No announcement yet.

How do you get Greater Essences?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG!!!! You are all experts in completely missing wtf I am trying to say!!! This is so mindboggling - did anyone actually read my post and watch the video?!?!

Let me explain VERY SLOWLY

GROG WANT MAKE MORE GREATER ESSENCE OF WATER

GROG NOT HAVE ENOUGH ESSENCE OF WATER TO MAKE

THAT OK, SMART CRAFTING ASSISTANT TELL GROG HE MAKE ESSENCE OF WATER FROM GREATER ESSENCE OF WATER HE HAVE IN BAG.

GROG NOT SAY "Now, why would I break down my greater essence of water to get the essence of water I need to make more greater essence of water? Why not use the greater essence I already have? Because I don't have enough, and need to make more. Will breaking down my current stock of greater essence of water to get the raw material to make more, ultimately result in my having more greater essence of water? No, I don't think so, and I think that the administrators of this game should PAY ATTENTION, and stop allowing the smart crafting assistant to EVER present this option FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER BECAUSE IT IS PATENTLY POINTLESS AND STUPID!!!"

GROG NOT SAY BECAUSE GROG NOT SMART, GROG DUMB. NOW GROG DUMB AND BROKE. AND SAD.

PLEASE HELP GROG AND FIX GAME.
    yuzu cevo zuwo 8662

Comment

Originally posted by Harryoi View Post
      OMG!!!! You are all experts in completely missing wtf I am trying to say!!! This is so mindboggling - did anyone actually read my post and watch the video?!?!
      Once again, I would like to repeat my "please calm down" message, and yes, I did look at your video and confirmed the issue as per my reply:

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
      The bug that you're describing is that the "how to get this ingredient" menu is not tracking where you started from, and is thus simply providing you with all the potential way you could get the "secondary" ingredient, including breaking down what it is you're trying to craft in the first place.
      Travis added a "like" to the post, meaning that he have seen it and agree with it (although I can't really tell which part of it he's "agreeing" too, hopefully it's the "bug" part) - and hopefully it'll be logged with the dev team and they'll get to it whenever they'll get to it...

Thank you for the video and the detailed break down of the situation.

To others, it's NOT an issue with the "Smart Crafting Assistance" feature, which you can turn on/off from the settings. It's an issue with the core crafting interface itself, follow the steps described and see for yourself...
      Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post
        [/B]

That is almost EXACTLY the way I have my resource box arranged. It's true that if you are not careful you will cannibalize your ingredients until you have almost nothing left. The assistant SHOULD be smart enough to recognize that to make a greater (e.g.) out of another type of greater essence that was already used is a terrible interface if not an outright bug.

I know Making Fun understands warnings b/c the Exit to Main Menu and Log Off both come with timers and warnings. One would almost suspect MF wants you to run off to Ruby the trader to BUY essences after a "successful" cannibalization of all of your greater essences into just one.

Ok, so for the record, NO - THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH OFFERING TO TRANSMUTE OTHER TYPES OF ESSENCES INTO THE TYPE YOU WANT, THIS IS UP TO YOU IF YOU HAVE LOOT AND CAN"T WAIT.

WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT IS OFFERING TO BREAK DOWN THE VERY ESSENCE YOU WANT MORE OF, IN ORDER TO GET THE SMALLER ESSENCES NEEDED TO MAKE THEM.

I MADE A FRIKKING VIDEO. PLEASE FRIKKING WATCH IT AND POST RELEVANT RESPONSES?!?!?!??!?!?!?
        yuzu cevo zuwo 8662

Comment

Harryoi This has been answered multiple times, in multiple ways.

Please read the responses you've been given, as you won't likely be receiving more if this behavior continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryoi View Post

Let me explain VERY SLOWLY

GROG WANT MAKE MORE GREATER ESSENCE OF WATER

GROG NOT HAVE ENOUGH ESSENCE OF WATER TO MAKE

THAT OK, SMART CRAFTING ASSISTANT TELL GROG HE MAKE ESSENCE OF WATER FROM GREATER ESSENCE OF WATER HE HAVE IN BAG.

GROG NOT SAY "Now, why would I break down my greater essence of water to get the essence of water I need to make more greater essence of water? Why not use the greater essence I already have? Because I don't have enough, and need to make more. Will breaking down my current stock of greater essence of water to get the raw material to make more, ultimately result in my having more greater essence of water? No, I don't think so, and I think that the administrators of this game should PAY ATTENTION, and stop allowing the smart crafting assistant to EVER present this option FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER BECAUSE IT IS PATENTLY POINTLESS AND STUPID!!!"

GROG NOT SAY BECAUSE GROG NOT SMART, GROG DUMB. NOW GROG DUMB AND BROKE. AND SAD.

PLEASE HELP GROG AND FIX GAME.
            If you're done trying to be a smart ass, and would like some actual advise, please listen.

What the assistant does is reserve resources that are used as ingredients to make whatever recipe you select. Greater Essences are not one of the ingredients needed to make Greater Essences, therefore they will not be reserved. The system doesn't know how many you need or what you need them for. Regular essences will be reserved though, and you'll notice that if you go one level deeper, it will not let you use any of your regular essences to make lesser essences.

This is why I told you to start with the actual end result you're trying to make. I apologize if I was unclear, but what I mean by that is if your ultimate goal is to make a RoTS enchantment, for example, go to that recipe first. Then go through the various sub-recipes from there. Doing so will prevent you from accidentally using something you need.

I acknowledged that it is possible to circumvent the reserve system. I would also agree that it would be logical for the system to reserve the "top level" item, as well as the ingredients. That's just not how the system currently works. Again, what the smart assistant does is reserve ingredients. If you think you know what you're doing, you want to freewheel, craft your essences on your own, then I'm sorry; you'll just have to take your own advise and PAY ATTENTION.

At the least if you're going to ask for additional safeguards to protect you from yourself, while refusing to use those that already exist, you might want to try being a bit nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
              Harryoi This has been answered multiple times, in multiple ways.

Please read the responses you've been given, as you won't likely be receiving more if this behavior continues.
              What behaviour? Why don't you do something about these people who just want to post their brilliant lectures on smart crafting, when none of them seems to grasp the issue I am TRYING to discuss!!

The 'Smart Crafting Assistant' should NOT be offering to use what you are trying to craft as raw material to craft it - this is an ERROR IN YOUR GAME, ok? There is NO REASON FOR THIS OPTION TO BE THERE. Yes, you can transmute at great expense OTHER ESSENCES into the ones you want, and should be careful not to blithely click on anything green, whether the assistant is on or off.

HOWEVER, there is NO SCENARIO where ANYONE would want to break down a greater essence in order to remake the same essence from the resulting raw material. The 'Smart Crafting Assistant', and the ENTIRE CRAFTING PROCESS, should NOT PRESENT THIS AS AN OPTION, AS IT MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.

When someone actually DOES SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, I will ghost this post, ok? But getting pages and pages of irrelevant advice borders on harrassment, and these blathering clowns are the real violators of your precious forum. In fact, I would like to register an OFFICIAL COMPLAINT RIGHT NOW WITH YOU ABOUT THIS ISSUE.

Ok?

Thank you for making my experience here so pleasant, why don't you go look at how much I support this game before you threaten me, because I would be HAPPY to take my MONEY ELSEWHERE.
              Last edited by Harryoi; 03-07-2019, 01:20 PM.
              yuzu cevo zuwo 8662

Comment

Harryoi Oh, well why didn't you say so sooner?
                ​​​​​​
                I have accepted your formal complaint, and have notified our stakeholders. Please wait by the phone, you'll receive a callback from my supervisor momentarily.

Thank you for the update, and your patience!
                Last edited by Trouble; 03-07-2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Harryoi I‘m shocked, but I need popcorn. Don‘t know right know if you‘re under 14 years, a troll or simply raging without any reasons cause you won‘t understand the theme. It‘s funny anyway haha
                  Harryoi Oh, well why didn't you say so, sooner?
                  ​​​​​​
                  I have accepted your formal complaint, and have notified our stakeholders. Please wait by the phone, you'll receive a callback from my supervisor momentarily.

hahaha
                  XINU CILU GIXO 4320

Warrior: Outlaw - TL114 - Top 20
                  Mage: Outlaw - TL119 - Top 20
                  BH: Outlaw - TL118 - Top 50

Not english born, so sorry for bad grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw

hahaha
                    Was? Ich bin ein bescheidener Kundendienst Roboter.

Comment

Harryoi Oh, well why didn't you say so sooner?
                      ​​​​​​

Haha!! I'm waiting by the phone!!
                      Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                      Harryoi I‘m shocked, but I need popcorn. Don‘t know right know if you‘re under 14 years, a troll or simply raging without any reasons cause you won‘t understand the theme. It‘s funny anyway haha
                      Haha yeh it is funny but ppl are quoting me with irrelevant answers so I respond - if they want to post their lessons without quoting me, I won't take it as an answer to my post.
                      yuzu cevo zuwo 8662

Comment

Working...
                      X