Using points in AR is useless, don't do it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using points in AR is useless, don't do it

Pretty pissed that so called experts leave guides without thoroughly testing them out. First they tell you you need 1500 AR....ehhh wrong. They tell you you need 1500 despite integralas mantle...ehhh wrong. After making 3 perfect perfect jewelry with AR, getting AR on my celestial items and then figuring out this is pure BS is pretty nerve wrecking. First of all, there is almost no difference between 1500 physical points in AR and just integralas mantle with AR in CL. The amount of cast you get are almost the same. Add a few hundred AR and you get a little bit extra cast speed but not even worth it.

The cast spelling does not change. There will be a few of you who will go "yeah it does you get 20 singularities per x amount of time and only 19 for x amount of time" and let me start off by saying thanks you created this mess and cost a lot of us time, money equipment etc. etc.

For all the points you put in AR to just get a very tiny amount of boost in spells, you SHOULD JUST PUT IN HASTE. Attack speed does far more than AR plus it adds A TON of DAMAGE. If you just use integralas mantle and AR from your CL and put all those points into haste and have a 7.4-7.5 APS + even more speed when using lightning, your spells recover FASTER, you do more damage and you get ALL the benefits of more CD, LoH, knock back etc. etc.

AR is a useless stat, I have tested this, test it for yourself if you don't believe me, wasting 1000 points into AR is a complete waste of stats. Take your 6.67 APS or whatever it is and put 1000 stat points in that and tell me which is better. Hell put just 300-500 more in and then the rest to power and tell me how much more damage you do with getting FASTER spell recovery at the same time.

The thing is, you follow all these guides, waste your time and money trying to get these items, just for them to be wrong or maybe even straight up lying and then you find out it's all trash and there is no way for you to at least get replacement items.

Don't listen to 99% of these fools or you will end up building your character wrong. Take my advice or you will regret it.

Which AR is enough in your opinion?
    left the game

Comment

All new potential strategies are of interest. It would be good to see your trial results with this logic so perhaps others could learn from your experience and see the results it got you.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewcb88 View Post
        Pretty pissed that so called experts leave guides without thoroughly testing them out. First they tell you you need 1500 AR....ehhh wrong. They tell you you need 1500 despite integralas mantle...ehhh wrong. After making 3 perfect perfect jewelry with AR, getting AR on my celestial items and then figuring out this is pure BS is pretty nerve wrecking. First of all, there is almost no difference between 1500 physical points in AR and just integralas mantle with AR in CL. The amount of cast you get are almost the same. Add a few hundred AR and you get a little bit extra cast speed but not even worth it.

The cast spelling does not change. There will be a few of you who will go "yeah it does you get 20 singularities per x amount of time and only 19 for x amount of time" and let me start off by saying thanks you created this mess and cost a lot of us time, money equipment etc. etc.

For all the points you put in AR to just get a very tiny amount of boost in spells, you SHOULD JUST PUT IN HASTE. Attack speed does far more than AR plus it adds A TON of DAMAGE. If you just use integralas mantle and AR from your CL and put all those points into haste and have a 7.4-7.5 APS + even more speed when using lightning, your spells recover FASTER, you do more damage and you get ALL the benefits of more CD, LoH, knock back etc. etc.

AR is a useless stat, I have tested this, test it for yourself if you don't believe me, wasting 1000 points into AR is a complete waste of stats. Take your 6.67 APS or whatever it is and put 1000 stat points in that and tell me which is better. Hell put just 300-500 more in and then the rest to power and tell me how much more damage you do with getting FASTER spell recovery at the same time.

The thing is, you follow all these guides, waste your time and money trying to get these items, just for them to be wrong or maybe even straight up lying and then you find out it's all trash and there is no way for you to at least get replacement items.

Don't listen to 99% of these fools or you will end up building your character wrong. Take my advice or you will regret it.
        You're welcome.

Comment

Been running 1000-1050 sheet AR for quite a while. I personally think 1500 INCLUDING IM, is way better use of stats for mage. Now BH is different. 2000-2500 AR with IM proc gives you insane survivability from SS spam

Comment

Originally posted by Never View Post
            Been running 1000-1050 sheet AR for quite a while. I personally think 1500 INCLUDING IM, is way better use of stats for mage. Now BH is different. 2000-2500 AR with IM proc gives you insane survivability from SS spam
            I would confirm this 100%.
            left the game

Comment

Imagine a Scatter Bh with less than 1500 AR doin trial 100 and etc etc..How many dodge dancing must I do?

I will die standing
              Whirlwind SW trial 128 in..9:218m....timin decrease a bit "like a snail"..well still with a few crap gears.. (PC only)

Comment

Guides are written based on someone's, or multiple players, experiences and what they found worked for them well enough that they decide to take the time to write up and share to the rest of the community. Going and calling the people who wrote them "fools" is a bit much!

Maybe we should all just remove all the existing guides and then you can go and figure out things for yourself without having to waste all of those time and money, as you put it...

Sorry to be extremely blunt, going through a bad week...
                Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 18 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:
                • Jewelry Guide (18 May 2019 - updated spreadsheet, v1.4.8; I'll update the stats in the guide later)

Comment

So I went into training grounds with my main Mage and did a quick test. My Mage has 7,00 Hits per second, Deidre's Resolve and an 29% 95 AR Integrals Mantle. I tested how may Singularities I could cast within 1 minute while just attacking with Arc Lightning. The Results were as follows:

(AR - %-Cooldown Reduction - # of Casts)
                  449 - 23% - 11 (just gear + Synergy + Tome-Enchantment)
                  849 - 36% - 14 (with CP)
                  1046 - 41% - 15 (with Amulet)
                  1270 - 46% - 16 (1. Ring)
                  1494 - 50% - 17 (2. Ring)

So those 1043 Points make a difference of about 6 Casts of Singularity. That is a lot! Keep in mind that Singularity triggers Immolate and RotS. In that last one I had 1,17 Immolate and 0,92 RotS procs per Arc Lightning cast, while in the first it were 0,81 and 0,60 respectively.
                  And btw. to reach 8,00 Hits per second I would need another 1875 Haste.

At lower levels that might be different though. If I remove 1000 Haste from my CP I end up with 5,75 Hits per second which is a pretty sizeable difference. Keep in mind that those endgame guides are written for players with CL closing in on the "maximum" of about 2200 - 2300.

Comment

I'll second Nhat . Calling those who have helped me get to where I am fools is a bit overboard.

As for you andrewcb88 , I myself tested out those guides too and 1 way or another adjusted it to what works for me. That is a guide and not a rule. A guide will walk you through until you are knowlegable enough to make it on your own. It does not promise anything nor guarantee output. But it lessen my time figuring out how things work in this game which bought me a lot of time to enjoy rather than figure what needs to be done.

I respect your opinion, but I have higher respect on those who put in things together aiming to help others.
                    Mobile Player
                    Altheo (M) ¦ Eijol (DW) ¦ Ratot (BH)

Comment

Originally posted by andrewcb88 View Post
                      This post will be considered trolling until you post leaderboard numbers on the first page.

Dyoma Crown
                      Dyoma Crown Total: 347

Mage: 119
                      Warrior (DW): 115
                      BH: 113

Warrior (SW): 112

Comment

Git Gud

Comment

So I highly respect anyone that takes the time to create a guide and do the math as well. You can't go calling people fools or completely dismissing guides. Firstly, they obviously work, just look at the TL of the people creating them. Even on my best day and with 2300 CL, I couldn't even touch those TL's.

Secondly, always better to come at peoples guides with an alternative, or an improvement or even a completely new approach. What would you say for example is a good % cool down reduction rate from AR? Let's not work on AR numbers, more cool down rate here?

Thirdly and this was mentioned above, what AR levels would you recommend for each class?

Comment

Originally posted by orion_134 View Post

This post will be considered trolling until you post leaderboard numbers on the first page.
                            Agree, an opinion not yet a fact. But then again everyone is free to do what they want and believe what they want to believe.
                            Mobile Player
                            Altheo (M) ¦ Eijol (DW) ¦ Ratot (BH)

Comment

May I ask if you play warrior as your main class? Cuz somehow it's true to me that it's not absolutely necessary to have 1500+ AR, I passed TL115+ with less than 1000 AR(about 40% Ability Cooldown Reduction), of course I've got IM for bonus AR. Especially when playing as DW(two swords) with 7.5+ AtkSpd, with Frenzy's speeding up bonus and BR's 1000 Haste, it helps reducing ability cooldown time alot.

I also play mage and BH sometimes, in these cases, 1500AR is actually quite good especially in TL110+. So what you've heard from those "experts" is not wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X