• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RockDoc
    replied
    Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
    "Skip" as in "level". (Not an exploit)

Yes, after Trial Level 10 (?) you can choose to skip levels to go to a higher one once it has been "opened' to you. When you complete a trial in a low time, it opens up some levels beyond just the next sequential one. Some players use this feature to choose to only attack a specific "boss" (there are 5 bosses in sequence). I choose to fight Kara on low to mid levels, so I try to only do TLs which are multiples of "5", as they always feature Kara. (I do not yet have a good technique for some of the other bosses...)

(Someone had posted a table which identified how many TLs were opened up based on completion time.)
    Yes you can skip trial levels once you reach level 70, but in order to skip from T10 to T89, you would still have to successfully beat at least 4 or 5 of the intervening trial levels, if not more. That would certainly add more than 191 CL pts to your account.

Leave a comment:

• lmcelhiney
    replied
    "Skip" as in "level". (Not an exploit)

Yes, after Trial Level 10 (?) you can choose to skip levels to go to a higher one once it has been "opened' to you. When you complete a trial in a low time, it opens up some levels beyond just the next sequential one. Some players use this feature to choose to only attack a specific "boss" (there are 5 bosses in sequence). I choose to fight Kara on low to mid levels, so I try to only do TLs which are multiples of "5", as they always feature Kara. (I do not yet have a good technique for some of the other bosses...)

(Someone had posted a table which identified how many TLs were opened up based on completion time.)

Leave a comment:

• ShotDead
    replied
    Originally posted by RockDoc View Post

I think this may fit in this post topic. I'm curious how a player with only 191 CL points can have 6 medals and 9 celestial pieces of gear, at T89? I have tried to start a new hero from scratch but the account CLs always showed, even if I didn't add them to the hero. I'm not trying to accuse anyone of anything, just curious how a player can have all those medals and celestial gear, and be at T89 and only have 191 CL pts; and their jewelry is nearly perfect, all 301(P,V,orAR), 271(HorV), 214CR, +100.3%CD .

Can someone explain how this can happen? It doesn't make sense to me.
    Screenshots broken

There is no logical explanation, PS may be?

Leave a comment:

• RockDoc
    replied

I think this may fit in this post topic. I'm curious how a player with only 191 CL points can have 6 medals and 9 celestial pieces of gear, at T89? I have tried to start a new hero from scratch but the account CLs always showed, even if I didn't add them to the hero. I'm not trying to accuse anyone of anything, just curious how a player can have all those medals and celestial gear, and be at T89 and only have 191 CL pts; and their jewelry is nearly perfect, all 301(P,V,orAR), 271(HorV), 214CR, +100.3%CD .

Can someone explain how this can happen? It doesn't make sense to me.
    Last edited by RockDoc; 06-22-2019, 06:46 PM. Reason: Corrected #s.

Leave a comment:

• TerryDarc
    replied
    Pro edge? Man! You'd have to twist stuff around a lot to come up with that being ok. I saw a Brazilian ap that looked like you could search for and modify anything you wanted. Stats? Sure. You want a million gems? "Don't get greedy" was the advice. That's stealing from Making Fun who are passionate gamers. Not right and if everyone did it, we'd soon have no game supported at all.

Agree that re-rolling a map to get a snow field instead of dark canyons is clearly ok by me. Modifying the underlying game is a simple, clear cheat.

Leave a comment:

• NoSuchReality
    replied
    Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post

If you're a programmer and you know the nature of the Eternium game, use your imagination. I speculated to the limit of my fear of being banned (the topic is forbidden) and came pretty close to what seems to be being done per recent check of what's available. I had no temptation to cheat and don't understand what glory there is in doing so. Being the best cheater? I guess...

The key is they don't think of it as cheating. It's their 'pro' edge. If its not explicitly spelled out, it's 'superior' knowledge of the game.

The exploit on rerolling reward boxes got closed. Rerolling the trial map is okay. There is a big difference between the two and yet a similarity.

Leave a comment:

• ShotDead
    replied
    Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post
    don't understand what glory there is in doing so. Being the best cheater? I guess...
    This ^
    Where's the challenge when you are going to cheat?

Leave a comment:

• TerryDarc
    replied
    Originally posted by FQVBSina View Post

I am always interested in any sort of bugs in any game I play. In my research I basically do programming work and it is interesting to me how did a bug happen since it is programmed by someone but used totally in an unintended way. Knowing these things can lead to more creative ways to solve other problems. And I always report them as it removes the fun from playing.
    If you're a programmer and you know the nature of the Eternium game, use your imagination. I speculated to the limit of my fear of being banned (the topic is forbidden) and came pretty close to what seems to be being done per recent check of what's available. I had no temptation to cheat and don't understand what glory there is in doing so. Being the best cheater? I guess...

Leave a comment:

• FQVBSina
    replied
    Originally posted by Altheo 42 View Post

I'm kinda worried you are more interested in exploits rather than the game mechanics. Well, I hope you find one and report it rather than abuse it.
    I am always interested in any sort of bugs in any game I play. In my research I basically do programming work and it is interesting to me how did a bug happen since it is programmed by someone but used totally in an unintended way. Knowing these things can lead to more creative ways to solve other problems. And I always report them as it removes the fun from playing.

Leave a comment:

• Altheo 42
    replied

Understood. Thanks.
    I'm kinda worried you are more interested in exploits rather than the game mechanics. Well, I hope you find one and report it rather than abuse it.

Leave a comment:

• FQVBSina
    replied
    Originally posted by Nhat View Post
    Careful with "talking" about these though: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...r-game-account

One example: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/th...-release-notes
    (you'll have to read between the lines a bit to figure out the actual exploit involved, or see follow-up discussions)
    Understood. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    replied
    Careful with "talking" about these though: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...r-game-account

One example: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/th...-release-notes
    (you'll have to read between the lines a bit to figure out the actual exploit involved, or see follow-up discussions)
    Last edited by Nhat; 06-11-2019, 11:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FQVBSina
    replied
    Originally posted by Nhat View Post
    Currently ANB is up to the Gold League, you must have participated in Bronze league (about 4 weeks ago), and then Silver, to be able to join Gold. See the FAQ in my post signature for more details.

Exploiters are people who have found certain bugs/loopholes in the game that gives them an advantage, and then actively using them rather than reporting it to the dev team. What that advantage may be depends on the nature of the bug... And yes, there are also people hacking the game...

The devs do what they can to identify and ban those doing it, but not every one is caught, so yeah...

There's no restriction for Hero name, so you can have the same name for all your heroes, and other players can also name their's the same as well.
    Actually, now I am kind of curious. Are there any patched up bug-exploits that you can share? The game is generally pretty well made and I am intrigued at what kind of bugs people found.

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    replied
    You mean some players may have had multiple ANB accounts?
    Some do, but it could also be different people that happened to named their hero the same name. It's the "hero/char name" that you see on the leaderboard, not the "account name".

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I believe that you require a character of a certain level (70?) in order to enter ANB bronze. Reaching high enough in bronze gains a ticket that permits entry to ANB silver and the same rule restricts entry to gold from silver. The current event is gold and, therefore, you would need to have gained entry to both bronze and silver in order to participate.
    I am not sure what a "skip" is, but an exploit is usually a game mechanism that provides a benefit when it obviously should not (I would give an [already fixed] example here, but that is verboten).
    Regarding the people with the same names on the previous leaderboards, I would guess that people are running multiple accounts (log in with different email addresses) and achieving similar levels of success on each account. I can barely achieve mediocrity with one account; kudos to them!
    Whatever skips might be, "is there things in the game such as skips? I don't want to know if there are skips" did make me chuckle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X