• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post

55% CD? You mean AR?
    55% cooldown reduction.

Comment

Don't know about other classes and builds but Assault BH need RF ready almost all the time else it's like *insert I guess I'll just die meme here*. That ain't gonna happen without all those points in AR. Tested that with 7.6 AS BH reducing AR to as low as possible (some 700ish).

Comment

One of my favorite quotes:

"As a general rule, it is wise not to feed the trolls on internet forums."

-Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I also saw on the internet that it was Lincoln who said, "99% of what you read on the internet is false."
          ZIWO WAWO QALE 0686
          CL1831 — Mobile only (iPad >>> Android phone)
          Dyoma’s Crown: 355

Hirza: Assault BH — XP farmer
          Sesuvi: ELR/GMC Mage — TL120
          Evicis: Defender/Blackguard Warrior — TL117
          Anrin: Assault/Tesla BH — TL118
          Sathena: Arcanist Mage — gold farmer

Comment

72.6% of all statistics are made up.

Comment

I thought it was higher, 74.2% I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                72.6% of all statistics are made up.
                Including this 1.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Spyclown View Post
                  In my experience 1500 AR on a Warrior with Integralas Mantel is to much. I am currently in the process or re-working my gear to lower my AR to the 1000-1200 range.
                  By "too much" do you mean that you would not use reforging gear, jewelry stats, or socketing purple gemstones to push AR higher than around 1200? I mostly push damage stats until around Trial 80, when the mobs get bigger and stronger and life stats become more important. My warrior's AR is 1440 with 49% cooldown reduction, but I am pushing well into the 90s in trials now. I feel like I get so much of my damage stats in trials from Shockwave that the more often I can cast that ability the better off I will be. What stats are you swapping in to replace the AR that you are giving up?

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post

By "too much" do you mean that you would not use reforging gear, jewelry stats, or socketing purple gemstones to push AR higher than around 1200? I mostly push damage stats until around Trial 80, when the mobs get bigger and stronger and life stats become more important. My warrior's AR is 1440 with 49% cooldown reduction, but I am pushing well into the 90s in trials now. I feel like I get so much of my damage stats in trials from Shockwave that the more often I can cast that ability the better off I will be. What stats are you swapping in to replace the AR that you are giving up?
                    So... I was running 48% (1388) AR. Recently I made a new neck piece to lower my AR to 43% (1118). I did try to reforge a celestial piece from AR to power. The RNG did not work in my favor and ended up scraping that celestial piece and making a new one....

I did this basing around Integralas Mantle. My particular cape has a 29% chance to gain 97 ability rate and stacks up to 5 times.

Running a hit rate of 8.0 theoretically my stacks from the cape will be pretty well maxed all the time.

When maxed; we can take my base AR of 1118 and add (97 x 5) 485 = equating to 1603 AR.

1603 AR is still to much leaving me some wiggle room to change a few things if I feel the need.
                    To my knowledge 1500 / 50% ability rate is max before diminishing returns.

I haven't played to much since I made the new piece but I saw/felt no difference in my cool downs despite having a lower base ability rating.

I am trying to break into trial 115 at the moment and removed AR from one neck and replaced it with Vitality.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyclown View Post

So... I was running 48% (1388) AR. Recently I made a new neck piece to lower my AR to 43% (1118). I did try to reforge a celestial piece from AR to power. The RNG did not work in my favor and ended up scraping that celestial piece and making a new one....

I did this basing around Integralas Mantle. My particular cape has a 29% chance to gain 97 ability rate and stacks up to 5 times.

Running a hit rate of 8.0 theoretically my stacks from the cape will be pretty well maxed all the time.

When maxed; we can take my base AR of 1118 and add (97 x 5) 485 = equating to 1603 AR.

1603 AR is still to much leaving me some wiggle room to change a few things if I feel the need.
                      To my knowledge 1500 / 50% ability rate is max before diminishing returns.

I haven't played to much since I made the new piece but I saw/felt no difference in my cool downs despite having a lower base ability rating.

I am trying to break into trial 115 at the moment and removed AR from one neck and replaced it with Vitality.
                      Thanks for the information! The vitality boost makes sense. I am already feeling the need to boost vitality, so I am probably not too far behind you in needing to start thinking about changes that are needed at the next level. Are you running Endurance or Tough as Nails?

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post

Are you running Endurance or Tough as Nails?
                        I flip flop back and forth - I don't notice a huge difference in using one over the other.

Comment

If your LoH is too low, more armor will help mitigate it.

This said, Warriors base armor value starts off pretty high into the diminishing returns you get from adding armor. Once you have alot of V (ie Celestials) , Armor gets more interesting.
                          Last edited by Trouble; 03-30-2019, 12:22 AM.

Comment

This was semi troll/semi truth. Just wanted to get the convo started. I am pissed off that I wasted all the time, effort and yes, real life money. I noticed this first in the gold ticket tournament when the top player had zero AR and like trial 115. I decided to test this out with multiple enemies in TG. It's very easy to test, if you have IM, just remove all your other AR gear and use your CL to adjust your haste. Don't add any into power since you aren't testing damage and it gives you a ton of points for haste.

With IM and the AR from CL, just use lightning and see how many spells you can cast, I used singularity and blizzard. With the same APS, my spell cooldown was 1 less singularity and blizzard in a 20 second span.

I repeated this 6 times and got the exact same results every time. I added 1 AR ring which was 271 and from there they were the same. I don't know how much more AR it would take to make them the same. I am sure SOME AR will be beneficial but only a very tiny amount. I want to say I tried a piece with 90 AR and it came out the same

So 2 things need to be addressed:

Does IM effect alacrity? It is always stated 1500 AR is the max you need for 30% alacrity but they always say that excludes IM.

Why does that exclude IM? Is 2000 AR really 30% alacrity since a perfect IM gives 500 AR? What is it?

Also, does alacrity decelerate? Such as 500AR 15% alacrity, 1000AR 25% and 1500AR 30%.

I think it does work like that, the limit is 1500 and IM DOES effect it. Meaning if you had a perfect IM with 500AR plus the other 590 mentioned above you've grabbed almost all the 30% you can get. If you wanted to max it you would have to add 410 AR stats.

So this would save you 410 stats. But everyone has been making their builds as in needing 1500 actual stats so they have been adding 910 stats into AR.

That's 910 stats, almost ALL imo wasted.

Just go to TG and try it and see the huge difference yourself. Remove all AR but IM and 100 from book(you might have some more AR if you have it on your gear but you will get the idea) and jack all 910 points into haste by removing your power stats from CL, make sure to add the 910 to your current haste amount in CL. Then return it back to your normal APS and put your gear back on and test it with all that useless AR gear. It's not a minor thing, it's a huge difference. Not just in cast, but in damage, procs, LoH etc. etc. Think about how much MORE damage your singularities would be doing and how many MORE times you would be procing?

This is a FACT, not my "opinion". It can be tested very easy and has been tested. 1500 AR is the biggest waste of stats and completely wasted my time and money on this.

Comment

Out of combat time, where you are not attacking and getting alacrity, is a thing. As is time spent running and kiting.

I submit that if you are already at or above 7 attacks/second, and forgoing AR, stacking your extra 1000 points into Power will be better for both basic attack dps, and definitely your spells, depending on how far into Haste diminishing returns you are.
                              Last edited by Trouble; 03-30-2019, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
                                Out of combat refresh rate, where you are not attacking and getting alacrity, is a thing.

I submit that if you are already at or above 7 attacks/second, and forgoing AR, stacking your extra 1000 points into Power will be better for both basic attack dps, and definitely your spells, depending on how far into Haste diminishing returns you are.
                                I prefer: 7 AS for Mage, 7.50-8.00 for BH and 8.00 for Warrior. Thats what I'm running.
                                The more AS you have, the more RotS triggers you get. I am always less in my average damage because I use more points in haste than I should use, when I would maximise my damage. I think it's better, but sadly RotS don't get counted in average damage.
                                left the game

Comment

Working...
                                X