Extra Gold and Farming. Class. Gear.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeoSamurai View Post

Continue to craft normal uncommon pieces and set the gear level to 5 or 14 for 9xp and 19xp respectively. This requires very little resources but its a long and tedious process.
    Okkkkk.... thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by UmbraDei View Post
      Lvl5 uncommons or lvl14 uncommons, for 9 or 19 XP each
      Hmmm...I now have >1,300 heavy caps in my inbox lol. Anyone know how to mass delete emails?

Comment

Originally posted by Arawn View Post

Hmmm...I now have >1,300 heavy caps in my inbox lol. Anyone know how to mass delete emails?
        to save resources and time you should salvage once your inventory is full. that way you may save like 50% of leather/cloth/iron bars and almost 100% of the essences.
        a neat trick: count the available inventory spaces. calculate how many essences will be used. e.g. you got 40 spaces and 1000 essences while using 2 for each piece: once you read 2/920 lesser essences, you stop and salvage.

Comment

Originally posted by duckel View Post
          to save resources and time you should salvage once your inventory is full. that way you may save like 50% of leather/cloth/iron bars and almost 100% of the essences.
          a neat trick: count the available inventory spaces. calculate how many essences will be used. e.g. you got 40 spaces and 1000 essences while using 2 for each piece: once you read 2/920 lesser essences, you stop and salvage.
          Ah! That makes sense!

Now I need to figure out how to get all these emails out of my inbox lol...

Comment

Originally posted by duckel View Post
            Thanks for the trick! That is much easier than counting 40 clicks on the CRAFT button! :-)

Comment

Nah, you're all doing it the hard way. Try this tested method.

Last edited by SoulGaming2; 01-10-2019, 07:05 PM.
              I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
              Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Originally posted by Arawn View Post

Ah! That makes sense!

Now I need to figure out how to get all these emails out of my inbox lol...
                You can still bring your stuffs manually from mail. I saw a guy who got more than 4000 mails and it did not allow him open the mail box.

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post

Thanks for the trick! That is much easier than counting 40 clicks on the CRAFT button! :-)
                  Clear Eterniums cached data.

Comment

So for the sake of argument, let's look at applying this to a possible future ANB.

I start by completing Story act 1, to unlock all three free companions. This typically puts me close to level 20. This would be a good place to fill a gear hole or two, make blue level 20 jewelry, weapons. I would craft very sparingly until hitting level 70, usually I make new purple jewelry sets at 40 and 60, wearing drops.

Somewhere between hitting 70 and trial 40, I'd look into crafting purple, non-set EG gear. Mostly P+H+EG, with Movement Speed and a couple LoH. This should be suitable for facerolling all of Story Mode (if there is an incentive), or just running to Morgenheim and blowing boosters to get gemstones and gold to make an all-teardrop Legendary XP jewelry set. Purple XP gear would be an inexpensive bandaid until a full set is obtained.

Once the XP set is made, pound trials to CL 1400+.

Farm as needed to finish the final "push" set. It should be realistic to think you could make 2-3 set or named pieces without extensive farming by this point. Custom Legendary boxes and the trial 80 Celestial, if they are being used to push the ladder, will most likely have been used for weapons and an Integralas, due to the higher damage and proc chances you receive with these reward items.

Enchantments would likely be reserved for the final gear set, although the LoH chest enchant may be helpful during XP farming trials.

This may not be the most optimal plan, but does this sound pretty realistic?

Comment

Originally posted by NoSuchReality View Post
                      While I've wasted some Greater essences making junk Legendaries, overall I estimate I've only collected enough of the 280 Greater Essences needed to make one Named Legendary. I have nearly 5X the needed Mark of the Titans from Salvaging Epic Set Gear and Named items.

With the crate it appears like MoT is intended to be a bind, but I suspect it will just be Essences that ultimately form the choke point.
                      You do realize you can upgrade Lesser Essences into Greater Essences, albeit at a 100:1 ratio and with a significant gold cost associated, rght?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post

You do realize you can upgrade Lesser Essences into Greater Essences, albeit at a 100:1 ratio and with a significant gold cost associated, rght?
                        Yes, I do. Even that though and I'm still slow on the essence earning.

I'm crafting level 32, and even making low-level gear to buff it, I only recover about 70% of the lesser essences (by eyeball). If I craft a low level Rare item, I get roughly 26 xp, and recover about 85-90% of the lesser essences, some recovered as essences and some as Greater Essences. However grinding the 1000+ salvage rares to gain a single crafting level burns up a pile or two of 2000-3000 lesser essence.

A Legendary Hailstorm takes 280 Greater Essences, 28,000 equivalent lesser essences. At 21LE per salvaged Rare and 3.8 per Salvage Green, We're talking an equivalent 1300 salvaged rare to make that Hailstorm, not counting MoT.

My last Morgenheim farming run with a 200% boost and basic gold gear for a 1574% extra gold, yielded 6 rares, 4 uncommon and bunch of commons. Basically 142 lessor essences. Luckly, closely aligned to the mix I need.

Only 196 more runs to go... for a single Hailstorm. (or any other Set piece). and 18 crafting levels...
                        Last edited by NoSuchReality; 01-17-2019, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X