edited by Trouble; 01-04-2019, 05:21 AM.

Comment

I just remembered...in one of Led's vids a long time ago, he pointed out an extra gold armor set he had collected in the hopes that one day the devs would make gold useful

Comment

Was curious if running to more "end" chests was worth it. Popped a booster and tried out Darkhold Citadel. As it is more linear, and there were far less DoTs keeping me in combat, it was much easier to open a handful of the smaller chests along the way. Run times are pretty comparable to Morgenheim, although I suspect a system of stopping to burn down mobs in a limited number of tactically key locations could be worked out to reduce stops and improve run time. Overall, it looks like about 10-15% more gold vs Morgenheim, but half the drops and gemstones.

I doubt I'll do more testing on this place. I currently run out of gemstones and mats long before gold; this isn't the farm I am looking for.
                Last edited by Trouble; 01-05-2019, 07:44 PM.

Comment

How long does it take you to clear the Catacombs? Beginning to end, opening all chests, clicking all drop boxes

Comment

I'm still working on data to "prove" my hunch. But here's my hunch:

1) most regular players will transition from being gold starved, to needing gemstones, Essences and MoTs. Gold is not a long term issue. Especially if you build an "Extra Gold" character like described in this thread.

2) Gemstones will also remain an issue for a long while, but eventually you have enough of those too (except during ANB) because you've already made high end jewelry for all 5 characters. Therefore gemstones are also not a long term issue. And we're back to MoT and Essence.

That being said, it appears that you can get more gold per time, and gemstones per time, from killing most of the monsters (don't go backwards) while moving purposefully towards the end, skipping the middle chests unless right on top of them. Kill the last boss, open those chests. Repeat. Morgenstein 4-47

After that, the questions are,
                    • from where do the most Essences come from (4-47 or Trials)
                    • ditto, Marks of Titans (from salvaging Set/Unique items, so, high trials)
                    UmbraDei has some great data along these lines, but we are not quite there yet with "proof"

maybe Wllly KoreaGuild can share some data
                    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

While I've wasted some Greater essences making junk Legendaries, overall I estimate I've only collected enough of the 280 Greater Essences needed to make one Named Legendary. I have nearly 5X the needed Mark of the Titans from Salvaging Epic Set Gear and Named items.

With the crate it appears like MoT is intended to be a bind, but I suspect it will just be Essences that ultimately form the choke point.

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
                        I'm still working on data to "prove" my hunch. But here's my hunch:

1) most regular players will transition from being gold starved, to needing gemstones, Essences and MoTs. Gold is not a long term issue. Especially if you build an "Extra Gold" character like described in this thread.

2) Gemstones will also remain an issue for a long while, but eventually you have enough of those too (except during ANB) because you've already made high end jewelry for all 5 characters. Therefore gemstones are also not a long term issue. And we're back to MoT and Essence.

That being said, it appears that you can get more gold per time, and gemstones per time, from killing most of the monsters (don't go backwards) while moving purposefully towards the end, skipping the middle chests unless right on top of them. Kill the last boss, open those chests. Repeat. Morgenstein 4-47

After that, the questions are,
                        • from where do the most Essences come from (4-47 or Trials)
                        • ditto, Marks of Titans (from salvaging Set/Unique items, so, high trials)
                        UmbraDei has some great data along these lines, but we are not quite there yet with "proof"

maybe Wllly KoreaGuild can share some data
                        This is my situation, as you see the picture of my crafting resources. Maybe, not a lot of people know, material dropping rate has been decreased by approx 50%. One of the major issues is collecting the titan. My major source of the titan used to be the box behind the boss, but now I can barely see the titan from those boxes. But! It's kinds of ok because it takes more time to make orbs but eventually, we could make as much as we want in the end.
                        The biggest problem is unsellable crafting resources. I already got crafting lv 50 and don't need to make the whole bunch of items anymore. Sometimes, I still make some set items but I mostly spend around 10 millions of gold every day for the resources combination.

Comparing TL80 vs Morgenstein is not technically necessary, because only salvaging set and unique item gives titan, and the ratio is so much random.
                        Think about running every TL 80 in 50 second and collecting set and unique items. While you are collecting these items, you may have to give up collecting gold, gemstones and other crafting materials, also your hand gets really tired. Finally, you could collect a bag full of set and unique items in 30min - 1hour, but you may have 30 titans or 90 if you are super lucky(edited).

Therefore, my suggestion is maybe two options. One is running Morgenstein 3rd floor and open the boxes behind the boss with a full gold optioned assult set hunter. Second option is running TL90s with exp assult set hunter, at least you can get exp.
                        Last edited by Wllly; 01-09-2019, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wllly View Post

I already got crafting lv 50
                          What did you do to get to 50? Im 26 currently and dont want to burn too much gold\essences to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wbromfield View Post

What did you do to get to 50? Im 26 currently and dont want to burn too much gold\essences to get there.
                            Lvl5 uncommons or lvl14 uncommons, for 9 or 19 XP each

Comment

Originally posted by UmbraDei View Post

Lvl5 uncommons or lvl14 uncommons, for 9 or 19 XP each
                              Sorry, but I did not understand......

Comment

Originally posted by RMeru View Post
                                Sorry, but I did not understand......
                                Continue to craft normal uncommon pieces and set the gear level to 5 or 14 for 9xp and 19xp respectively. This requires very little resources but its a long and tedious process.
                                Last edited by NeoSamurai; 01-10-2019, 11:20 AM.
                                MADI QUWA GOYA 7388

Comment

Working...
                                X