Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's this "Animatronic Abomination" that briefly appears everytime I return home at the end of a map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shade Glow
    replied
    The picture next to the health bar is the same as the menu icon at the lower right corner of the screen. I wonder if Animatronic Abomination is the developer's nickname for the updated menu which was released with the hometown.

Leave a comment:

• starshine531
    replied
    I've seen this animatronic abomination health bar too. Looks like it's only the first time to town after finishing a level as someone else said. Doesn't seem to matter which story level or trial it is. I am using an android phone. Galaxy S5 Active.
    I wonder why it shows up.

Leave a comment:

• lmcelhiney
    replied
    Interestingly, I notice various anomalies on my Android or PC versions (which I rarely use because of the low frame rate). But on my iPad Pros (2016 - 60 frames per second and 2018 - 120 frames per second), I see none of this.

Leave a comment:

• MarkHark
    replied
    Originally posted by XtinctionEvent6 View Post
    Might want to post this also in the Bug Reports forum.
    Just did

Leave a comment:

• XtinctionEvent6
    replied
    Might want to post this also in the Bug Reports forum.

Leave a comment:

• MarkHark
    replied
    Originally posted by yaddab View Post
    Something weird is going on with that screenshot, apart from the abomination.

Level 70 BH but you are showing an active quest there.
    I am also seeing what looks like an active trial bar at the bottom but no destination showing at the portal, what map had you just completed?
    What have you done with all the other town residents - they are all missing.
    And finally the Abomination is level 15! How does that work.
    You have sharp eyes! I hadn't noticed that exclamation mark. Can't remember what map I had just finished when taking that snapshot, but i had definitely finished it, so that's not a real ongoing trial bar.
    That screen flashes right after entering the victory portal and the NPCs appear a split-second later. Same for the portal at the center of town. The abomination lifebar also vanishes at roughly the same time.
    Also, it only happens the first time you return home right after finishing a level, Going back and forth through the portal does not trigger this.

Another (quite interesting) bug/"undisclosed feature" I have faced maybe 3-4 times, yet have not seen described elsewhere, is that enemies can, at times, show up at town.

They may either seem to be coming through the southwestern gate (near Liana), or just teleport out of nowhere next to Mitzu and Gornathan. In all cases, the NPCs will walk towards the enemies and start fighting them. After the enemies are defeated, the NPCs just stay there as a bunch of idiots and will only return to their proper places after leaving town and coming back.
    Last edited by MarkHark; 04-14-2019, 02:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    replied
    I'm guessing it's the "returning hero to town" mechanism, I see it almost every time my chars return to Home Town - slow loading... I occassionally get all the chars in the T-pose with weapons floating/lying on the ground next to them too.

Leave a comment:

• yaddab
    replied
    Something weird is going on with that screenshot, apart from the abomination.

Level 70 BH but you are showing an active quest there.
    I am also seeing what looks like an active trial bar at the bottom but no destination showing at the portal, what map had you just completed?
    What have you done with all the other town residents - they are all missing.
    And finally the Abomination is level 15! How does that work.

Leave a comment:

• MarkHark
    replied
    The name shows inside a red lifebar at the upper right screen, as if it were an enemy curently targeted by my hero.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Vines
    replied
    Where, inside the teleport gate? I don't see anything.

Leave a comment:

• What's this "Animatronic Abomination" that briefly appears everytime I return home at the end of a map?

Click image for larger version

Name:	abomination.png
Views:	482
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	132490
    Last edited by MarkHark; 04-11-2019, 11:53 PM.
Working...
X