No announcement yet.

Drop rate MoTs (.34)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it's worth, here's my personal approach.
    1. Run a certain trial level of your choice. I am running 92.
    2. Keep track of Set/Unique vs. Normal. Don't salvage any until you get a bunch. Determine % S/U vs. N
    3. Screenshot #1 of crafti resource inventory "before".
    4. Salvage all the Normals.
    5. Screenshot #2 of resources
    6. Salvage all the Set/Unique
    7. Screenshot #3
    8. Determine Essences ... this salvage rate has been shown to be "the same" for both types so a combined total is fine.
    9. Determine MoTs. Obviously you get zero from Normal; they all come from Set/Unique.
    Because of 8 & 9, you could simplify this and skip screenshot #2. Simply salvage all of them together.

Report:
    • Total # Legendaries
    • % Set/Unique
    • Essences per Legendary
    • MoTs per Set/Unique
    Don't forget to report Trial level, Mastery Level, etc.

There are a bunch of other things you can optionally report (time, gemstones, gold, other resources, etc. etc.)
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post

No, not sure. Good point.
      Thanks! Even more disturbing, based on item stat rolls, is the salvage for MoT may not just be a 1-2 or 0-1-2, but could involve decimals. As an example, salvaging an item could produce a 1.51 result which the game rounds to 2, or doubles and rounds down to 3. A proc alert (SALVAGE DOUBLED!) In the salvage results log would help.

I've got the next few days off work, I'll try manually salvaging and look for 3 MoT results.

Comment

I've been a bit busy, so apologies this isn't any dedicated post, but just want to complement Coda 's post with some prelimimary data:

I salvaged 48 set items one by one in 1.3.31 a bit more than a week ago and just finished another 48 one by one in 1.3.34, noting down every salvage result from each item.

Current conclusions I can state with a high level of confidence from my observations (without any super deep statistics):
        • Double salvage procs apply across the board. Makes it easy to track, since every number is higher than expected and there are no odd numbers anywhere.
        • Legendary set items drops yield 6-18 lesser essence per stat, 0-2 essence per stat, 0-1 greater essence per stat, 1-6 normal materials, 0-2 Mark of Titan, and 0-2 special/enhanced material
        • These ranges all double at the same time on a double salvage proc
        • The number of MoT received in the first batch (1.3.31) averaged 1.0625 with standard deviation 0.6967
        • The number of MoT received in the second batch averaged 0.9583 with standard deviation 0.6510
        • There were 22 times 2 MoT, 53 times 1, and 21 times none

​​​​​​All this makes me suspect the MoT procs are probably pretty much normally distributed and rounded to 0-2, and then the result is doubled 25% of the time. But procs of 3 MoT from a single item probably don't exist. Haven't seen one anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post

That's not quite right. One needs to compare salvage rates at equal ML level, or, do the math to normalize between two that are dissimilar.

However, the drop rate of Set/Unique items is independent of Mastery Level and as far as we know only depends on Trial Level.

This is why I have been keeping track of drop rate and using UmbraDei data on average salvage rate (for Essences) ... because it removes at least one variable. Again, he/she did not post data on MoT salvage rates from Set/Unique items, only Essences, but the same concept applies.
          Yes my bad I meant salvage rate

Comment

Originally posted by UmbraDei View Post
            I've been a bit busy, so apologies this isn't any dedicated post, but just want to complement Coda 's post with some prelimimary data:

I salvaged 48 set items one by one in 1.3.31 a bit more than a week ago and just finished another 48 one by one in 1.3.34, noting down every salvage result from each item.

Current conclusions I can state with a high level of confidence from my observations (without any super deep statistics):
            • Double salvage procs apply across the board. Makes it easy to track, since every number is higher than expected and there are no odd numbers anywhere.
            • Legendary set items drops yield 6-18 lesser essence per stat, 0-2 essence per stat, 0-1 greater essence per stat, 1-6 normal materials, 0-2 Mark of Titan, and 0-2 special/enhanced material
            • These ranges all double at the same time on a double salvage proc
            • The number of MoT received in the first batch (1.3.31) averaged 1.0625 with standard deviation 0.6967
            • The number of MoT received in the second batch averaged 0.9583 with standard deviation 0.6510
            • There were 22 times 2 MoT, 53 times 1, and 21 times none

​​​​​​All this makes me suspect the MoT procs are probably pretty much normally distributed and rounded to 0-2, and then the result is doubled 25% of the time. But procs of 3 MoT from a single item probably don't exist. Haven't seen one anyway.
            Are you saying the double salvage perk works as in per item or if you salvage 40 at a time then you have a chance to double all 40?

Comment

Originally posted by andrewcb88 View Post

Are you saying the double salvage perk works as in per item or if you salvage 40 at a time then you have a chance to double all 40?
              It's a per item chance of doubling all salvage yield. So if you salvage 40 items at once you expect to receive (on average) the yield of about 50 items worth at max lvl Mastery (25% chance).

Comment

Originally posted by UmbraDei View Post

It's a per item chance of doubling all salvage yield. So if you salvage 40 items at once you expect to receive (on average) the yield of about 50 items worth at max lvl Mastery (25% chance).
                Ok thanks. I got 50 legendaries from 98 trial I am about to do. over half are set/named items

Comment

I did a quick review of the other salvage discussions, so if I missed it I apologize, but has anybody looked at MoT salvage rate and set/named drop rates at lower levels?

I'm still pre-end game having just clear TL85. All the TL80+ take me a good 6-8 minutes to clear which makes them sub-optimal for MoT farming. However, I can use my newer Mage, Level 70, benefiting from CL667 like my bH, and even though they're only TL50ish with mostly Epic gear, speed run lower TL's in 1 minute at TL10, and seems off of a fairly small data set that I get about a 20% drop rate of Rare Set items.

At TL10, they're level 70 Rare Set gear. I haven't tried higher yet, was just roughing in some number, but as I move up from TL10, Epic occasionally drop.

My question, how does the MoT salvage rate compare between Rare, Epic and Legendary Set items? The Essences we know the curve, but MoT data all seems to be based off of Legendary. Did I miss it?

Thanks
                  Last edited by NoSuchReality; 01-23-2019, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSuchReality View Post
                    I did a quick review of the other salvage discussions, so if I missed it I apologize, but has anybody looked at MoT salvage rate and set/named drop rates at lower levels?

I'm still pre-end game having just clear TL85. All the TL80+ take me a good 6-8 minutes to clear which makes them sub-optimal for MoT farming. However, I can use my newer Mage, Level 70, benefiting from CL667 like my bH, and even though they're only TL50ish with mostly Epic gear, speed run lower TL's in 1 minute at TL10, and seems off of a fairly small data set that I get about a 20% drop rate of Rare Set items.

At TL10, they're level 70 Rare Set gear. I haven't tried higher yet, was just roughing in some number, but as I move up from TL10, Epic occasionally drop.

My question, how does the MoT salvage rate compare between Rare, Epic and Legendary Set items? The Essences we know the curve, but MoT data all seems to be based off of Legendary. Did I miss it?

Thanks
                    It's because if we can choose (and high level trials go fast enough) most players prefer just running those and salvaging the legendaries, so there's simply more data being collected.

I do have records of 52 Purple set+uniques, yielding me 28 MoT, which would be 0.54 a piece on average, with about the same standard deviation of 0.6ish we see with legendaries.

That makes me (pure gut feel guess) estimate the drop rates are fixed to half of those of legendaries.

Comment

Thanks, I'd rather farm legendaries too just not quite there on firepower yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X