what's the matter with that one map?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's the matter with that one map?

there is a trial map where my mage gets one-hit on every contact (if on the max trial level) it is some bushy-grassy map. if i don't avoid every physical contact I immediately die. I don't have the issue in other settings. it that on purpose?

Could you please help by identifying the level? (Physical configuration of the scenery will change on subsequent runs of some levels.)

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
      Could you please help by identifying the level? (Physical configuration of the scenery will change on subsequent runs of some levels.)
      it looks like this. usually I can tank a few attacks of the big guys. but on this map every contact means death.

Comment

Originally posted by duckel View Post

it looks like this. usually I can tank a few attacks of the big guys. but on this map every contact means death.
        that's an elite mobs... see the arrow on the ground? that's a multishot attack... avoid it or die if you don't have enough toughness to survive it...
        GEPU GANA HEPO 9200
        --------------------------------------
        See my endgame heroes build...
        How to make an XP jewelry video... (TUTORIAL)
        New crafting system video and how to use it... (TUTORIAL)
        How to optimize your Champion Points... (TUTORIAL)
        My YouTube Eternium channel...

Comment

Originally posted by FendyBt2 View Post

that's an elite mobs... see the arrow on the ground? that's a multishot attack... avoid it or die if you don't have enough toughness to survive it...
          is that the only map with elite mobs? all other maps don't have that problem.

Comment

Higher TL will have more elites... so be prepared... LOL...
            Last edited by FendyBt2; 01-13-2019, 01:17 AM. Reason: fixed typo...
            GEPU GANA HEPO 9200
            --------------------------------------
            See my endgame heroes build...
            How to make an XP jewelry video... (TUTORIAL)
            New crafting system video and how to use it... (TUTORIAL)
            How to optimize your Champion Points... (TUTORIAL)
            My YouTube Eternium channel...

Comment

Me,too. I died many times under this elite mobs attack. You need more Vitality or run when you see the mark

Comment

Originally posted by FendyBt2 View Post

Higher TL will have more eiltes... so be prepared... LOL...
                Do you have any proof of this?
                I don't think it's true...
                ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

To address the original post :

The environment (cave, desert, forest, snow, meadow ... I don't actually know all the proper names ... probably left out one or two) does not affect at all, the strength of the monsters or the boss. Not their attack/damage, nor their life/HP, etc.

In some trial levels, the environment is fixed ... it's always the same. But in most trial levels, the environment is randomly selected.

Each trial is also randomly generated as far as the shape, the borders, the interior obstacles, etc. There are some common themes ... the dead ends that are shaped a bit like duck heads, for example, or "ring" maps that have an interior "hole", as another example.

Each trial is then populated with a number of monsters which is approximately 250 total, with a random proportion of Elite vs. Normal monsters, and a random number of the various types of monsters. Not all monster types from Story Mode, can show up in a trial. In fact, it's a fairly small subset. There is an "overall average" proportion of Elites but it varies. Sometimes you get less, sometimes more.

It takes 200 kills to summon a boss, so that why I mention about 250 total, because there are always more than 200, and after the boss, you can go around and find the remaining ones you missed if you want to.

The Elite monsters do have a powerful attack as you might guess. I forget the scale factor but it is something like 5X attack and 3X HP. Again, I forget the exact scaling so those numbers are likely not quite right.

Even some normal monsters, those that have special attacks, like the one in the picture you posted, can one-shot you depending on your build. You will see red arrow(s) on the ground and that is your cue to move to a different spot!
                  VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
                    To address the original post :

The environment (cave, desert, forest, snow, meadow ... I don't actually know all the proper names ... probably left out one or two) does not affect at all, the strength of the monsters or the boss. Not their attack/damage, nor their life/HP, etc.

In some trial levels, the environment is fixed ... it's always the same. But in most trial levels, the environment is randomly selected.

Each trial is also randomly generated as far as the shape, the borders, the interior obstacles, etc. There are some common themes ... the dead ends that are shaped a bit like duck heads, for example, or "ring" maps that have an interior "hole", as another example.

Each trial is then populated with a number of monsters which is approximately 250 total, with a random proportion of Elite vs. Normal monsters, and a random number of the various types of monsters. Not all monster types from Story Mode, can show up in a trial. In fact, it's a fairly small subset. There is an "overall average" proportion of Elites but it varies. Sometimes you get less, sometimes more.

It takes 200 kills to summon a boss, so that why I mention about 250 total, because there are always more than 200, and after the boss, you can go around and find the remaining ones you missed if you want to.

The Elite monsters do have a powerful attack as you might guess. I forget the scale factor but it is something like 5X attack and 3X HP. Again, I forget the exact scaling so those numbers are likely not quite right.

Even some normal monsters, those that have special attacks, like the one in the picture you posted, can one-shot you depending on your build. You will see red arrow(s) on the ground and that is your cue to move to a different spot!
                    I get it about the elite mobs. but the screenshot is only related to the map, the multishot guy is just coincidence. in fact I get an insta-1hit from guys without arrows as soon as they reach my char. on other maps I don't have a problem to survive a few hits no matter the mob. however, this map means insta-death on every contact.

Comment

If I had to guess it's the scenery causing you to over look special attacks markers.
                      i have problems on few levels because I miss the warnings.

Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
                      Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
                      see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
                      and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
                      It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

I get it about the elite mobs. but the screenshot is only related to the map, the multishot guy is just coincidence. in fact I get an insta-1hit from guys without arrows as soon as they reach my char. on other maps I don't have a problem to survive a few hits no matter the mob. however, this map means insta-death on every contact.
                        Melees do pretty heavy damage, you want to either avoid them as much as possible(change your playstyle a bit) or increase your toughness a little(so that you don't die with your current playstyle). I'd recommend you take a video and watch it. it's easier to spot mistakes(attacks you didn't notice while playing).
                        MULU FIGU DUFE 7374

Comment

One of the environments is relatively new, having been issued along with Act IV over the summer & fall. That one, is a forest. It has overhanging branches that obscure one's view of the ground. It's a tough environment for that reason. It's not that the monsters are different. It's that you can't see that you're about to get toasted.
                          VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Working...
                          X