Help me beat trial70 ANB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me beat trial70 ANB

Hey everyone. I need your help beating trial 70. Right now I have just under 2hrs play time left, so it isn't panic mode yet. I really want that celestial item.

I can get to Kara with enough time and I understand the basic strategy to beat her, but she just tears me down quick and I am avoiding the swords. I really don't know what is is damaging me. Death within 20 seconds I'd guess.

I am using a mage@CL220.
    345k dmg
    115k toughness
    6500 recovery

I am using 4 arcanist pieces and 2 adventure pieces but I have also tried 4 arcanist/2 appreciate as well.

I am hoping it is a matter of adjusting a CL bonus stat like life on hit/life/armor. I really don't know I have failed several times not even coming close so I don't want to keep burning time.

So if you have any suggestions I will try them. Thanks in advance for your time.

Not a mage expert but I'd try swapping the 2 adventurer pieces for the apprentice ones so you get the shield bubble and then also try to get some more LOH as yours is rather low for tl 70.

Comment

With the amount of toughness you have, you should be fine. I did Kara 85 with 100k toughness.

1. Time your movement to avoid her normal attacks.
      2. Stay close to Kara so she doesn't use the fan attacks.
      3. Lure the minions into your Immolate area of effect (if you have 6 Apprentice set. Otherwise, lure them close enough and spam both Blizzard and Singularity on them.
      4. Kill those minions as quickly as possible so they do not buff Kara.
      5. Step away from her arrow attacks. Do not blink away as the arrows will kill your blink spawns, unless it's too late to step away.
      ​​​​​​
      Hope with these tips will help you beat Kara. Do watch videos of people fighting Kara and maybe you can learn from them. Also do practise fighting Kara with your main character using the tips above and you should be fine.
      Last edited by Sanctum; 03-05-2019, 04:44 AM.
      YOCU REGO JASE 0953
      Sanctum

Top 10 Mage on Active Leaderboard
      T135 Regalia, T132 Apprentice

Top 10 in ANB 4
      Top 25 in ANB 5

Comment

If you can post a screenshot of your stat page, people could give more specific advise. At your numbers, it should be doable, but not all numbers are created equal. If your getting your toughness from a shield or a bunch of dodge rating, it won't help nearly as much as pure vitality. Dying very quickly as you describe is most likely low HP total, but you also have to make sure you kill her minions ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Blakk View Post
          Hey everyone. I need your help beating trial 70. Right now I have just under 2hrs play time left, so it isn't panic mode yet. I really want that celestial item.

I can get to Kara with enough time and I understand the basic strategy to beat her, but she just tears me down quick and I am avoiding the swords. I really don't know what is is damaging me. Death within 20 seconds I'd guess.

I am using a mage@CL220.
          345k dmg
          115k toughness
          6500 recovery

I am using 4 arcanist pieces and 2 adventure pieces but I have also tried 4 arcanist/2 appreciate as well.

I am hoping it is a matter of adjusting a CL bonus stat like life on hit/life/armor. I really don't know I have failed several times not even coming close so I don't want to keep burning time.

So if you have any suggestions I will try them. Thanks in advance for your time.
          Two things: first you can farm Apprentice by dropping back to TL55 or so and work your way back up. That'll give you more CL pts. I think TL 65 and up may be short on set gears.

Second, if you really find Kara tough (e.g.) you can be the previous level (TL69) by 3 minutes and jump over TL70. You still have to cement that TL71, tho.
          FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

It depends actually in what skill you manage to pull. If I were in your shoes though given you have 1.5 hours left I will:
            1. Buy an experience booster and do another 30 min quick exp farming run on a level you can finish within 2-3 mins (Between trial 40~50). You have been trying TL70 so I assume you can take levels between those at ease. If you have a decent exp boost, like 1500% after using the booster, you'll gain 80 to 100 CL more (depending how fast you do it).
            2. I will check on my skills and be patient to wait up a bit to level it up. (If ever I did go mage, I would've chosen Frost Bolt, Arc Lightning, Frost Beam, Blizzard and Singularity). That is not the norm but that would actually help you pulverize Kara while she stands there with Frost Beam. Since you are using Arcanist, I take that you used Arcane bolts. So be it. Try to level it up first, on top of singularity and blizzard.
            3. Take the 2 apprentice set over adventurer. You need the bubble for extra toughness. And take whatever loot you will get while farming Exp. I assume some pieces will drop? And I assume you kept some apprentice piece too? The goal is to complete it (provided you lvl up your Immolation).
            4. Hopefully you'll get lucky to get the pieces you need if not, stick with 2 Apprentice, 4 Arcanist. If you happen to have a Mukraiser, use that over Deidre. That will take care of Karas flying knives.
            5. Gems. Watch videos using your other char. You should have another right? Get those gems. If you do purchases, that's a lot better but I assume you don't (cause you don't need to anyway just to get TL 70).
            You didn't give any specifics, so that is all for now.
            Mobile Player
            Altheo (M) ¦ Eijol (DW) ¦ Ratot (BH)

Comment

Dont try beat Kara at T70, Get frost beam lvl6+ singularity and blizard to 7+ and kill garm at T69 fast enough untill u skip T70 and than finish T71 I always skip Kara on higher Trials

Comment

Originally posted by Kedaver View Post
                Dont try beat Kara at T70, Get frost beam lvl6+ singularity and blizard to 7+ and kill garm at T69 fast enough untill u skip T70 and than finish T71 I always skip Kara on higher Trials
                Opposite than warrior ;-) Do everything to skip Garm and go straight to Kara :-)
                SELI QUHA LAPU 4647

Comment

Originally posted by Piotr Składzień View Post

Opposite than warrior ;-) Do everything to skip Garm and go straight to Kara :-)
                  Yea I know) For mage Kara is worse For Warrior Garm for BH I guess something in the middle -)

Comment

Yea I know) For mage Kara is worse For Warrior Garm for BH I guess something in the middle -)
                    probably Elban ;-)
                    SELI QUHA LAPU 4647

Comment

Best thing to beat Kara as a mage:

Get a Mukraiser. The weapon's minions act as a meatshield so you can stand safe in 1 spot. On main i killed 105 Kara with same strat.

Comment

Originally posted by Crk View Post
                        Best thing to beat Kara as a mage:

Get a Mukraiser. The weapon's minions act as a meatshield so you can stand safe in 1 spot. On main i killed 105 Kara with same strat.
                        yea I know about mulk but still better just skip her and dont bother) but yeah, Mulk helps alot against her

Comment

And fight Magroth? Magroth is the hardest boss for me to fight. I try to skip Magroth after TL10. In order of difficulty Magroth > TBD > Elban > Garm > Kara (if I have Mukraiser). Without a Mukraiser, Kara is tougher for me to beat than Elban.

Comment

Originally posted by mousse View Post

And fight Magroth? Magroth is the hardest boss for me to fight. I try to skip Magroth after TL10. In order of difficulty Magroth > TBD > Elban > Garm > Kara (if I have Mukraiser). Without a Mukraiser, Kara is tougher for me to beat than Elban.
                            dont push trial untill u get lvl70, lvl eazy to farm in CoW (Canyon of Whispers act 2 ) u can get there in like max 30 min and with onw 100% Exp boost + blue rings with exp boost every 10 levels u can lvl up ur character till lvl 70 for 30 min just kill first and second group of mobs and abbadon till u get lvl70. Than u probably will boost ur trials till T39 easy with all rewards and e-jewel

Comment

Originally posted by mousse View Post

Btw later on u will find out that all 4 bosses exept Kara are very easy for mage.(Check on youtube or ask in discord or find info here on forums I guess somewhere in Guides section --Mages Guide Vs All Bosses--)
                              But u always should pick for Vit and Life Reg On Hit on ur necklace cuz it helps alot in early pushing and end game survaivability
                              Last edited by Kedaver; 03-07-2019, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X