Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salvaging unique and set items not rewarding MoTs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvaging unique and set items not rewarding MoTs?

Since ANB silver started, I can't get a single MOT from salvaging, not even from out-of-event characters. Is this a bug?

Good question but Mark of the Titan's are there from killing a boss. I tested maybe 10 runs from TL40-60 a couple days ago and got 4 MoTs.
    FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

That's correct, I even got a couple ones from random map chests. The problem I adress is specific to salvaging excess/unwanted unique gear and set items.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
        That's correct, I even got a couple ones from random map chests. The problem I adress is specific to salvaging excess/unwanted unique gear and set items.
        This came up in Bronze event as well. The best that I can figure is that MoTs even for legendary set gear that is under level 70 is either a very low probability or none at all. Once you start salvaging level 70 set pieces, the MoTs should appear more often.

Comment

Nope. Just salvaged 3 Level 70 set items, being 2 asssault pieces and 1 adventure. Not a single MoT from all of them, including those salvaged earlier today by main character (outside the event).

Comment

I take back part of what I said when I went looking in ANB Silver last night. 10+ runs and finally ONE MotS. Pretty slim pickings if you ask me.

Even worse was when I was trying, trying, trying to get a couple pieces of Apprentice gear for my TL69 mage. You might think that after that many runs, in Apprentice gear I'd have my choice but I had to make a crummy Blue/"rare" shoulder pads and a miserable L59 tunic. All of the set rewards from ANB Silver were Arcanist. Lotta help. As a result, my Mage is gonna be a little short of where he might be. What's with it Making Fun? Ease up on tight a** drops, please.
            FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Comment

You can search for a thread started by UmbraDei for quite a bit of data on salvaging set and unique gear to get Mark of the Titan.

Net net, we used to get approximately (on average) one MoT per each salvaged set or unique legendary level 70 piece of gear.

It is quite possible that within one of the updates recently, that this rate has been nerfed.

It takes a decent amount of runs and gears salvaged, in order to collect enough data to make a conclusion.

Perhaps one of the guilds admin by Wllly or Bart the warrior has some data from the most recent update(s).

​​​​​​​Or maybe Adrian (Developer) would be willing to let us know?
              VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

If there is nothing changed, it could be sub-80 trials? IIRC most of the datamining was from 80+.

Playing BH on PC in Silver League, I've done a good amount of crafting and still have 74 MoT left over.
                ​​

Comment

Most of Set items before TL 70 are only Epic, which have much lower rates for MoTs than Legendary from TL80+. Please give more information if you have salvaged epic or legendary ones before comparison.

Comment

So far, things are still the same as described above. Not a single MoT from salvaging surplus equipment in Silver League, and only about 6-7 found throughout the whole game so far (currently finished trial 80, and barely have enough MoTs for a pair of ring enchantments.

Also, I haven't played much outside the event these last few days, but I made a point to log my other heroes and salvage a bunch of old extras, just to make sure this wasn't an unnanounced, event-specific, feature. The salvaged stuff included named weapons and shields, gear from several different sets, for each of the 3 classes; most of it were Epics and Legendaries, and nearly all of them level 70, except perhaps for a couple Level 67+. Again, NOT A SINGLE Mark of Titans from salvaging the whole bunch.

My conclusions based on the evidence gathered so far are:
                    1- This CANNOT be explained by coincidence or bad luck;
                    2- drop chance for MoTs has been SEVERELY NERFED, or maybe even removed completely;
                    3- it has been done ON PURPOSE;
                    4- it afffects ALL CHARACTERS, both inside and outside the League; and
                    5- it MAY or MAY NOT be limited to the duration of the event.

Comment

So far, things are still the same as described above. Not a single MoT from salvaging surplus equipment in Silver League, and only about 6-7 found throughout the whole game so far (currently finished trial 80, and barely have enough MoTs for a pair of ring enchantments.

Also, I haven't played much outside the event these last few days, but I made a point to log my other heroes and salvage a bunch of old extras, just to make sure this wasn't an unnanounced, event-specific, feature. The salvaged stuff included named weapons and shields, gear from several different sets, for each of the 3 classes; most of it were Epics and Legendaries, and nearly all of them level 70, except perhaps for a couple Level 67+. Again, NOT A SINGLE Mark of Titans from salvaging the whole bunch.

2- drop chance for MoTs has been SEVERELY NERFED, or maybe even removed completely;
                      6. Just possibly MF wants you to visit Ruby and buy a stash of MotS? I noticed that my mains (I have two accts) both have a small pile of a dozen or so MotS.
                      FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Comment

TerryDarc, I am considering doing just that in order to get enough of a boost to hopefully reach Trial 90. That plus a box of essences which are also in short suplly to maybe finally get that RotS...
                        But if this was the developer's intention all along, then it should not apply to external characters. It should instead have been openly introduced as a feature specific to the Bronze/Silver/Gold League events, just like the playtime limits.

Comment

I can't dismiss the possibility that there is something about your situation preventing you from salvaging MoTs, but I can say it is not a unilateral nerf. I have received a total of 53 on my event character, without much high level farming. I haven't kept tracked of all my drops or anything, but from the eyeball test I'd say it's "normal". Checking on my non-event character just now, salvaging a single legendary adventurers pants:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	salv.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	129221
                          Then salvaged several other pieces one at a time, and got at least 1 MoT for each, with most giving 2. All of those items were from trial 94/95, not that I think it makes any difference. Checked some BH gear with my BH, and fine again. 1 epic and 1 legendary gave no MoTs, but 1 other epic and 5 or 6 other legendaries did, which is normal.

So if there's an issue, it is not game-wide. PC 1.3.43 at least appears fine. What platform and version are you on?

Comment

UPDATE: Something seems to have changed. I just salvaged about 20 rare/epic set items + 3 epic hailstorms and one green adventure shoulder pad. Got exactly 5 MoTs from this bunch, not in line with previous tests.

Comment

Originally posted by Buppy View Post
                              PC 1.3.43 at least appears fine. What platform and version are you on?
                              I'm on PC, not sure where the check the build though. Last updated right after current event started.

Comment

Working...
                              X