Mastery level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buppy View Post
    Just checked a L70 epic item, unlocked Legendary on the 5th try. Level definitely seems to be a factor. It's not efficient from a cost perspective, even if it only took 1 try, but could save thousands of clicks/taps.

@Wolf86PL makes an excellent point too. C-Orbs (and enchantments you're going to use) are something you're going to want to make anyway, so the cost is meaningless. ML doesn't impact their quality, so may as well take advantage of the experience.
    True, gear you will use isn't wasted however, a C.Orb takes 150 spirits. Each spirit takes 2 Greater Essences. So that's 300 G. Essences = 30,000 Lesser Essences. Each level 14 uncommon takes 2 lesser essences and provides 19XP. That's 285,000 XP, with about 80% of essences coming back for a used Essences of about 6000 LE or wasting enough to make 30 of the 150 spirits you need. That's enough experience to move you from mastery level 30 to ML 40 verus somewhere between half to one level. S​​​lightly more gold though at 1.89 million versus 1.475 million.

The other enchantments appear just as bad from a grind standpoint. Cost of your time or sanity to do those 30000+ tap/mouse clicks will vary...
    Last edited by NoSuchReality; 01-24-2019, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buppy View Post
      After a bit of research: any normal armor, level 14 uncommon and level 19 rare are the optimal choices for cheapest leveling.

14 Uncommon is 19 exp, costs 2 lesser essences, 2 base materials (leather, iron, silk), and 126 gold. From salvage, you should recover most of the essences and bit over half the base materials (the higher your ML, the more you should salvage, though I didn't measure any appreciable difference from ML 21 to 29). I seemed to get the best salvage results from using Armor as the stat, though my testing wasn't comprehensive so your mileage may vary.

19 Rare is 37 exp for 8 lesser essences, 4 mats, and 435 gold. Salvage yields a little more than 1 mat, but with essences (at least by ML 20+) you sometimes get lucky and recover regular essences and even the rare greater, upshot of that being that over the course of 700 combines I actually earned back 545 more lesser essences than I put in. That was with salvaging 7 greater essences, but even without that it's still a very good return. (Unfortunately, all those combines were done with capes, before I realized that normal armor gives back a lot more base mats.) So all told relative to 14UC, it's about twice the experience (so a lot fewer clicks), essence cost similar to much better (depending on your luck, possibly ML, and possible future dev tweaking of salvage returns), about 3 times the base material cost, and 3 1/2 times the gold.
      Thank you so much for this guide just reach MS 50

Comment

I just blew through 4+million gold crafting lvl 70 rares and only got to level 23. Is there a better way to level using lesser gold?

Comment

kimoralii like mangojack said, Craft rare level 20 gear. Use the 2 essences you want to replenish as you'll get back more than you use. Much much cheaper than crafting L70 legendary gear. It may take a little longer but won't break the bank.
          Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
          (CL 2000+)
          Ravenstar - BH (Stalker)
          Magenta - Mage (Arc)
          Greystone - BH (Aslt, Au miner)
          Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, XP miner)
          Rageon - Warrior (Def/Jugg/Warlord)

Comment

• kimoralii
            kimoralii commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks RockDoc!

It's been a year since the original post and this appears still relevant. The biggest point being that Master Crafter matters even to 70th level players.

lol @ Doc, "a little longer", the Captain of Understatements. I went from Mastery 10 through 28 using the "19/rare" system, I burned just under a million gold... if you have the patience to do the 14/rare, more power to you. I would smash the phone against the wall after a couple hours and MakingFun staff would need bodyguards at the next trade show. (you know how crazy people make their psychotic behaviour everyone else's fault) :-)

But - even the 19/rare technique is a chore and not much fun... not as much a chore as the 14, but still... it's still over 1600 times spamming that craft button, and assuming you cleaned out your inventory to use all 56 slots for crafting, that's ~33 full build/salvage cycles, it took over an hour, but that's including the really tedious crap when you get click-happy and it all goes to your mailbox -- really try to prevent that as the housecleaning takes forever -- But you use a lot less 'good' resources regardless how much you recoup from the Scrapper perk (% chance of double salvage is half your Mastery level), and clearly much less gold compared to kimoralii's question last week.

I don't know if I have the patience to keep going, all things considered. I think I'd rather just play the game. AND I think I'm wearing a hole in the digitizer and where the craft button is won't be sensing touches much longer. From 30th to 40th is going to take 4x-6x as long, and from 40th to 50th using this method will take an order of magnitude, estimated over fifty thousand... that can't be right, can it!?!? I need to farm gold... lots of gold...

(as an example, since most want to make it to Mastery 25 to start, going from 24-25, a full 56 inventory will give you 3 xp tic marks before you need to salvage, doing 19/rare, so 3 full dumps plus about 2 rows, and about 84k gold. Then from 25-26, each inventory of 56 gets you 2.80 xp tics worth, 3 full plus 4 rows and about 90k gold, Mastery 26-27 is 2.60 xp tics per inventory fill, about 3 full plus 6 rows and 96k gold, etc. It's not linear, it just appears so because it's such a small sample size.)

I don't know where the next efficiency build point is. I know you'll get +98 for staying 19 but switching up to epic, using 2.5x gold but gain 2.65x exp, although you go from 4 lesser to 2 essence. (and converting 20 lesser to 2 essence costs 200 gold, which technically should count, even if you have thousands to spare). I did that a few dozen times going from 27-28, but I didn't want to waste a ton of resources, so I stopped and came back here to look.

The process is still painful. I wasdoing it absent-mindedly while watching Hulu, but honestly this might be solely for the end-game player who's already gotten every star from going through each story mode 5x per difficulty and only looks forward to getting just one more Trial level, where just a few more points on crafting whatever gear is the difference between 800th place and 500th place.

I don't think I'm that kind of gamer. :-)
          ---
          PS: Someone who's already calculated the enchantment/rune/celestial Mastery experience and how that applies to the higher levels, please share? Ergo, if we know how much per build, then how much mastery xp does it take to go from 47 to 48? et cetera. NSR hit on it, but no specifics.

Comment

Tiny Juggernaut so you think I'm "the Captain of Understatement". I guess that means that you think when I say something I'm not just blowing smoke?!
            I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you! I try to stick with facts and not exaggerate when giving advice and making suggestions on the forum, but try present it in an encouraging way.
            I must admit that in the past I have posted more 'emotion-based' rants and less 'fact-based' understatements on some things that have happened with the game. However, I try to not do that when offering suggestions or advice to other players.
            I can see from your comments that you are already learning some of the nuances of the game. I hope you enjoy your journey through Eternium because it will be fun and challenging.
            Last edited by RockDoc; 01-19-2020, 02:56 AM.
            Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
            (CL 2000+)
            Ravenstar - BH (Stalker)
            Magenta - Mage (Arc)
            Greystone - BH (Aslt, Au miner)
            Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, XP miner)
            Rageon - Warrior (Def/Jugg/Warlord)

Comment

dude! props where due! you, Tin, Wispy, and Nhat have been my required reading for the last week... if I'm quiet all weekend it means I'm putting those statistics into practice!

Comment

Working...
              X