Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get Greater Essences?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do you get Greater Essences?

    I’ve been playing for a while and have thousands of lesser essences, but only four greater ones. I cannot figure out how to craft lesser to greater or how to convert to greater. I’ve crafted other things like armor, so know how to craft a little. I’m CL 252 and I need greater essences to craft most things like cape I want to craft. How do I do this? I’ve found some (only 1 at a time) in locked chests which you need to pay for with gems and I don’t want to do that. Thanks!

  • #2
    Go to craft> materials> Essences> then choose the greater essence you want to craft .

    Also while crafting if you have enough materials a green crafting icon will appear nxt to the ingredients . If you dont have enough yellow or red will appear. Try to click the icon to see if you can craft the lesser ingredients before crafting the main one .

    Comment


    • #3
      I will try, it’s not intuitive for me to see what I need. Thanks!

      Comment


      • #4
        The system can take a bit to figure out but you should go to essences and make normal essences from lessers, then make greaters from normals. When you click "Materials">"Essences" then just go down the list. Click "Essence of Fire" make all of those you want/need, then go back and click the next on the list "Greater Essence of Fire" and continue down the list. Then you'll have converted all your lessers to greaters, or however many you choose to. It's 10:1 ratio so 100 lessers per greater.

        Comment


        • #5
          Also, when you are creating a specific amount of a different level for a recipe, there is a message which pops up telling you that you have made enough. This is important, because the right hand window would let you continue to create more. I once got caught in a loop were I created 100s more items than I needed for the recipe. :-(

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by aveanjinx View Post
            Go to craft> materials> Essences> then choose the greater essence you want to craft .

            Also while crafting if you have enough materials a green crafting icon will appear nxt to the ingredients . If you dont have enough yellow or red will appear. Try to click the icon to see if you can craft the lesser ingredients before crafting the main one .
            If you use the smart crafting assistant, it doesn't use other stuff you need in that recipe as raw material to make what you're making at that moment.

            But when you use the icons in the recipe to craft ingredients, BEWARE!!!! lol - they need tho fix it cuz it offers to break down your existing stash as raw material to make what you're after. For example, I have 14 Essence of Water, and need twenty. It says I can craft the other six, but I need 60 Lesser Essence of Water, and I only have 43 In the recipe I click on the green icon and craft the other 17 Lesser Essence of Water. However, in the list, besides offering to transmute other essences at GREAT expense, it also offers to break down some of the 14 Essence of Water you already have, in order to get the 17 Lesser Essence of Water that you need to make the 6 Essence of Water you need. So you end up going in circles until you're out of gold.

            I told support, they didn't get it - they told me to turn off my smart crafting assistant because some people like me are too stupid to understand how it works, basically is what they said. Did I explain it right? Can anyone else see what I am saying? If I have to I'll post a video I guess.
            yuzu cevo zuwo 8662

            Comment


            • #7
              Harryoi YES this happened to me and I couldn’t figure out why this was costing so much gold! . Thanks I will look for how to turn this off. This cost me a lot.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by KarenMarie View Post
                Harryoi YES this happened to me and I couldn’t figure out why this was costing so much gold! . Thanks I will look for how to turn this off. This cost me a lot.
                I've seen it offering me the identity theft route ie your bank account gets drained - still showing up in the crafting - but does the smart crafting turn it on and off?

                Here, I went and made a little video - it still does the loop, and Smart Crafting toggle doesn't seem to make a difference :

                https://youtu.be/P5Sg798pDW0
                yuzu cevo zuwo 8662

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Assistant usually gives more than one choice if you have lots of resources. You need to CHOOSE the best path to follow using Gold if you have lots or other resources if you have lots. The GREEN buttons are where you have everything. The YELLOW ones are where you need to synthesize some ingredient and have enough raw material, but you might want to choose to use more or less gold. The RED items indicate that you do not have enough of some resource and make you drop down to a sub-level where you can get caught in a loop - just do ENOUGH and then hit the Back button to go upward and re-evaluate.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
                    The Assistant usually gives more than one choice if you have lots of resources. You need to CHOOSE the best path to follow using Gold if you have lots or other resources if you have lots. The GREEN buttons are where you have everything. The YELLOW ones are where you need to synthesize some ingredient and have enough raw material, but you might want to choose to use more or less gold. The RED items indicate that you do not have enough of some resource and make you drop down to a sub-level where you can get caught in a loop - just do ENOUGH and then hit the Back button to go upward and re-evaluate.
                    Man, please tell me you get what I'm saying, though, right? If you have 50 Essence and need 500 lesser essence to make 50 more, it is pointless for the crafting assistant to suggest that you BREAK DOWN the 50 that you HAVE, in order to get the 500 lesser essence you need to make 50 more. Sorry, but you won't get to 100 essence that way, but you'll waste 6 figures every time and get nowhere.

                    It is stupid for the assistant to offer this. There is no careful decision to be made, nothing complicated to weigh out - please can more people tell me they see this?!?!? KarenMarie you rock!!
                    yuzu cevo zuwo 8662

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Harryoi View Post
                      It is stupid for the assistant to offer this. There is no careful decision to be made, nothing complicated to weigh out - please can more people tell me they see this?!?!? KarenMarie you rock!!
                      The bug is with the layered Crafting menus, not the "Smart Assistance" feature - hence the confusion from others, please calm down (if you're already calm, please disregard )

                      All "Smart Assistance" is doing is reserving the costs for things as you move through the different layers, preventing the case where you've finally crafted all the "secondary" stuff to only find out that you now no longer have the Gold required to craft what you wanted in the first place. I haven't really gone through the crafting stuff much, but I believe that this is ALL that "Smart Assistance" is doing.

                      The bug that you're describing is that the "how to get this ingredient" menu is not tracking where you started from, and is thus simply providing you with all the potential way you could get the "secondary" ingredient, including breaking down what it is you're trying to craft in the first place.
                      Last edited by Nhat; 03-06-2019, 04:53 AM.
                      Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

                      Eternium Guides:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        When upgrading stuff for an active recipe, don't click on anything below the first row unless you know exactly what you are doing.

                        Manually go through and upgrade your essences with the Materials menu, just to be sure.

                        While you're there, make a bucket load of silver dust. Lack of silver dust makes things (like creating spirits) look red.
                        Last edited by Trouble; 03-06-2019, 05:22 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Trouble View Post
                          When upgrading stuff for an active recipe, don't click on anything below the first row unless you know exactly what you are doing.
                          Absolutlely! You should first set up your crafting resource sheet into a logical format so that recovered resources will stack where you want them rather than into the first available cell. There have been several images posted of ways to do this. I use 15 cells for five columns of increasing strength (Lesser, Normal and Greater) for Fire, Water, Air, Shadow, Earth. Then I can quickly see what I am missing and compare to the "Crafting Paths" to choose the best one for both resources and gold.

                          Mine is similar to:
                          Leather Iron Silk Cloth S. Ore M.Titans
                          E.Leather Mithril Nightcloth Ornament
                          L.Fire L.Water L.Air L.Shadow L.Earth
                          Fire Water Air Shadow Earth
                          G.Fire G.Water G.Air G.Shadow L.Earth
                          S. Dust Haunting Primal War Living Harmony

                          Remember no part of Eternium necessarily has your best interests or desires at heart. You must control things!
                          Last edited by lmcelhiney; 03-06-2019, 08:38 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post

                            Absolutlely! You should first set up your crafting resource sheet into a logical format so that recovered resources will stack where you want them rather than into the first available cell. There have been several images posted of ways to do this. I use 15 cells for five columns of increasing strength (Lesser, Normal and Greater) for Fire, Water, Air, Shadow, Earth. Then I can quickly see what I am missing and compare to the "Crafting Paths" to choose the best one for both resources and gold.

                            Mine is similar to:
                            Leather Iron Silk Cloth S. Ore M.Titans
                            E.Leather Mithril Nightcloth Ornament
                            ...
                            S. Dust Haunting Primal War Living Harmony
                            Remember no part of Eternium necessarily has your best interests or desires at heart. You must control things!


                            That is almost EXACTLY the way I have my resource box arranged. It's true that if you are not careful you will cannibalize your ingredients until you have almost nothing left. The assistant SHOULD be smart enough to recognize that to make a greater (e.g.) out of another type of greater essence that was already used is a terrible interface if not an outright bug.

                            I know Making Fun understands warnings b/c the Exit to Main Menu and Log Off both come with timers and warnings. One would almost suspect MF wants you to run off to Ruby the trader to BUY essences after a "successful" cannibalization of all of your greater essences into just one.
                            FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

                            Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Harryoi View Post
                              Man, please tell me you get what I'm saying, though, right? If you have 50 Essence and need 500 lesser essence to make 50 more, it is pointless for the crafting assistant to suggest that you BREAK DOWN the 50 that you HAVE, in order to get the 500 lesser essence you need to make 50 more. Sorry, but you won't get to 100 essence that way, but you'll waste 6 figures every time and get nowhere.

                              It is stupid for the assistant to offer this. There is no careful decision to be made, nothing complicated to weigh out - please can more people tell me they see this?!?!? KarenMarie you rock!!
                              Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post
                              [/B]...It's true that if you are not careful you will cannibalize your ingredients until you have almost nothing left. The assistant SHOULD be smart enough to recognize that to make a greater (e.g.) out of another type of greater essence that was already used is a terrible interface if not an outright bug.

                              I know Making Fun understands warnings b/c the Exit to Main Menu and Log Off both come with timers and warnings. One would almost suspect MF wants you to run off to Ruby the trader to BUY essences after a "successful" cannibalization of all of your greater essences into just one.
                              It sounds as though you both need to turn the smart assistant ON.

                              With the assistant turned on:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	orig.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	129057
                              Short of greater essences. So I click the yellow icon for GE of Earth:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	2nd.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	129058
                              As you can see, it will not allow me to use any of the Shadow, Air, or Water essences, even though I have them. They are currently being reserved. So I use up my normal earth essences, then drill down to the next level to see how I can make more:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	3rd.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	129059
                              As you can see here, it will not allow me to use any of my existing greater essences. I don't have enough lesser essences to make all the regulars I need either, so drill down again:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	4th.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	129060
                              Where you see I am unable to use any of my existing normal essences.

                              It is still possible to "cannibalize" if you access those recipes in a different manner. The system can't read your mind. But assuming you are starting from the actual item you're trying to make, it does properly reserve all resources as far as I have been able to see. I haven't gone through every possible option for navigating through the sub-recipes, but I haven't yet found any errors. If you do have the assistant turned on, and it's not working as these screenshots show, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X