Using points in AR is useless, don't do it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO

BR is typically used with 2J+4A SW builds, from what I've seen. Shield Block is seen as a massive DPS loss, and shines the most with Defender set.

BR's 1000 haste is really only 0.75-1.5 attacks/second, depending on where you're at. Diminishing returns from Haste are painful. The major offset you do gain from BR is the boss fight; your archer companions are most likely dead, and BR helps keep your AS at acceptable levels.

This is where the AR debate for Warrior should really be, because the boss fight is really all that matters. What uptime % for BR do you need to function, and how many attributes can you afford to sacrifice to get there?

Comment

Originally posted by hades0505 View Post
      Also, the "AR-sweet spot" might/should differ from PC to mobile, as on PC the mechanics are basically smashing 3 buttons in the right order (sometimes not even that).
      Having all of your skills on an effective 1-2 second cooldown is worth it on a PC where you can mash buttons with ease. On mobile, this is often faster than you can make gestures, and seeing your screen is hindered by your hand frantically drawing symbols... Your hand makes a better door than a window!

Comment

[QUOTE=Coda: Like Mark Twain said...

[/QUOTE]

...another way to look at it is: "When a wise man and an idiot argue, a bystander cannot tell which is which."

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
          IMO

BR is typically used with 2J+4A SW builds, from what I've seen. Shield Block is seen as a massive DPS loss, and shines the most with Defender set.

BR's 1000 haste is really only 0.75-1.5 attacks/second, depending on where you're at. Diminishing returns from Haste are painful. The major offset you do gain from BR is the boss fight; your archer companions are most likely dead, and BR helps keep your AS at acceptable levels.

This is where the AR debate for Warrior should really be, because the boss fight is really all that matters. What uptime % for BR do you need to function, and how many attributes can you afford to sacrifice to get there?
          BR can stack iirc

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
            Before 800 you want P/H/XP on everything piece you can get, much more than CR, CD, or AR.
            Ah, I see. Thanks for the tip. This will be very helpful during ANB events since I have never top CL800 during any event. I've been crafting CD and CR into every empherical thus far (CD/CR/H/P on every piece). The next ANB, I'll replace CD and CR with something else.

Comment

Originally posted by mousse View Post

Ah, I see. Thanks for the tip. This will be very helpful during ANB events since I have never top CL800 during any event. I've been crafting CD and CR into every empherical thus far (CD/CR/H/P on every piece). The next ANB, I'll replace CD and CR with something else.
              Just keep in mind CD/CR are still very desirable stats. My experiences have shown me that neglecting power and haste can lead to extreme frustration. CR and CD are worthless without power and enough attacks/second.

Comment

For mage, having 0 points in AR is basically the sweet spot. I noticed this in the gold ticket challenge when the top player had 0 AR. If all those points were used in haste and some into power, this would boost the **** out of singularities damage. If you had 7.5 APS + the 5% for AL with the extra damage you get from haste and power it would be like having a new character. The procs would be insane. If I removed my AR and added enough points for 7.5 APS and rest power I think singularity would easily do at least 50% damage. If you are doing 40B per at your trial level there is no reason it shouldn't go up to 60B with that much speed and power added. Then the procs would do 20-30% more damage and they do about half of what singularity does so from 20B to 30B. I say get your AR to 990(1 piece with 90AR) and with a IM you are around not the 1500 but 50%. 50% cool down is actually a little lower than 1500. You can figure out the exact amount by just adding 1 point into AR through CL until you get to 50% and see your total AR. For example, when I am going for a exact APS, I get close to it and then add in haste through CL 1 point at a time. When you get to say 6.99 APS, it can take 4 or so CL points. So how I see it also is you are wasting points if you are not at the exact CR and AR that it takes to get to your desired amount because it might cost 15 or so points for it to actually move up.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewcb88 View Post
                  Pretty pissed that so called experts leave guides without thoroughly testing them out. First they tell you you need 1500 AR....ehhh wrong. They tell you you need 1500 despite integralas mantle...ehhh wrong. After making 3 perfect perfect jewelry with AR, getting AR on my celestial items and then figuring out this is pure BS is pretty nerve wrecking. First of all, there is almost no difference between 1500 physical points in AR and just integralas mantle with AR in CL. The amount of cast you get are almost the same. Add a few hundred AR and you get a little bit extra cast speed but not even worth it.

The cast spelling does not change. There will be a few of you who will go "yeah it does you get 20 singularities per x amount of time and only 19 for x amount of time" and let me start off by saying thanks you created this mess and cost a lot of us time, money equipment etc. etc.

For all the points you put in AR to just get a very tiny amount of boost in spells, you SHOULD JUST PUT IN HASTE. Attack speed does far more than AR plus it adds A TON of DAMAGE. If you just use integralas mantle and AR from your CL and put all those points into haste and have a 7.4-7.5 APS + even more speed when using lightning, your spells recover FASTER, you do more damage and you get ALL the benefits of more CD, LoH, knock back etc. etc.

AR is a useless stat, I have tested this, test it for yourself if you don't believe me, wasting 1000 points into AR is a complete waste of stats. Take your 6.67 APS or whatever it is and put 1000 stat points in that and tell me which is better. Hell put just 300-500 more in and then the rest to power and tell me how much more damage you do with getting FASTER spell recovery at the same time.

The thing is, you follow all these guides, waste your time and money trying to get these items, just for them to be wrong or maybe even straight up lying and then you find out it's all trash and there is no way for you to at least get replacement items.

Don't listen to 99% of these fools or you will end up building your character wrong. Take my advice or you will regret it.
                  What trial are you?
                  just curious.
                  Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
                  Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
                  see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
                  and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
                  It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

It works for me.
                    i wouldn't out any more into AR because of my physical limitations of being able to cast.
                    I would accept more haste if it came from somewhere, more for the recovery point than anything at this stage.

But I wouldn't choose power. The stats I have now no matter what an increase in CR or CD gets a higher return for the same number of points in that much power does whenever you just crank the basic numbers and average them out.
                    of course at that point I'm working on the law of averages but it is a law of averages.

Pretty much anything below trial 80 though I pump power and haste. That's typically higher the higher players get to the high trials early in an event.
                    But things really kind of switch up especially after about 110. just seems like no matter how many regular attacks you put out you just don't see any damage from it. And you end up doing pretty much everything you can to pump out specials.

Obviously it's going to vary depending on your class, personal play style and capabilities, and trial level. I got stuck at event once because I had too much AR for my CL, couldn't make up for the lack of power.

there's been several theory crafted alternate builds but I get to see any of them really rank high on the overall boards... Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-04-10-03-14-05.png
Views:	434
Size:	258.5 KB
ID:	132352Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-04-10-03-12-15.png
Views:	394
Size:	336.6 KB
ID:	132353Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-04-10-03-14-20.png
Views:	390
Size:	331.2 KB
ID:	132354

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...

Comment

Just did some number crunching

Current set up:
                      Cool down on rapid fire just under 5 seconds
                      8.1+(7/5)=9.5

​​​​​​Plus AR improves alacrity. It's linear to 1500 which is why they say 1500, for optimizing. After that finishing returns.

Used optimizer took off gear blah blah.

Moving 1500 points of AR to haste:
                      9.77+(7/17)=10.18 attacks per second.

So I gain .68 attacks per second
                      Which is actually LESS due to the alacrity change.

Add in the loss of damage from the buffs you get from rapid fire and smoke screen.
                      And the double casting rate of snipe.
                      Loss of having dodge bonus twice as often.

And the crowd control?
                      All for attacks that individually do almost no visible damage at my trials?
                      1500 power might be more worth it, but you still time out. It's why stalker doesn't perform as well as assualt.
                      I have a stalker set that gets me above 3M sheet. I can't complete trial 104 because I run out of TIME just waiting to kill trash mobs while I attack nonstop.

Also, not sure when you started as meta has changed since the release of Garm and Kara. But used to BH always went for ~1700+ AR because of:

Even with +1500 haste AND power I don't think a zero AR BH can match that. Being an to shut down every boss for constant DPS is worth more than dealing DOUBLE the damage half the time while doing and risking attacks.

edit: retard moment, running the quick check I removed gear which includes assault set bonus of 50% so...
                      9.77+(7/7.5)=10.7
                      1.2 increase
                      Still not worth my double to smoke screens and double the Snipes
                      ​​​​​
                      Last edited by Cultusfit; 04-10-2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyclown View Post
                        Whats this balance patch you speak of? Any info yet?
                        It's supposed to be coming soon (no "™").

Comment

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                          72.6% of all statistics are made up.
                          There is a book, "How To Lie with Statistics". I think it is required reading by all political parties... :-)

Comment

There was a statistician that drowned crossing a river... It was 3 feet deep on average
                            Honest playin with Low end Pc
                            Nice Story Mode Indeed: Thank You
                            Season Pack 2? start all over again? awesome!!!
                            Let's play

Comment

There are 3 kinds of lies:
                              lies,
                              damn lies,
                              and
                              statistics.
                              VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Working...
                              X