Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class Balance

Hello everyone,

I just started the game and played every character to level 40.
    My personal observation to this low level point is, that BH is the fastest, followed by mage in terms of clearspeed. The warrior is a bit slower but feels very tanky and does not need any movement to survive (just dodge the hard hitting boss attacks and you are fine).
    Each hero feels very unique:
    - Warrior is melee
    - BH is fast with much pew pew
    - Mage drags mobs together to AoE them

But if I look at the leaderboard, there seems something wrong with the warrior. The first warrior is around top 40. The top players dont event pick a complete set. Instead they are mixing two sets to get stats like crit.
    BH and Mage have both a set which interacts with their abilities (lower cooldown, more projectiles, ...).

Since at level 40 everything feels fine, when does warrior start to fall off?

I have a few noob questions you might be able to answer:

- Is a Mage or BH able to farm higher trials than warrior with the same gear?
    - Do I overvalue the leaderboard and everything is fine, beside of BH/Mage having a slight edge in the top 1%?
    - Is the gear shown on the leaderboard the actual gear or the gear they used reaching that time in that trial?
    - What is the most fun hero to you?

Thanks for reading
    Avorino

Originally posted by Avorino View Post

- Do I overvalue the leaderboard and everything is fine, beside of BH/Mage having a slight edge in the top 1%?
    - Is the gear shown on the leaderboard the actual gear or the gear they used reaching that time in that trial?

Thanks for reading
    Avorino
    Mobs get 8% more HP and 3.75%(?) more damage per trial level. This means that you in turn have to increase your damage by 8% and your toughness(well, and recovery to keep your HP, but let's just ignore that here) by 3.75%. However Mage and BH can bypass those toughness and recovery requirements by micromovements and (besides some Vitality to not be oneshot) scale damage only(on top of that their damage scales a bit easier than Warrior's because of innate abilities).
    With the same gear and CL all classes perform somewhat equal. I think the devs had the classes balanced up to around TL 110. After that the toughness requirements for Warrior become ridiculously high.
    All classes are viable to farm trials: Mage excels at killing bigger mob groups with high HP, but is comparatively slow for bosses. BH is generally the fastest and has the highest single target damage(elites, boss). Warrior is somewhere between those two.
    Due to their strengths Mage is prefered for farming XP(trial levels: kill 80-100% of the mobs, abandon) and BH for everything else. All classes can generally farm everything, ome are just (slightly better/worse at a certain task, easier/harder for certain persons or just more fun/boring. Just try around a bit to see what fits you best.
    You definitely overvalue LB a bit, the top players have pushed the classes to pretty much their limits. You won't even notice the aforementioned problems in class balance unless you approach those higher levels. And by then you'll most likely play the class that's most fun and/or easiest to handle for you anyway.
    The gear shown in the LB entries is what they actually used. Warrior sets have pretty underwhelming set boni: Defender needs shield and can generally not keep up in terms of damage with dual wielding, Adventurer is pure stat points and Juggernaut's 6 piece actually slows the clears and the 4 piece bonus somehow wasn't worth it either(don't even remember what it was). So Warriors go for 2 Juggernaut with 4 Adventurer pieces as it gives the biggest stat bonus. BH and Mage have very powerful 6 piece boni, that give an immense damage boost. In turn this means Warrior relies the least on those set boni, Mage(Apprentice 6 is basically a 2x damage multiplier) the most.
    Personally I like ranged classes more and switch between playing Mage and BH(although it's been almost exclusively BH lately...).
    MULU FIGU DUFE 7374

Comment

Yup, narf pretty much hit it on the head. The skills the main Warrior sets buff have fallen out of favor, warriors now typically spam damage over time (Rending Slash, Deadly Throw) and then Shockwave (level 10) makes the DoT into instant damage.

As I answered on another thread yesterday:

"(Warrior has not been in the "best place" for quite awhile, the current meta is mostly a rejection of the main sets, and focuses on raw stats/damage more than nuanced set item interactions with your skills, unlike Mage and BH.)"

One thing I cannot emphasize enough about the BH vs Mage difference you've already mentioned: it gets more divided as you go. It is not an uncommon scenario at higher trials to see the Mage clear the mobs in two minutes, but the boss takes 5. The BH will be opposite, taking 5 minutes to clear the mobs, but the boss is downed in only 2. Your skills and playstyle dictate you choose a "main" which suits you. I mostly play BH in trials because a mistake (death) is eventually going to happen the longer I am playing. Dying to a group of mobs costs me 10-20 seconds, dying to a boss could cost minutes. I choose BH to ensure the boss fight doesn't last as long, as dying is much more costly.
      Last edited by Trouble; 01-19-2019, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your answers! Very helpful. This means, that I can play what I want till trial 110.

Why has BH more singe target dmg than mage?
        Mage has some dmg multiplier which the BH doesnt have:
        - Immulate 30% (btw: does the set bonus cast my leveled immulate?)
        - Blink (DMG * 3)

How fast clears the warrior?
        What is most fun to you?

Comment

Thank you for your answers! Very helpful. This means, that I can play what I want till trial 110.

Why has BH more singe target dmg than mage?
          Mage has some dmg multiplier which the BH doesnt have:
          - Immulate 30% (btw: does the set bonus cast my leveled immulate?)
          - Blink (DMG * 3)

How fast clears the warrior?
          What is most fun to you?
          Apprentice 6 casts leveled Immolate.
          Blink mirrors only do a fraction of your primary damage and in general it most of your damage comes from skills.

BH single target damage is so high because BH skills work better against one target. Mage pretty much does the same damage regardless of how many enemies there are as long as those are in the area of the skill. BH scales a bit better with one target as Snipe always hits said target and causes bleed plus all RF and Scatter projectiles are aimed at the boss and won't be soaked up by other mobs. The damage of the abilities is generally higher, but hit fewer targets.
          MULU FIGU DUFE 7374

Comment

It would be nice if new warrior sets come with some special effects like "20% chance to absorb melee/range attack", "attack proc: 5% chance to ignore all incoming damage for 5 seconds, can't be triggered again in 15 seconds" or something to help warriors survive as long as possible when a elite mob attack can cause more than 40k damage.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I just started the game and played every character to level 40.
              My personal observation to this low level point is, that BH is the fastest, followed by mage in terms of clearspeed. The warrior is a bit slower but feels very tanky and does not need any movement to survive (just dodge the hard hitting boss attacks and you are fine).
              Each hero feels very unique:
              - Warrior is melee
              - BH is fast with much pew pew
              - Mage drags mobs together to AoE them

But if I look at the leaderboard, there seems something wrong with the warrior. The first warrior is around top 40. The top players dont event pick a complete set. Instead they are mixing two sets to get stats like crit.
              BH and Mage have both a set which interacts with their abilities (lower cooldown, more projectiles, ...).

Since at level 40 everything feels fine, when does warrior start to fall off?

Thanks for reading
              Avorino
              It's been long talk to get warriors up to speed.
              they recently did some things to make BH less powerful (boooo)

But warrior doesn't even have a set people use together
              Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
              Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
              see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
              and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
              It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post

It's been long talk to get warriors up to speed.
                they recently did some things to make BH less powerful (boooo)

But warrior doesn't even have a set people use together
                Yeah! Show warriors some Loooove!

Comment

Warrior needs some love yes
                  Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
                  Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
                  see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
                  and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
                  It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Working...
                  X