Top Mage Build Analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dynaflex View Post
    I like how this started as an analysis of the top mage and how to hopefully copy what he is doing or even improving it. Then it became a Q&A for mages
    I tried to steer it back a little by applying the lessons from the post to a couple of the questions. But these things take on a life of their own. It's all good.
    CL 2K+
    Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
    TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

Still, I decided to take a break from the forum for a while. But finally, I would like to add something else. Perhaps this will somehow help you and other testers in the future. This is not entirely relevant to this topic, but rather to https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...ppose-to-stack. I also decided to check the data from the training ground, which I never did except checking Rots. To say that I was surprised - to say nothing. I do not know how right I am, but now I am sure that not all the data from the training area correspond to the real ones. At least with regards to attack speed. This case finally convinced me that in addition to calculations, you need to "feel" the game. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that on trials the attack speed behaves quite differently. And here I trust my feelings more than the numbers from training.
      Mage. Just a mage.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekromant View Post
        This case finally convinced me that in addition to calculations, you need to "feel" the game. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that on trials the attack speed behaves quite differently. And here I trust my feelings more than the numbers from training.
        I feel a very strong urge to go out and get a new phone dedicated to Eternium. The dream of eternity continues with a successful patch . It took them a while, but when they got moving they rolled it out in a zippy. I can't wait to see the balance patch to exploit for a new mage build .

On the trial note, your finish time is determed the moment your trial maps are loaded. On that perfect ping trip when all elites line up right to the beast, you wanna make sure you have enough VIT not to explode into expletives. It's a VIT game right now, I am getting tired of this glasscannon build.

Been toying with a warrior build for a while, and now I wanna see what they will do for warrior class who has been a second thought to them. (Charge spamming as a faster means to maneuvering around the map, I own some serious aSS. The gameplay is more relaxing. I enjoy it more.)

I love the new character design graphics for warriors. But I really wanna see a beefier mage build through ability exploits. Who knows? Maybe they will give us something for each class. Maybe they will give us none. I only know that they need to balance the **** out of currently-existing skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekromant View Post
          This case finally convinced me that in addition to calculations, you need to "feel" the game. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that on trials the attack speed behaves quite differently. And here I trust my feelings more than the numbers from training.
          First, apologies lama75 for hi jacking the post although we are showing how we build our mages.

Anyhow, I will agree with this. Sometimes your timings are correct, every sidestep is in sync with the release of projectiles and you dodge real good. There are times you don't feel like it and you got 1 hit while farming on lower trials.

I don't say to abandon the math, that is essential so you can play your hero at its best, at your gear and stats max potential. But the most important thing is the fun, the feelings. That allows you to exceed your heroes full potential. Otherwise, this game wouldn't be made by making fun.

I don't play this game to beat others in trial (although I compete with my friends, so far I'm winning). I play this game because I was born on an era where RPG is at its hype. And so I find it fun.

ZIHA BIWA CUNI 5866 (mobile)
          Carlisle (M) TL 104 ¦ Ratot (BH) TL 101
          CL1K+

Comment

Originally posted by Altheo 42 View Post

First, apologies lama75 for hi jacking the post although we are showing how we build our mages.

Anyhow, I will agree with this. Sometimes your timings are correct, every sidestep is in sync with the release of projectiles and you dodge real good. There are times you don't feel like it and you got 1 hit while farming on lower trials.

I don't say to abandon the math, that is essential so you can play your hero at its best, at your gear and stats max potential. But the most important thing is the fun, the feelings. That allows you to exceed your heroes full potential. Otherwise, this game wouldn't be made by making fun.

I don't play this game to beat others in trial (although I compete with my friends, so far I'm winning). I play this game because I was born on an era where RPG is at its hype. And so I find it fun.
            to be fair, there is one map which one hits my mage in every contact.

Comment

Working...
            X