Exploits?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploits?

For some reason I was not able to create a character to participate in ANB. I thought the requirement was to have a character at level 70 and I thought I had it. Oh well. I read from the replies on the LB that there are exploiters in this game. Do these exploiters actually hack the game or is there things in the game such as skips? I don't want to know if there are skips but from what I am reading, it is unlikely to be hacks but then I haven't seen any skips.

Another thing, on the gold LB published a while back, what is going on with several of the top ranking characters clearly come from the same players?

Currently ANB is up to the Gold League, you must have participated in Bronze league (about 4 weeks ago), and then Silver, to be able to join Gold. See the FAQ in my post signature for more details.

Exploiters are people who have found certain bugs/loopholes in the game that gives them an advantage, and then actively using them rather than reporting it to the dev team. What that advantage may be depends on the nature of the bug... And yes, there are also people hacking the game...

The devs do what they can to identify and ban those doing it, but not every one is caught, so yeah...

There's no restriction for Hero name, so you can have the same name for all your heroes, and other players can also name their's the same as well.
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
      Currently ANB is up to the Gold League, you must have participated in Bronze league (about 4 weeks ago), and then Silver, to be able to join Gold. See the FAQ in my post signature for more details.

Exploiters are people who have found certain bugs/loopholes in the game that gives them an advantage, and then actively using them rather than reporting it to the dev team. What that advantage may be depends on the nature of the bug... And yes, there are also people hacking the game...

The devs do what they can to identify and ban those doing it, but not every one is caught, so yeah...

There's no restriction for Hero name, so you can have the same name for all your heroes, and other players can also name their's the same as well.
      I didn't have an account 4 weeks ago so I see why I didn't see the event. Thanks!

You mean some players may have had multiple ANB accounts?

Comment

I believe that you require a character of a certain level (70?) in order to enter ANB bronze. Reaching high enough in bronze gains a ticket that permits entry to ANB silver and the same rule restricts entry to gold from silver. The current event is gold and, therefore, you would need to have gained entry to both bronze and silver in order to participate.
        I am not sure what a "skip" is, but an exploit is usually a game mechanism that provides a benefit when it obviously should not (I would give an [already fixed] example here, but that is verboten).
        Regarding the people with the same names on the previous leaderboards, I would guess that people are running multiple accounts (log in with different email addresses) and achieving similar levels of success on each account. I can barely achieve mediocrity with one account; kudos to them!
        Whatever skips might be, "is there things in the game such as skips? I don't want to know if there are skips" did make me chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by FQVBSina View Post
          You mean some players may have had multiple ANB accounts?
          Some do, but it could also be different people that happened to named their hero the same name. It's the "hero/char name" that you see on the leaderboard, not the "account name".

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Actually, now I am kind of curious. Are there any patched up bug-exploits that you can share? The game is generally pretty well made and I am intrigued at what kind of bugs people found.

Comment

Careful with "talking" about these though: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...r-game-account

One example: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/th...-release-notes
              (you'll have to read between the lines a bit to figure out the actual exploit involved, or see follow-up discussions)
              Last edited by Nhat; 06-11-2019, 11:34 PM.

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Careful with "talking" about these though: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...r-game-account

One example: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/th...-release-notes
                (you'll have to read between the lines a bit to figure out the actual exploit involved, or see follow-up discussions)
                Understood. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by FQVBSina View Post

Understood. Thanks.
                  I'm kinda worried you are more interested in exploits rather than the game mechanics. Well, I hope you find one and report it rather than abuse it.
                  Mobile Player Only
                  Carlisle (EM - 132)
                  Eijol (DW - 120)
                  Ratot (BH - 118)

Dyoma Crown (370)
                  Altheo (AM - 122)

Comment

Working...
                  X