Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Table of all crafting XP per level

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Table of all crafting XP per level

    Took quite some work, 2 days of writing down how much items I crafted between levels and some curve approximations in Excel, but I'm quite confident that the XP per level formula is an elegant quadratic one:

    Code:
    10x^2 + 50x
    I've tested this for lvls 1-5, 24, 26, 31-38 and it always matches.

    So there you go, this should be the table with XPs for every crafting level. Better get started ;-).

    Current lvl XP for next lvl Total cumulative XP
    1 60 60
    2 140 200
    3 240 440
    4 360 800
    5 500 1300
    6 660 1960
    7 840 2800
    8 1040 3840
    9 1260 5100
    10 1500 6600
    11 1760 8360
    12 2040 10400
    13 2340 12740
    14 2660 15400
    15 3000 18400
    16 3360 21760
    17 3740 25500
    18 4140 29640
    19 4560 34200
    20 5000 39200
    21 5460 44660
    22 5940 50600
    23 6440 57040
    24 6960 64000
    25 7500 71500
    26 8060 79560
    27 8640 88200
    28 9240 97440
    29 9860 107300
    30 10500 117800
    31 11160 128960
    32 11840 140800
    33 12540 153340
    34 13260 166600
    35 14000 180600
    36 14760 195360
    37 15540 210900
    38 16340 227240
    39 17160 244400
    40 18000 262400
    41 18860 281260
    42 19740 301000
    43 20640 321640
    44 21560 343200
    45 22500 365700
    46 23460 389160
    47 24440 413600
    48 25440 439040
    49 26460 465500

    #2
    Thanks! Knowing I need 17k level 14 uncommons to finish helps me plan my time effectively.

    Comment


      #3
      Great work Umbra!

      Comment


        #4
        Thanks a lot! It is 6,44k uncommons left... Damn, seems to be too much
        NAHi ViCU COTU 7388
        Mobile only SW Schrei

        Comment


          #5
          My data collection is in agreement with this.
          Nicely done.
          VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

          Comment


            #6
            100k to go for me!

            Comment


              #7
              UmbraDei Thanks mate!

              Edit: Hang on, I have a really dumb question--how were you able to get the formula from the values in the table?
              Last edited by Arawn; 01-05-2019, 02:56 AM.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Arawn View Post
                UmbraDei Thanks mate!

                Edit: Hang on, I have a really dumb question--how were you able to get the formula from the values in the table?

                i had a lot of approximate values in lvls 20-38, which were maybe 50-100 XP off due to counting errors and the perk where you can randomly get extra levels (and so extra XP). Using trendline fitting in Excel you can then check which trend works best and it turns out it was a quadratic one.

                The nice mathematical property of quadratic curves is that they are uniquely identified by 3 data points. So I started a new account with 0 crafting XP, wrote down *exactly* how much XP lvl 1-4 needed, and then calculated the corresponding formula. Checking that one back to earlier approximations of the lvl20+ numbers in some cases matched as close as 0.1%, so I'm highly confident it's correct.

                And also, the formula is elegant enough to be something a human developer would come up with.

                Comment


                  #9
                  (Don't you wish that you'd paid more attention in Algebra Class?) It can actually make something practical! :-)

                  I would guess that they used (X^2 + 5) as a base and then just tweaked the multiplier for effect.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    UmbraDei can you post the quadratic formula? I managed to come up with (50L^2 -10L +20) from the first 3 levels, but it gets increasingly off after Level 4.

                    10L^2 + 50L seems to be an accurate formula for XP needed for next level though.
                    Last edited by MarkHark; 03-29-2019, 02:41 PM.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
                      UmbraDei can you post the quadratic formula? I managed to come up with (50L^2 -10L +20) from the first 3 levels, but it gets increasingly off after Level 4.

                      10L^2 + 50L seems to be an accurate formula for XP needed for next level though.
                      Not sure what you mean, I already started my first post saying 10L^2+50L.

                      Not sure you have any difficulty in viewing the *code* tag encapsulating it?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        For some reason it wasn't showing previously. I can see the Code tag fine now. (was at work, now I'm home, could some kind of filtering policy be responsible for this?)

                        I assumed you were referring to the accumulated XP numbers, which I could not fit into a simple quadratic equation.
                        Last edited by MarkHark; 03-29-2019, 04:03 PM.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Ok i have been crafting what seems like a lot but my goodness I’m at level 18..... apparently I’m not doing something right!
                          please enlighten me on what I should be crafting to level up

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Ol-Pop View Post
                            Ok i have been crafting what seems like a lot but my goodness I’m at level 18..... apparently I’m not doing something right!
                            please enlighten me on what I should be crafting to level up
                            The more expensive crafts or enchantments will give you more XP. If you have lots and lots of essences to burn, just craft lots of level 70 rare-epic gear. Otherwise, green and blue low-level items are the most cost-efficient. If I remember correctly, you can craft a level 5 common for just one essence and one leather/cloth/iron, and you'll often get those back when salvaging, so it's very cheap, but also time-heavy as the XP gains are VERY small.
                            Last edited by MarkHark; 03-29-2019, 04:40 PM.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by UmbraDei View Post
                              I had a lot of approximate values in lvls 20-38, which were maybe 50-100 XP off due to counting errors and the perk where you can randomly get extra levels (and so extra XP). Using trendline fitting in Excel you can then check which trend works best and it turns out it was a quadratic one.

                              The nice mathematical property of quadratic curves is that they are uniquely identified by 3 data points. So I started a new account with 0 crafting XP, wrote down *exactly* how much XP lvl 1-4 needed, and then calculated the corresponding formula. Checking that one back to earlier approximations of the lvl20+ numbers in some cases matched as close as 0.1%, so I'm highly confident it's correct.

                              And also, the formula is elegant enough to be something a human developer would come up with.
                              Nicely done! I applaud the amount of data that you must have had to collect to uncover the underlying formula.

                              Given that the current "perks" for crafting mastery only go up to level 25, have you noticed if there is any benefit to push crafting mastery beyond that point?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X