ANBs are COMPLETE P2W. Proof inside!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANBs are COMPLETE P2W. Proof inside!

*DISCLAIMER**DISCLAIMER**DISCLAIMER**DISCLAIMER**D ISCLAIMER**DISCLAIMER**DISCLAIMER**DISCLAIMER**DIS CLAIMER**DISCLAIMER*

This is not supposed to be negative post in any way. If anything, I'm writing this to show some of you, that there is no excuse for you, not to be up there in the leaderboards, playing the game for free. So, to answer the most obvious question in the topics name : No, they aren't. They aren't pay to win. And if you have to spend 10.000 gems to get to Trial 90 for your double celestial, then you suck at the game. :]

First off, I'm very new to Eternium. I'm nowhere near the knowledge and skill level of people on top of the leaderboards. I've got a very limited knowledge about Trial maps and layouts. I struggle hard on leveling from 1-70. I'm sure there are people 1000% faster and more efficient than me when it comes to first few levels, yet I got myself to trial 90 in about ~4.5 hours of my silver timer, cleaning the map comfortably on 1st try with a time around 7 minutes.

Since then, I bought 2x 200% xps and farmed. with about 3.3 hours left on my timer, I cleared TL95 and got myself 2 more exp boosters as rewards which I used to get myself to CL 900 ish, farming TL80s in or under 2 minutes/run.

Note: Ive been using +XP on all ephemeral jewelry.

I crafted myself 2 "push rings" and progressed myself to TL100 for the extra 3x EXP/goldgem boosts, pic attached. I've still got about 1.3 hours left on my timer. I plan to use 2boosters (1 hour) rushing through probably TL85s and then trying to push for 102/103 in last 30 minutes.

To the main question. HOW MUCH DID YOU SPEND to get to TL90? ~ 2.6k gems.
    I legit spent most of the gems just on getting from lvl 1-70
    I started of by buying 3x exp boosters (600gems)
    I got myself 100k gold (200gems)
    unlocked all ability slots, 2 companions slots and 1 ability upgrade slot. I wish I remembered the exact prices of that but I assume around ( 1200 gems ?? )
    All that just to get me to lvl 70. Complete 1.5 hours of struggle
    After that I bought 2 more 200% boosters and thats pretty much it.
    Oh probably reforged couple of pieces of gear. 100gems extra.

Important thing to say is that I got my 2 Celestials in HALF the time given to me. You definitely dont need that many gems to reach TL90 in 6 hours, nor 9/12 hours.

Want 6 free celestials every league?
    Be efficient
    Be fast
    Be smart
    Play class thats easy to get you where you need to be ( at least during the league )
    Don't suck.

GL with rest of Silver and Gold league, folks.
    still about 1 hour 30 mins left on timer

Let me say a thing. Just a few words from me to get my frustration a little bit off about this topic. In the old ANB‘s, only a couple from us had the chance of getting celestial items. I got 3 for example.
    With the new ANB system, has everyone easily the chance of getting 1-2 celestials per league. So 3-6 in total. Again me for example: I needed about 3.000—3,500 and got 2 celestial in Bronze within 6 hours of playtime (and was in the Top20). So everyone should be happy, that we get celestials so easy.

To get a good rank on LB is maybe a bit p2w BUT you don‘t get that good prizes (only medals), when you compare it to earlier ANB‘s, where you were only able to achieve the celestial items, when you ended up at a spot of the Top100. 3 Celestials were only the prize for the Top25. And that‘s only 3..

Please, all of you „negativ thinking people“, rethink your thoughts of the p2w point when you know that facts.

Good luck to all of you in upcoming Events
    Last edited by Outlaw; 03-04-2019, 07:41 AM.
    XINU CILU GIXO 4320

Warrior: Outlaw - TL114 - Top 20
    Mage: Outlaw - TL119 - Top 20
    BH: Outlaw - TL118 - Top 50

Not english born, so sorry for bad grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post

Let me say a thing. Just a few words from me to get my frustration a little bit off about this topic. In the old ANB‘s, only a couple from us had the chance of getting celestial items. I got 3 for example....
      You're mistaken. There was a celestial awarded at trial 80 in past ANBs, but that's irrelevant anyway. Reward structure has nothing to do with the time limit, nor the P2W aspects. They could have just as easily changed the rewards in the previous format and it would actually make it easier. They could make celestial cubes drop like gold pieces for that matter.

But I give up. Not going to bother arguing anymore. You're all distracted by shiny things, just like they hoped you'd be. Hooray for trivialized celestials. Maybe we'll get lucky and the balance patch will change things so much we'll all need to replace our sets. That'll give us two more events before they need to think of something new, and a new way to make you pay for it.

I for one won't be making any more purchases until I see something to suggest they're changing direction. I just hope there's more of me than there are all of you.

Comment

Wow. I am at 3:57 on my timer and still can't pass tl 67 :-(
        SELI QUHA LAPU 4647

Comment

Originally posted by BardPitt View Post
          And if you have to spend 10.000 gems to get to Trial 90 for your double celestial, then you suck at the game. :]
          Ouch! Harsh, bro. I spent 5K gems (unlock everything and 2 Endars), but only reached TL80 during Bronze League and CL300. Silver League, I also spent 5K gems and have yet to reach TL70. Yeah, I suck at the game. But I play for fun. Silver has been less fun because I can't get any Apprentice gear (6 set chests and no Apprentice).
          In the Gold League, I'm gonna spend another 5K gems but won't bother trying to get a celestial. I'm gonna farm gold and jewelry and hopefully get at least one custom hailstorms with gold boosters. My BH is my gold farmer in my main account.

Comment

So I can tag myself in here as a dreadful player of this game, I have spent 15k gems over bronze and silver thus far and still haven't made Tl90. Even with 800CL, still can't do it. Saving 10k gems for gold league and going to try one last time.

Comment

That‘s sad to read how much gems some players spend, really.I just see what I and some other players reach in this type of Events - and everyone is doing good so far. I take the fact of celestials, because this cubes were the only reward that matters in previous ANB‘s. I even play ANB‘s just to get them. So I really don‘t know why it should be p2w. Maybe I‘m too stupid.

You don‘t need that amount of gems and time like before. It‘s a step away from p2w for me.
              You can earn much more celestials. It‘s a + for me, too.
              Some players, like in every game, will spend a ton of real money for the game, A few of this players will maybe get ranked higher in LB‘s, but they only earn medals, not the cubes. So a big + for me and a move in the right direction.

I‘m not a fanboy or something. At first, I was the first person who brought up the p2w thinking in this forum. But I was wrong and I‘m happy about that. Hopefully you all get better in upcoming Event‘s.

Edit: The only thing in this game I buy‘d by real cash was 2 times the 100daily gems.
              Last edited by Outlaw; 03-04-2019, 09:59 PM.
              XINU CILU GIXO 4320

Warrior: Outlaw - TL114 - Top 20
              Mage: Outlaw - TL119 - Top 20
              BH: Outlaw - TL118 - Top 50

Not english born, so sorry for bad grammar.

Comment

People complaing about p2w, even though this game is not p2w, need to remember the spenders keep the game funded so you can play the game.

Comment

BardPitt
                  what was your strategy for ability upgrades? I see that less than 72 hours in you’ve got all 10 and 9. Obviously from your description of your gameplay you got a lot of book drops, but early on what did you do?

Outside of the 100g a day which I think is good to support the company, I’ve only spent a little real money. I had about 38k gems going into bronze that I got just by playing and not spending, and I’m trying to learn from others how to spend as little as possible and do so wisely. I think I’m doing better in silver but I made a few dumb mistakes.

I’m finding that early mistakes are incrementally costly so anything you would be willing to share would be great.

Comment

What did you do for gear? I've had terrible luck with Assault drops so haven't been able to farm higher trials. Currently running 3 minute TL70 on CL 700ish, with only 2 hours remaining.

Aussie Warrior

MOQU LUQI JUZO 1838

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Pond View Post
                      BardPitt
                      what was your strategy for ability upgrades? I see that less than 72 hours in you’ve got all 10 and 9. Obviously from your description of your gameplay you got a lot of book drops, but early on what did you do?

Outside of the 100g a day which I think is good to support the company, I’ve only spent a little real money. I had about 38k gems going into bronze that I got just by playing and not spending, and I’m trying to learn from others how to spend as little as possible and do so wisely. I think I’m doing better in silver but I made a few dumb mistakes.

I’m finding that early mistakes are incrementally costly so anything you would be willing to share would be great.
                      I'd like to know too. My early game sucks and that just snowballs. I suspect the 100K gold is a key item. I'm curious if they're using it to buy weapons and gear from the trader early on or just rare ring early with P/XP H/XP thing.

I'm 3:30 left and only at TL65 and CL370ish. Totally was sucking air until about 4:00 left on the clock when i finally got a useable fourth piece of arcanist gear (pants) allowing me to craft a Rare apprentice helm and run a 4/2 arc/apprenticapprentice set. Shortly after got a legendary staff that buffed my damage by over 25%, thats how badly ive been wanting gear.
                      Last edited by NoSuchReality; 03-05-2019, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSuchReality View Post

I'd like to know too. My early game sucks and that just snowballs. I suspect the 100K gold is a key item. I'm curious if they're using it to buy weapons and gear from the trader early on or just rare ring early with P/XP H/XP thing.

I'm 3:30 left and only at TL65 and CL370ish.
                        Fendys walkthrough mentions buying gear as available from vendors prioritizing XP. This thread hints at the same. I suspect XP over damage is a key until the last push. That’s my plan for gold.

What I like about this setup is we get to try and fail three times and maybe get some good stuff while we’re at it.

Comment

Depends of your goal. RNG plays a huge part in that too. If all you want to do is get your first Celestial, then it's not P2W - you can do that without spending. If you want to get to Trial 90 and get that second Celestial, it's defintely part RNG, but perhaps some P2W. If you want to rank high on the LB...then yeah, it's P2W. But what do you expect? There a re different levels of rewards. You "pay" for what you want to get to. If you want to be top, be prepared to spend money, since that's what the top players do.

And for the record, I don't spend copious amounts of money. I have spent some, but not during events for events. That said, I get that I won't be top, and I'm OK with that cause I don't put the money in.

As someone else said...the developers have to get paid somehow...

Comment

Guys, support to the company via buying gems is of course great and well recommended. 100gems/ day is one of the most fair things Ive seen in free mobile games so far :>

Also, I'm not saying you are terrible at this, if you need to spend 5k/10k/15k. The truth is though, that to get your double celestial, you do not need it. I made the post to show people, that those on top of leader boards don't necesserily spend tens of thousands of gems. They are simply more efficient and better at the game. That's a fact. No matter if you spend 100k gems, you won't be top 10 unless you know what you're doing.

To answer your question, Bob. I didn't use gems to upgrade any of my main abilities, all upgrades are thanks to books. The higher the trial the better and more frequent book drops are. For instance, before pushing 90 I speed farm TL80. There is ~ 1x 3 hour book per run . At that time 1 run was around 3 minutes long. You get ~ 10x 3hour books + couple of 1hr/10mins every half an hour. You don't need your abilities to be level 10 to kill TL90. I did it with most abilities being around level 8.

About luck/unluck with drops of assault gear. It can be a struggle sometimes but then again, you don't need 6/6 bonus to speed farm like TL40. This time I dinged level 70 and kept every assault piece that dropped along the way. I believe I had 2 pieces of very low level assault I kept for when I needed the bonus. Generally though, after finishing level 70 I push TLs and find a trial that suits me. I like to spend maximum 3 minutes per run. I never go trials that would take me 5+ minutes to finish, unless Im progressing. For speed loot just find yourself a rift you can speed in 1,5-3 minutes and run that as your gear gets better and your CLs are going up, keep increasing Trial difficulty, never make it too difficult, that would only waste your time. If you can run 2 mins/run trials, keeping in mind 3 drops per run, thats 45 items/30 mins. Even if you are unlucky, it shouldn't take you THAT long to get your 6/6

Lastly, I use the gold I buy to craft myself rare q jewelry every once in a while. I randomly craft 6 uncommon rings and fuse them. Do this every 5/10 levels. Same for neck. I also use gold to craft myself weapon every once in a while. Uncommon quality is enough. Its only the damage that matters, anyway.
                            Last edited by BardPitt; 03-05-2019, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Speaking of RNG...I've got 2 hours left on my timer, farming TL 75, and _STILL_ have not gotten Assult Chest or Hands. Dang RNG.

Comment

Working...
                              X