RoTS is really THIS GOOD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoTS is really THIS GOOD!

So I made myself a RoTS but hesitated to use on anything since none of my weapons are really true endgame quality. But figured that balance patch could still be months away and I got quite a bit of material farming to do, I gave in and put it on the best gun I had.

Holy Mackerel, what a difference this made on my TL90 farming runs. Previously the very best I have done was 2mins. Mind you this is across probably close to 50 TL90 runs. Avg time is probably closer to 2mins 15secs. So today, I did my 14 runs (just enough to fill the inventory) after the enchantment. I keep setting personal bests.... The very best one was 1min 27secs! With most runs inside 2min mark.

Obviously PC will beat this mark rather easily, but this truly is impressive. Probably the best return on investment one can make as far as gearing/crating is concerned.

PS I use Eileen.
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Agreed. As much as I wanted the Ordinance enchant, I reasoned that if it is like the Havoc set bonus, it will be a slow missile which misses too often. Put RotS on both Hailstorms, and it is quite impressive (especially with an Assault build which already excels at downing groups quickly).

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
      Agreed. As much as I wanted the Ordinance enchant, I reasoned that if it is like the Havoc set bonus, it will be a slow missile which misses too often. Put RotS on both Hailstorms, and it is quite impressive (especially with an Assault build which already excels at downing groups quickly).
      My 2nd best gun only has a base damage of 1215 to 1518. Probably not worthy of the RoTS. But I can imagine the combined effect would be glorious.

While I’m at this. Might as well post this as a mobile challenge. Best TL90 clearing time.

beat my 1min 27sec mark
      GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

After all this datamining of farming spots I've been doing, I just made two each of RotS and Bombardment. Was thinking about doing some testing so I can see the difference with my own eyes.

My first assumption is Bombardment will be slow like the Havoc 2-piece proc, and will be of little use vs moving targets. To put it bluntly, Bombardment should be 5% more damage to a single target than RotS, but the question is overall reliability. I'd like to know for sure.

Is there anything you'd want to know, so I can track it? It's a bit expensive of a test, so I'd like to find out as much as I can in one shot. Already planning on looking at proc rate vs item description, damage per hit, single vs multi target. Both Stalker and Assault, Lethal Shot and Scatter Shot.
        Last edited by Trouble; 01-05-2019, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arionthe View Post
          So I made myself a RoTS but hesitated to use on anything since none of my weapons are really true endgame quality. But figured that balance patch could still be months away and I got quite a bit of material farming to do, I gave in and put it on the best gun I had.
          You did the right thing. You can always make another rune. Take advantage of what extra damge it can give you now than later.

Comment

After all this datamining of farming spots I've been doing, I just made two each of RotS and Bombardment. Was thinking about doing some testing so I can see the difference with my own eyes.

My first assumption is Bombardment will be slow like the Havoc 2-piece proc, and will be of little use vs moving targets. To put it bluntly, Bombardment should be 5% more damage to a single target than RotS, but the question is overall reliability. I'd like to know for sure.

Is there anything you'd want to know, so I can track it? It's a bit expensive of a test, so I'd like to find out as much as I can in one shot. Already planning on looking at proc rate vs item description, damage per hit, single vs multi target. Both Stalker and Assault, Lethal Shot and Scatter Shot.
            Thanks for offering to do the tests. This can save a lot of farming time for people.

For bombardment, if it works like havoc missile proc, I imagine long distance sniping will not be the optimal way to utilize it. Perhaps if you are literally surrounded by mobs, ie super upclose mobile assault tanking style, you can mitigate some of its issues (slow missile travel). AoE is also a concern. The effective AoE for RotS is actually quite usable as the arcs jump like AL. I figure that bombardment AoE will be small, perhaps same size as non level 10 firebolt. That means vortex'd tight pack will maximize its damage. Sometimes my attack sequence goes like vortex, rf, snipe, ss, rf again all in quick sequence. This generally means the pack is still tightly packed together with ss lengthening the vortex effective time. bombardment should shine in this particular situation. There are reports saying that each RF will 100% trigger a RotS. I'm not sure that's what I'm actually seeing. But could be useful to check if a RF will 100% trigger a lower % bombardment.

Snipe Proc gets 4x damage boost if triggered by RF. However this bug/feature doesn't seem to affect RotS. Would be good to know if bombardment proc gets the RF 4x benefit or just the RF stated damage boost.

That's all I have off the top of my head. Obviously the goal is to find the ideal combat situation to maximize the utility of bombardment proc. Suffice to say that RotS is far more forgiving in terms of how it can be used. That in itself usually tips the scale. Which should make an argument for bombardment to be further buff'd. Something like 1800% instead etc.
            GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Originally posted by Altheo 42 View Post

You did the right thing. You can always make another rune. Take advantage of what extra damge it can give you now than later.
              definitely not regretting using the one I had.
              GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

It seemed more appropriate for the Players Helping Players forum. Data from yesterday's testing is here: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...-bh-datamining

Also did a couple side tests. I'd previously asserted that putting Lethal Shot on your 1-attack, so Rapid Fire would use it as a default, did more damage than using Scatter Shot with Rapid Fire. Wearing Assault, versus a single target, it did do slightly more damage (10%), but was much worse vs 2+ targets. Stalker players should probably keep doing this, but Assault players should not. Scatter Shot is/seems just plain better for everything in Assault gear, even against a single target.
                Last edited by Trouble; 01-08-2019, 07:29 PM.

Comment

It seemed more appropriate for the Players Helping Players forum. Data from yesterday's testing is here: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...-bh-datamining

Also did a couple side tests. I'd previously asserted that putting Lethal Shot on your 1-attack, so Rapid Fire would use it as a default, did more damage than using Scatter Shot with Rapid Fire. Wearing Assault, versus a single target, it did do slightly more damage (10%), but was much worse vs 2+ targets. Stalker players should probably keep doing this, but Assault players should not. Scatter Shot is/seems just plain better for everything in Assault gear, even against a single target.
                  Yep.. there is only one attack for assault setup... scattershot for everything, even folding laundry.
                  Thanks for the datamining... I have yet to make sense of them all.
                  GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Dang, and I was taking time away from Eternium to fold my own! :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X