My ANB League runs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ANB League runs

Yet another non-guide, but hopefully can help provides some insights/comparison points that may be helpful for others, especially those with limitted playing time...

TL;DR

Bronze League:

Warrior, made it to TL 70 (CL 462) with 4 hours and 8 minutes of "map time" - total would be higher, due to additional times spent in Hometown upgrading abilities and such, little bits here and there, but they all add up...

Total Gems spent: about 4k

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
    Silver League

Warrior, TL 88 (CL 854) - 6 hours and 52 minutes of event time - total Gems Spent: 6.5 k

Farming Canyon of Whispers to level 70 appeared better than doing Trials, after completing Act 1 anyway

Quick tips:
    • Starts early, get your Hero to level 70, then you can sit back and wait for the abilities to upgrade for a bit first
    • Prioritise your class' abilities - know what you need to upgrade first and keep it upgrading until you reached the desired level, useful to open at least the 2nd upgrade slot (400 Gems), 3rd is a bit expensive (900 Gems)
      • For Warrior: Shockwave to level 10 (for 8x DoT trigger); Battle Rage to level 7 (for +20% damage); Frenzy to level 7 (for 25% heal chance); Whirlwind to level 7 (+30% movement speed boost); level other skills as desired, they provide increase per level, no "specific level" boosts...
    • Craft XP jewelry every now and then - I did uncommons every 10 levels (using Gems), you can do Rares if you want - it gives you about 30% more than Uncommons, for 3x the costs.
    • Boosters is a must for those with limited time...
    • Speed upgrade abilities help with Synergy levels, it costs 43 Gems to get each ability from level 1 to level 5 (or 18 for 1 to 4) - budget accordingly...

How I did it:

Started event on Friday, bought +200% XP booster as soon as I got to Hometown, and unlocked everything for Event char, except Abilities upgrade <= this was a mistake, had the Gems, and ended up doing it later on anyway, would have been better to do it early...

Took me until Sunday afternoon to finally log my first hour of gameplay, been logging in every now and then to upgrade abilities - if you leave your Event hero selected, then the game notify you when the upgrade is complete (at least it does for me on Android). Completed Act I - full clear and got all 3 companions, level 38

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2019-02-17-17-50-23.png Views:	6 Size:	267.1 KB ID:	127570

Moved over to Trials and just keep running the one that's roughly at my level - didn't see a point in pushing for higher trials, aim was to get XP and gear. Finally got to level 70 on Thursday, timer used: 1 hour and 57 minutes - see what I mean about limited playing time, haha. I might try the "rush to Canyon of Whispers and repeat clear starting mobs" method in Silver and see how long that takes...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2019-02-21-20-33-57.png Views:	7 Size:	258.9 KB ID:	127567

From there, things moved a lot more quickly.
    • I put Offense Champion Points into Haste until 5+ Attack Speed, then mixed Critical Rating & Critical Damage
    • Jumps to trials 1-2 level lower than max unlocked, skipping Garm (haven't quite figured him out properly).
    • Crafted Ephemeral Necklace: Experience, Ability Rate, Vitality, Life on Hit + Rings: Experience, Critical Damage, Critical Rating, Power
    • Used 1 LBox for Deidre: XP, CD, CR, P
    • Mix and match whatever pieces I get, most of my set were from Random Set Item chests. Focused on XP bonus, unless others are significantly higher...
    • Reforged Block/Regen/etc off a few pieces

Got to Trial 40 after another 30 minutes - late Thursday night

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2019-02-21-23-43-16.png Views:	6 Size:	269.0 KB ID:	127571

Pushed for TL 70 on Friday night - spent 150 Gems to finish off Shockwave level 10; got it after total of 4 hours and 8 minutes - was tempted to craft Celestial Deidre and see how high I can push, but it was already late, so just went to sleep after checking Discord and forum for a bit...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2019-02-22-20-52-17.png Views:	5 Size:	267.8 KB ID:	127568Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2019-02-23-13-26-51.png Views:	6 Size:	270.2 KB ID:	127573Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2019-02-23-13-26-58.png Views:	6 Size:	144.8 KB ID:	127574

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2019-02-22-22-55-54.png Views:	6 Size:	284.4 KB ID:	127572Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2019-02-22-22-56-00.png Views:	6 Size:	271.9 KB ID:	127569

Gems Usage - about 4k
    • Full unlock => 1,545
    • Abilities to level 5 => 21 x 43 => 903
    • Boosters => 4x +200% XP => 800
    • Every 10 levels XP Uncommons => (didn't track, sorry)
      • highest cost is 51 at level 70, so let's make that: 357 (as an upper limit, it's probably about half that...)
    • A few reforging to remove unwanted stats => (didn't track...)

Can't remember exact numbers, but I had about 9.5k at the start, ended with 7.9k - got plenty of ads during the event and have a "100 Gems/Day for 30 Days" subscription on, just purchased at start of event...

Hope it was a good read, I'll post my Silver, and hopefully Gold, runs later too - just aiming for TL 70 Celestial (devs, please, please, don't change it - but, yeah, your call) Finally got my first one, so it's going to sit in its own Stash page for a while
    Last edited by Nhat; 03-09-2019, 11:11 AM.
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Good read Nhat. Thanks for the share of your ANB journey. As usual, lots of useful information especially the gem usage details.
    YOCU REGO JASE 0953
    Sanctum

Top 10 Mage on Active Leaderboard
    T135 Regalia, T132 Apprentice

Top 10 in ANB 4
    Top 25 in ANB 5

Comment

Nhat 101 tutorial on ANB...simple, clear & easy to follow..thank you
      Last edited by TheExorcist; 02-24-2019, 02:11 AM.
      Whirlwind SW trial 128 in..7:39m....Nice ..well still with a few crap gears.. erm...fail to beat Garm at 129 tough...(PC only)

Comment

Nhat Thanks for the share and your advice elsewhere.

Comment

Nhat Appreciate this mate and all your insights in my own post regarding Ebox utilization. I think it has a big impact on the game play and yeah devs, don't change the TL70.
          Mobile Player
          Altheo (M) ¦ Eijol (DW) ¦ Ratot (BH)

Comment

Good read as usual - tx Nhat.

Comment

Nhat,

Thanks for the advice on using Haste to boost attack speed early on. I also got really frustrated with how slowly beginning characters move, so I also upgraded Fleet Footed early on until I got pants/boots with movement speed.

You mention using gems to upgrade your other skills to boost synergy. The first couple of upgrades are really cheap, but I usually stop using gems to upgrade at level 4. Is the synergy bonus worth it to keep upgrading skills that you know you won't use during the event?

Comment

Thanks for details

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

just aiming for TL 70 Celestial (devs, please, please, don't change it - but, yeah, your call)
                I feared em changing that in silver and gold hence aimed for TL 90 as that could be my last chance at a couple of CBox Glad that I finally got em

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post
                Nhat,

Thanks for the advice on using Haste to boost attack speed early on. I also got really frustrated with how slowly beginning characters move, so I also upgraded Fleet Footed early on until I got pants/boots with movement speed.
                Haste doesn't affects movement speed, it affects attack speed (and hence life leech / sec) and alacrity

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post
                  You mention using gems to upgrade your other skills to boost synergy. The first couple of upgrades are really cheap, but I usually stop using gems to upgrade at level 4. Is the synergy bonus worth it to keep upgrading skills that you know you won't use during the event?
                  Synergy bonus kinda suffer as your hero level gets higher, which is why the quick boost at the start is best. The Vitality bonus helps you survive easier until you find good gear.

I don't think it's worth speed upgrade unused abilities beyond 4-5, due to increased cost. Sure, if you're done with all your main, go and upgrade the others, but don't waste Gems boosting them.

Gems cost for ability upgrades is dependent on the amount of time left for the upgrade. I haven't worked out the formula for it yet. So you could spend it to finish off things, if you want - like I did for Shockwave.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

The gem cost is prohibitive after 5. This is where you see people talking about dumping 10-20k gems on one ANB. In Bronze, upgraded my Shockwave from 9 to 10, after waiting many hours, and it was still 400 gems, for just one (partial) level of one skill.

Comment

It's worth noting though that the higher levels are more efficient spending, in terms of minutes saved per gem spent. The first few levels cost about 1 gem for every 3 minutes. Level 9 to 10 is 495 gems for 72 hours, 4320 minutes, or a hair over 8.72 minutes per gem.

Piling up some synergy would certainly be useful, especially early on, but if you're on a budget I'd say the higher efficiency is much better.
                      Last edited by Buppy; 03-03-2019, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buppy View Post
                        It's worth noting though that the higher levels are more efficient spending, in terms of minutes saved per gem spent. The first few levels cost about 1 gem for every 3 minutes. Level 9 to 10 is 595 gems for 72 hours, 4320 minutes, or a hair over 7.26 minutes per gem.

Piling up some synergy would certainly be useful, especially early on, but if you're on a budget I'd say the higher efficiency is much better.
                        Good info here. Thanks for the share! I've never calculated this myself to realise that the gem spent/minutes saved ratio is lower at higher skill levels.
                        YOCU REGO JASE 0953
                        Sanctum

Top 10 in ANB 4
                        Top 25 in ANB 5

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctum View Post

Good info here. Thanks for the share! I've never calculated this myself to realise that the gem spent/minutes saved ratio is lower at higher skill levels.
                          That might be correct, however, at lower levels your choices are basically wait or spend gems. By the time you get to Level 9 or 10, hopefully you're grinding XP on high enough trials that you're racking up books of learning.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSuchReality View Post

That might be correct, however, at lower levels your choices are basically wait or spend gems. By the time you get to Level 9 or 10, hopefully you're grinding XP on high enough trials that you're racking up books of learning.
                            Yup, that's true. If you are clearing higher level trials (e.g. 80 and above), you will almost likely get a Greater Book of Learning.
                            YOCU REGO JASE 0953
                            Sanctum

Top 10 in ANB 4
                            Top 25 in ANB 5

Comment

Silver League Run

Started Saturday morning: 10,059 Gems, Warrior

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-02-10-16-20.png
Views:	468
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	129460

Same approach as in Bronze => full unlocks everything, use Gems to boost abilities to level 5, full XP boosters
                              With full Gems boosts for Abilities, Gold became the limitting factor - so I ended up adding Currency boosters as well.
                              And since I turned off Ads for the run, managed to get more time in - those Ads ate up a lot of time...

Full story map clear all the way, finished Act I at the 44 minutes mark - level 35 (Saturday evening)

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-02-20-47-09.png
Views:	372
Size:	270.0 KB
ID:	129461

Got to Canyon of Whispers at the 54 minutes mark, level 41 - started xp farming runs: Whirlwind and Vortex works wonders here, so best to get Whirlwind to level 6 early, for the movement boost.
                              Run past the first mob, use Deadly Throw to start things off, casts Vortex in between the 2 other mobs and then Whirlwind to get them all. This works the majority of the time, and you can abandon there, or go for the fourth group a bit higher up. I sometimes ended up aggroing them when collecting loot, plus sometimes there are stragglers that don't get pulled in by Vortex. Average run was about 20 seconds.

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-03-10-13-34.png
Views:	371
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	129462Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-03-16-55-20.png
Views:	385
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	129463

Got to level 70 at the 1:30 mark - so that's 27 minutes faster than Bronze. Switched to Trials and started pushing up "Kara Trials" - I just keep on clearing it until I unlock the next "Kara Trial", simplest boss for me, no moving required.

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-05-20-15-26.png
Views:	376
Size:	266.7 KB
ID:	129464

Made the same Ephemeral Jewelry I did in Bronze:
                              • Necklace: Experience, Ability Rate, Vitality, Life on Hit
                              • Rings: Experience, Critical Damage, Critical Rating, Power
                              • Again, sticking with what ever gear gave me the highest Experience bonus.
                                • Probably not the best approach, since I was occassionally giving up on a +10% damage or so, for +40% XP. But it seems to be the simplest approach to me, so I just went with it

Got the Gold ticket, trial 55 at the 2:02 mark - CL 244 (Tuesday night)

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-05-22-23-57.png
Views:	370
Size:	268.6 KB
ID:	129465Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-05-22-29-44.png
Views:	374
Size:	286.1 KB
ID:	129466

Got Celestial at 3:18 - YAY! - CL 494 (Thursday afternoon, lunch break, haha)

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-07-13-34-44.png
Views:	369
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	129467Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-07-13-39-25.png
Views:	376
Size:	285.5 KB
ID:	129468

Made it to Trial 80 on Friday afternoon - CL 650, furthest I've ever gotten in ANB, which made me wanted to keep pushing.
                              Pushed through Trial 85 late Friday evening - CL 780

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-08-21-27-44.png
Views:	364
Size:	269.1 KB
ID:	129470Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-08-21-28-47.png
Size:	286.2 KB
ID:	129469

Then went a bit "crazy" with the reforging stuff, haha - that's what clearing 85 and having 90 "in reach" do to you. I think I spent more than 1k Gems on multiple reforging, and crafted my very first enchantments for the game => 2 Greater Enchantments: Chest +100 Vitality, Shoulder +100 Power

Pushed to Trial 88, tried 89 but died a lot, haha. CL 829

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-09-01-14-08.png
Views:	379
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	129472Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-09-01-14-03.png
Views:	368
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	129471

Then did a 25 minutes farming run to get 2x Windfurry for the 2 Deidres - and then kept on getting bad trials spawns, so ended up with my best clear time as that before the enchantments, haha. Called it around 1am Saturday morning, not worth the trouble... (Note to self, getting to TL 70 in the future is enough, plus what ever additional level/xp can be done in "reasonable hours")

Final tally:
                              • Event time played: 6:52 - 3 hours more than Bronze, but that's with those extra hours on Friday night/Saturday morning, won't be doing that again...
                              • Champion Level 854
                              • Ranked 121 after Event ended - Trial 88, 7:07 time
                              • Total Gems Spent: 6.5 k

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-09-11-52-51.png
Views:	360
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	129478Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-09-11-54-47.png
Views:	365
Size:	291.5 KB
ID:	129473Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-09-11-54-50.png
Views:	364
Size:	302.7 KB
ID:	129475Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-09-11-54-53.png
Views:	365
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	129477Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-09-11-55-05.png
Views:	370
Size:	288.8 KB
ID:	129476Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-09-11-55-35.png
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	129474

Gems usage breakdown:
                              • Unlocks: 1,545
                              • Boosters:
                                • XP: 200 x13 => 2,600
                                • Currency: 75 x2 => 150
                              • Jewelries: 3 Uncommons = Total: 156
                                • Level 2: 1 => 3
                                • Level 10: 2 => 6
                                • Level 22: 5 => 15
                                • Level 31: 7 => 21
                                • Level 40: 10 => 30
                                • Level 50: 12 => 36
                                • Level 60: 15 => 45
                              • Abilities: Total: 43 each ability => 903
                                • 1 --> 2 = 3
                                • 2 --> 3 = 5
                                • 3 --> 4 = 10
                                • 4 --> 5 = 25
                              • Reforges: at least 1,000

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Working...
                              X