Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New ANB is Pay to Play/Win

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New ANB is Pay to Play/Win

    Don't get me wrong, Eternium has become one of my favorite games right now, I play it quite a bit... but the new 12 hours of play style of ANB is almost certainly designed not to "even out the playing field", but to increase in-game purchases. I understand the developers have pressure to make money, obviously, thats the whole point of making a game, really... but do they have to make it so obvious? You essentially HAVE to buy a ton of gems to have any chance whatsoever of getting anywhere competitive in the leaderboard. It's disappointing.

  • #2
    sciencebzzt ...Or...now stay with me....you save up some gems prior to the event, so you don't have to buy them.

    I like the new change as it levels the playing field a little bit for the mobile only players like myself. Granted, PC players will still dominate the leader boards, but it is a step in the right direction.

    Bottom line is, if you want to compete in this game. You need to play PC.

    I went into this event with over 12,000 gems, and I haven't spent any money on this game other than the occasional 100 gem/day purchase. Which is quite reasonable cost wise.

    So I disagree that the new event format is P2W......of course if you have no gems to begin with then yes, you will get beat out by those who do.

    Comment


    • #3
      I save germs from time to time...ANB?.. if you look at the screen it's no 13..meaning at the moment i buy one only the travellers package with extra 300 germs etc..im happy..now my status is as below


      Attached Files
      Whirlwind SW trial 128 in..9:218m....timin decrease a bit "like a snail"..well still with a few crap gears.. (PC only)

      Comment


      • #4
        Yup I agree with you that if you do not spend money to buy gems, it's almost impossible to compete with those who can afford to buy gems and the event value packs. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind spending some money to support this game but having a reset after each event, which run for 3 consecutive weeks, is gonna cost a lot for those who wish to compete for the top spots. Without spending at all, it is very difficult to make it into top 100.
        YOCU REGO JASE 0953
        Sanctum

        Top 10 Mage on Active Leaderboard
        T135 Regalia, T132 Apprentice

        Top 10 in ANB 4
        Top 25 in ANB 5

        Comment


        • #5
          I would agree that the promotional "packs" make it more of a P2W than gems.

          Gems can be had for free by anyone, so that argument is null and void in my opinion.
          The packs that are bought though, are absolutely an edge.

          Hate to tell you guys though, that is how these games work.

          Those who choose to pay will always have a distinct advantage over those who do not.

          Comment


          • #6

            I think that some charge is necessary for development to manage the game.
            I also work on weekdays, so I think it's best to have time to sleep and also to keep the whole equality.

            However, although we can only play for 12 hours, we have to buy billing items to compete in ranking.
            My bronze event has already ended. We have to charge again at silver and gold events.

            Is not the unit price of the charge item too expensive?
            If you are going to make events continuously, I think that it is necessary to make characters the same or lower the number and price of charge items.

            I was ranked #2 in ANB4 and #1 in ANB3. This time I entered BH with the name Misaki.
            I like this game so I hope to improve in the future.
            Last edited by 義徳.金野; 02-17-2019, 03:44 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Last ANB I met newbie with 20 gems without any purchases and finished about 54 with 2 celestials. This time I saved 5300 gems, now at TL76 606CL, 1800 gems and 6 hours left. You don't have to be pro or spend money at all to get nice rewards.
              ​​​​​Just collect gems and have a good time.
              NAHI ViCU COTU 7388
              Mobile warrior Schrei

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NorseKnight View Post
                sciencebzzt ...Or...now stay with me....you save up some gems prior to the event, so you don't have to buy them.
                Or how about there's 3 ANB's in 3 weeks time and you can't do that.
                ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

                Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

                Click here to see my gameplay videos.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NorseKnight View Post
                  sciencebzzt ...Or...now stay with me....you save up some gems prior to the event, so you don't have to buy them.

                  I like the new change as it levels the playing field a little bit for the mobile only players like myself. Granted, PC players will still dominate the leader boards, but it is a step in the right direction.

                  Bottom line is, if you want to compete in this game. You need to play PC.

                  I went into this event with over 12,000 gems, and I haven't spent any money on this game other than the occasional 100 gem/day purchase. Which is quite reasonable cost wise.

                  So I disagree that the new event format is P2W......of course if you have no gems to begin with then yes, you will get beat out by those who do.
                  You had 12,000 gems and you spent no money? I don't see how thats possible. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that it's completely impossible.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sciencebzzt View Post

                    You had 12,000 gems and you spent no money? I don't see how thats possible. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that it's completely impossible.
                    When you have 5 Heros and do the daily Quest, that's 100 gems a day, 700 a week. Than you watch some ads and get free gems too. In 1 month easily 5.000 gems. When you get the 100gem/a day purchase, you can easily reach 7k-10k gems a month.
                    left the game

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sciencebzzt View Post

                      You had 12,000 gems and you spent no money? I don't see how thats possible. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that it's completely impossible.
                      I also start with 12k gems... been saving gems for this ANB since the last one... and there's people with more gems... like 20k+ and more... so it's not impossible... LOL...
                      GEPU GANA HEPO 9200
                      --------------------------------------
                      See my endgame heroes build...
                      Boss skills info and how to fight boss... (VIDEOS)
                      New crafting system video and how to use it... (TUTORIAL)
                      How to make jewelry video... (TUTORIAL)
                      Read my Journey in “A New Beginning” event...
                      Watch more videos from my YouTube Eternium channel...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So I have only purchased the 100 gems a day and I have come into this ANB with 21k gems. Now if the Titan pack was £25 I would buy that. At £45, as good as this game is, £45 Is a bit steep.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 義徳.金野 View Post
                          I think that some charge is necessary for development to manage the game.
                          I also work on weekdays, so I think it's best to have time to sleep and also to keep the whole equality.

                          However, although we can only play for 12 hours, we have to buy billing items to compete in ranking.
                          My bronze event has already ended. We have to charge again at silver and gold events.

                          Is not the unit price of the charge item too expensive?
                          If you are going to make events continuously, I think that it is necessary to make characters the same or lower the number and price of charge items.

                          I was ranked #2 in ANB4 and #1 in ANB3. This time I entered BH with the name Misaki.
                          I like this game so I hope to improve in the future.
                          How much gems did you spent this AnB? And maybe you can tell me how much the last 2 AnB's
                          left the game

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                            When you have 5 Heros and do the daily Quest, that's 100 gems a day, 700 a week. Than you watch some ads and get free gems too. In 1 month easily 5.000 gems. When you get the 100gem/a day purchase, you can easily reach 7k-10k gems a month.
                            100% right. I have 5 heroes and watch the rewarded videos and get 300-500+ gems a day just between those. I'm guessing I may spend about 7500 gems on bronze league, what with running XP and gold/gem boosters 100% of the time.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Scintillant View Post

                              100% right. I have 5 heroes and watch the rewarded videos and get 300-500+ gems a day just between those. I'm guessing I may spend about 7500 gems on bronze league, what with running XP and gold/gem boosters 100% of the time.
                              That‘s a lot. I spent 2,500 and am almost done with the whole event. Maybe I end up with 3k and TL90+

                              Edit: Ok, I‘m just running with exp boosters
                              left the game

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X