So Beta testers, how's the Balance?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Beta testers, how's the Balance?

Pretty simple straight forward question. How's the balance between classes? How's the balance between gear sets? PC/Mobile will have to wait until production release, but the rest.

Been doing a lot of reading in the forum and seeing lots of posts, but so far haven't seen much discussion about Balance.

All my characters have felt a little better than before, and I feel like there is build diversity. Each class will still have their own Leaderboard range, but it does feel closer. Warrior needed and got some cool boosts, and Mage and BH feel like there is more than one viable set, and you have some meaningful ability choices.

I think this patch will be very well received, although most anyone with existing Celestial weapons or 4pc Adventurer will be... displeased. Either way, no one can deny the game will feel more complete, and endgame trial competition will be a bit more diverse, with more interesting choices.

Players should understand they will have to swap a skill or two, and probably get new weapons. Your old build isn't broken, but reading the patch notes and thinking critically can result in a few tweaks which make your build come alive. Follow a theme to your meta.

If you are not in the beta, and want to do something useful in your play time, farm Juggernaut, Defender, Havoc, Arcanist. Farm crafting mats. Favor H on the gear you keep. Save gems for all the new gear you need to socket.
    Last edited by Trouble; 04-24-2019, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Well said Trouble . I don't feel I'll be confined in a specific build. We'll see, but so far I like all the updates.
      Mobile Player Only
      Carlisle (EM - 132)
      Eijol (DW - 120)
      Ratot (BH - 118)

Dyoma Crown (370)
      Altheo (AM - 122)

Comment

The Mage's "Regalia" set is going to take some getting used to. All about fire and frost abilities. It feels a lot weaker to me w/o some better abilities - like go back and level up Immolate? Not entirely

clear to me what constitutes fire/frost. Fireball Meteor? Click image for larger version

Name:	Regalia helm.png
Views:	582
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	133546
        FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post
          The Mage's "Regalia" set is going to take some getting used to. All about fire and frost abilities. It feels a lot weaker to me w/o some better abilities - like go back and level up Immolate? Not entirely

clear to me what constitutes fire/frost. Fireball Meteor? Click image for larger version

Technically immolate at lvl 10 was already a must before the beta, as the previous meta (full Apprentice) worked the best with immo at lvl 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
            All my characters have felt a little better than before, and I feel like there is build diversity. Each class will still have their own Leaderboard range, but it does feel closer. Warrior needed and got some cool boosts, and Mage and BH feel like there is more than one viable set, and you have some meaningful ability choices.

I think this patch will be very well received, although most anyone with existing Celestial weapons or 4pc Adventurer will be... displeased. Either way, no one can deny the game will feel more complete, and endgame trial competition will be a bit more diverse, with more interesting choices.

Players should understand they will have to swap a skill or two, and probably get new weapons. Your old build isn't broken, but reading the patch notes and thinking critically can result in a few tweaks which make your build come alive. Follow a theme to your meta.

If you are not in the beta, and want to do something useful in your play time, farm Juggernaut, Defender, Havoc, Arcanist. Farm crafting mats. Favor H on the gear you keep. Save gems for all the new gear you need to socket.
            Very well put.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post

I haven't gotten the set together, but I'd assume Fire spells are Immolate and Death From Above, Frost spells are Blizzard, Frost beam, and Frost Nova. Level 10 Fireball has a 25% chance to proc a meteor for 100% damage.

Hopefully one of the Mages can confirm this.

Comment

I got started late with the beta testing, but I have played both Warrior and BH in the new beta. For Warrior, I switched to full Jugg set with Bladestorm Armaments set, I am still using full Stalker with Shadow Assassins pistol set and poisoned ammo. Just got an Ion Gun this morning, so may soon be able to try out the Havoc set. My first full set for BH was Havoc, and I played it for a long time before switching to Stalker after getting full set during an ANB event. Looking forward to trying on the Havoc gear again. Still have not gotten a Blackguard's Resolve shield drop to try the Defender set, but I do have the Blackguard's Assault mace, so it is just a matter of time.

Both heroes lost DPS from the change to allocation of CL points, but the new weapons and buffs more than made up for that early loss. Both have pushed into high gear on Trials surpassing previous times (some of which were set on PC). I expect to push into Trial 100 for the first time on both heroes relatively soon. Overall, the pace of the game feels like it is a bit faster than before. I am able to keep rotating through multiple attack modes on both heroes with almost no down time, and the buffed attacks (e.g., Devastate & Whirlwind and bonus Snipe proc) cut down mobs faster than my previous builds.

It was hard to put two Celestial Deidre's Resolve swords and two high end Legendary Hailstorm pistols into storage though...

Comment

So far.

Balance in terms of balance of heroes across class. No. Warrior still lags behind. Mage and BH still similar.

Balance in terms of more than one viable set:

BH - zero. Assault now king of pc and mobile.
                  Mage - looks like App 6 still best.
                  Warrior - devs did a good job. Dual Wield and Shield Warrior are very close to even.

BH - Stalker - TL 136 (PC)

Comment

Just want to share, new stalker is bad ass. And I like the mag trap, it's like I have vortex LOL .
                    Mobile Player Only
                    Carlisle (EM - 132)
                    Eijol (DW - 120)
                    Ratot (BH - 118)

Dyoma Crown (370)
                    Altheo (AM - 122)

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post

Thank you for the information, still waiting for the IOS update. I have made full old Celestial sets with few Cbox left, guess I need another ANB(s) to get more boxes

Comment

This must lead to multiplayer.

Comment

Pretty much easy mode for about 10 additional TL's from where you were, regardless of equipment or Hero class.. And then you might need to decide what shiny new build is "the best". But, you will need to collect that new build with hard work or more money spent.

Comment

Paradox shield is insanely awesome! It makes Boss killing easier. I no longer have to run from Kara's knives or Elban's Devastate or Magroth's Enrage; I laugh in the face of one hit kills.

I also use it when minions are chipping away at my life and cannot get enough LOH to regenerate. PS + Singularity + hordes of angry minions returns me to full health in no time. The only negative about PS is the insanely long cool down time. I have to be selective of when I use it and try to keep it at 3 dots as much as possible.

Comment

Not sure about balance between hero types, but I think with all the new gear updates and additions, players in each hero class will be able to find different gear combos and abilities that work best for them and their style of play. I think the result of that will probably be a greater diversity of gear setups among top players in each hero class, unlike what we've seen in the past. So I guess in that way there may be more balance, if balance is measured by variability of gear setups amongst top level players. Maybe with the resetting of the leaderboards with this new version we'll get to see whether that hypothesis is valid or not.
                              QABA RUCO JAGI 0291
                              Mobile player: Android, Samsung 2 tab
                              Rageon - mage (ELR) T100
                              Ravenstar - BH (Havoc), T100+
                              Mobile player: Samsung Note9
                              Magenta - mage (ELR), Exp miner, T100+
                              PC player: Win10, Dell Inspiron 15, logi trackball
                              Graystone - BH, level 50

Comment

Working...
                              X