Waiting to go home!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting to go home!

Is it really necessary to have 10 sec time gap between casting and appearing of the Home portal during the middle of a gameplay?

I fail to see what this change is going to bring about in the game.

This delay does seem to be inordinate. My speculation is that such things as your platform, WiFi speed, and the frame rate of your device might all contribute to that. I suspect that there should be no latency from the point of view of the program to spawn the portal. If all these things are at the optimum, maybe you have identified a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
      This delay does seem to be inordinate. My speculation is that such things as your platform, WiFi speed, and the frame rate of your device might all contribute to that. I suspect that there should be no latency from the point of view of the program to spawn the portal. If all these things are at the optimum, maybe you have identified a bug.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190412_020635.jpg Views:	0 Size:	143.5 KB ID:	132467

Everything is fine as it is and it is definitely not a bug. The "Casting Town portal" sign wasn't there before and it took 10 sec for the portal to appear (i counted it on my watch).
      Last edited by Deepz; 04-11-2019, 08:41 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Happens instantly for me, no waiting.

Comment

Seems to have been changed in 1.3.46 - I'm getting the delay as well (on Android). Another "exploit fix" I'm guessing...
          Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Thanks for the new version 1.3.46 on pc.. hv a great time playin with this new version with my low end pc...gaming seems smooth light and easy....nice
            Warrior - DW Trial 110 -Matrempit -7:57 (PC only -AS 8 & Deadly Throw against Kara work wonders)
            Mage (Arcanist) Trial 80 -7:22
            BH (Assault) -Trial 103 -9:37 (PC only)

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
              Seems to have been changed in 1.3.46 - I'm getting the delay as well (on Android). Another "exploit fix" I'm guessing...
              Boosters continue to count down. Any movement stops the casting. Abandon is still instant.

Wow, if town portal exploit I'm thinking of warranted patching cuz people actually used it, I might be fine letting the exploiters live in the self inflicted hell they're making the game for themselves.

Comment

If the change is done to combat any exploit then its ok i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepz View Post
                  If the change is done to combat any exploit then its ok i guess.
                  I agree especially since reading another post around here and understanding a little of why, plus I don't honestly get the need for the town portal anyway. It is not like any of the drops disappear during a level if you are light on inventory. Abandon level still works if you genuinely just want to abandon.

Comment

Working...
                  X