Mark of Titan- salvaging higher yields

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark of Titan- salvaging higher yields

I'm not a math guy and can't explain this in those terms. But, I have noticed that if you salvage set/named items as one batch you will yield a higher rate of return on MOTs. I've experimented by having just set and unique items and salvaging them as a batch. And then I have loaded up with set/unique items and left just one regular item in the batch and it yielded a lower amount. If you salvage just only set/unique items you'll get the number of items or greater in mark of Titans. Here are a few pictures to show my point.

Sorry if this was discussed but I only found essence farming posts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20190405-145012_Eternium.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	132371

Name:	SmartSelect_20190405-145038_Eternium.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	132372

And then

Name:	SmartSelect_20190410-074243_Eternium.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	132373

Name:	SmartSelect_20190410-074321_Eternium.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	132374
    Mobile only, Android Samsung Note 8 Pie OS

RNG based off based off your perk for double salvage.

Comment

My crafting level is only 33. My percentage to get double is pretty low. Is the percentage applied per item or against the batch as a whole? I guess if the percentage chance to get double is calculated with each item processed then that could explain things better. Just I'm thinking 16.5% is so low that I should see the rate of return fluctuate as I process these batches. I'm either very lucky with the RNG or I haven't seen a double return yet? I'm just guessing at this point. I'll keep doing batches and watch for a fluctuation in the yield acquired. I've salvaged about 10 batches so far since last week and each has given me this yield so far. I'm open for answers that would explain it. Just seems odd that I would be hitting double yield so much.

Name:	SmartSelect_20190410-103731_Eternium.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	132384

Comment

Originally posted by Cmptrwhz View Post
        I guess if the percentage chance to get double is calculated with each item processed then that could explain things better. Just I'm thinking 16.5% is so low that I should see the rate of return fluctuate as I process these batches.
        I think that you are right to assume that the chance of rolling a MoT is calculated based on each item processed, which makes the return higher for a batch of set gear over just a single piece (i.e., more chances to roll a double bonus). I saw similar advice from FendyBt2 that the return of MoTs is better when you salvage everything as a batch instead of just salvaging one piece at a time. I occasionally salvage a set piece and get no MoTs and other times I get 2 MoTs, but mostly I just get one MoT per set piece. I am thinking that the batch method looks better than just salvaging individual pieces, at least psychologically...

Comment

...so is there any way to trade 10,000 silver ore for one Mark of Titan? I am willing to do that! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
            ...so is there any way to trade 10,000 silver ore for one Mark of Titan? I am willing to do that! :-)
            Or to sell crafting materials which we don't need, because we simply have too much of them
            left the game

Comment

I'd belive it.
              im sure there is RNG
              And I'm sure having multiple salvage at once helps your perks appear to give better results. But ignoring psychological and that:

We know that there is some type of input for the RNG.
              We know higher levels and qualities give more in return. Since set items can have different levels and quality I'm sure a level legendary gives MORE than a epic and level 70 more than 65.

As with jewelery we know there are internal decimals, and rounding happens in the game at times is often performed so...

Presuming those things are somehow broken into a number, and then I'll add it up and fed into the RNG with a giving more Mark of The Titans with the higher number.
              And we presume that it possibly has decimals involved....

7.3 rounds to 7
              7+7+7+7=28
              But depending on set up,
              7.3+7.3+7.3+7.3=29.3=29

There isn't a ton of ways to effect a greater result from higher quality materials. Having a system that gives better based on a number you get from those materials. You can process each number or you can put them toghtoge and then process put in or a different formula for each is about it...and some variations/combinations of those.
              Last edited by Cultusfit; 04-11-2019, 12:22 PM.
              Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
              Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
              see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
              and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
              It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post
                I'd belive it.
                im sure there is RNG
                And I'm sure having multiple salvage at once helps your perks appear to give better results. But ignoring psychological and that:

We know that there is some type of input for the RNG.
                We know higher levels and qualities give more in return. Since set items can have different levels and quality I'm sure a level legendary gives MORE than a epic and level 70 more than 65.

As with jewelery we know there are internal decimals, and rounding happens in the game at times is often performed so...

Presuming those things are somehow broken into a number, and then I'll add it up and fed into the RNG with a giving more Mark of The Titans with the higher number.
                And we presume that it possibly has decimals involved....

7.3 rounds to 7
                7+7+7+7=28
                But depending on set up,
                7.3+7.3+7.3+7.3=29.3=29

There isn't a ton of ways to effect a greater result from higher quality materials. Having a system that gives better based on a number you get from those materials. You can process each number or you can put them toghtoge and then process put in or a different formula for each is about it...and some variations/combinations of those.
                Very well thought out it makes sense to me

Comment

Working...
                X