X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notahacker
    started a topic Crafting

Crafting

Just one question: is there a max crafting level over 25? Or is lvl 25 already the max you can get? I just want the best chance at good stat rolls before i start dumping resources into set gear.

• Nhat
    replied
    Originally posted by Notahacker View Post
    I noticed in the update notes crafting is getting a level cap increase up to lvl 70 from 50 but it still says maxed out @ 50. Am I missing something or is the above wrong?
    A few people seems to be mis-interpreting the update notes, the wording is a bit misleading I suppose:
    Increased items level. Items level cap increased to 75. Also, the craft mastery perk can now exceed level 70.
    It's talking about the Master Crafter perk, which gives you a chance of crafting an item higher than the selected level - so it'll allow you to craft level 70+ items. There's no change to the Crafting Mastery Level cap, which stays at 50.

Edit (didn't see a point in adding a new post)
    Originally posted by RockDoc View Post
    Maybe those changes will be included when the beta finishes and they distribute the new code for all platforms.
    1.4.11 have been pushed to all platforms, Season #1 is active for Live - there is no beta
    Last edited by Nhat; 07-11-2019, 05:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RockDoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Notahacker View Post
    I noticed in the update notes crafting is getting a level cap increase up to lvl 70 from 50 but it still says maxed out @ 50. Am I missing something or is the above wrong?
    Maybe those changes will be included when the beta finishes and they distribute the new code for all platforms.
    BTW, nice catch on bringing the cheater Justagod to the attention of developers.

Leave a comment:

• Notahacker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarkHark
    replied
    Originally posted by RockDoc View Post
    I did notice something when I crafted my new warrior a full set of epic level exp & gold mining gear about a month ago. All of the pieces came with all stats within 10% of max potential value. Overall armor values for all pieces were over 420.
    Yeah, I know that gold and exp do not occur in large amounts together, and that gold is best mined in the story while exp is best gained doing trials. I saw someone at my level on the LB who had a similar setup and I thought it would be interesting to try. Fortunately, the amount of resources needed for a full set of epic jugg gear was less than that of a single piece of legendary gear. So it wasn't a complete waste of materials. They still work great for gold mining the story levels, but don't have enough power to cut it on trials above about T80.
    I plan on eventually having a dedicated gold/gemstone farmer hero, it will most likely be a BH (for movespeed reasons), but I haven´t yet decided on the build (probably either Assault or Havoc). Perhaps I´ll try crafting some epic gear to replace whatever pieces I have that are not high enough on XG/XP (at least 40% - preferably above 43% in both cases).

Leave a comment:

• RockDoc
    replied
    lmcelhiney, I've crafted gear for all three hero types and can't say I've noticed any real difference when doing so. Sometimes I get all good stats , sometimes a mix of good and not so good , and some have just gone straight to the salvage bin . Maybe if you can be more specific about the type of differences you're asking about...
    I just advanced to crafting level 25, so I'm sure there are others with far more experience on the topic.

I did notice something when I crafted my new warrior a full set of epic level exp & gold mining gear about a month ago. All of the pieces came with all stats within 10% of max potential value. Overall armor values for all pieces were over 420.
    Yeah, I know that gold and exp do not occur in large amounts together, and that gold is best mined in the story while exp is best gained doing trials. I saw someone at my level on the LB who had a similar setup and I thought it would be interesting to try. Fortunately, the amount of resources needed for a full set of epic jugg gear was less than that of a single piece of legendary gear. So it wasn't a complete waste of materials. They still work great for gold mining the story levels, but don't have enough power to cut it on trials above about T80.

Leave a comment:

• lmcelhiney
    replied
    Since the Crafting function is tuned to your class (i.e., you can only make items for your class), has anyone noticed if there is a difference in how it operates with a Mage/Bounty Hunter/Warrior?

Leave a comment:

• LodWig
    replied
    Crafting a CO gives 10000 craft XP.
    Rune of the storm gives 2500 craft XP, Enchant Ring gives 1500.

Leave a comment:

• Notahacker
    replied
    Originally posted by Nhat View Post
    Max Crafting Mastery is 50 - but don't expect to get high stats all the time with it, the range is still pretty large (based on last report anyway, no idea if it's been changed since): https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...-crafting-perk
    Thanks. I wasn't expecting to get perfect gear every time it wouldn't be a gatchawalletyougamblingaddict game otherwise.

Looks like crafting/unlocking all legendary quality common items then using lower level green/blue gear to fill in the rest of the exp requirement is best.

At least this way the lowest stat rolls are a non-issue.
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Terranisaur
    replied
    Originally posted by Altheo 42 View Post

Yes it does. And you can use it on your celestial pieces if you happen to have one. I usually use it on weapon damage if I didn't roll the max stat.
    Again, you can do the long and winding road but it is not fun. See link below for the exp needed and various techniques done by other players to get to lvl50 crafting mastery.
    Wow - awesome chart and cool info. Does anyone know how much XP you get from a CO? Since it's such a gigantic investment it would be cool to know what I'm getting myself into Although, I'll probably make one now just to see what happens! Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• TheExorcist
    replied
    Now that I hv a reasonable amount of crafting resources..after painstakingly runnin here and there..i would like to try one or if possible two 'CO' for my SW
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 06-28-2019, 04:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Altheo 42
    replied
    Originally posted by Terranisaur View Post
    So do COs really give that much experience??

i love these forums by the way I've learned so many tricks! I just got my crafting to level 25 easy and cheap! Great tips!

Yes it does. And you can use it on your celestial pieces if you happen to have one. I usually use it on weapon damage if I didn't roll the max stat.
    Again, you can do the long and winding road but it is not fun. See link below for the exp needed and various techniques done by other players to get to lvl50 crafting mastery.
    Took quite some work, 2 days of writing down how much items I crafted between levels and some curve approximations in Excel, but I'm quite confident that the XP per level formula is an elegant quadratic one: 10x^2 + 50x I've tested this for lvls 1-5, 24, 26, 31-38 and it always matches. So there you go, this should be the

Leave a comment:

• Terranisaur
    replied
    So do COs really give that much experience??

i love these forums by the way I've learned so many tricks! I just got my crafting to level 25 easy and cheap! Great tips!
    Last edited by Terranisaur; 06-28-2019, 12:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• duckel
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyraph View Post

This is not mandatory.
    You get used to tap insane fast and I could never craft exactly the amount of free inventory space when I started to level.
    Later, I often crafted some hundreds of items at once and cleared my mailbox when I was in the mood.
    What is easier than both methods is this: Count inventory space, check how many cloth/leather is needed per pieces. multiply inventory slots with resource per piece. subtract the resources you need to fill the inventory from how many you have. it might be around 112 silk cloth for a full inventory at lvl 14 uncommons. when you reached that number, stop crafting.

Leave a comment:

• Alica2122
    replied
    Originally posted by Terranisaur View Post

Hey - what's a CO?

So, it seems you can get high level crafting by crafting objects of low level, even uncommon or rare. The LOWER the level, the more gold you use, and the less resources you use? The HIGHER level means more resources and less gold?

Is this really worth it for the crafting perks, or should I just save my mats for gear I'll actually use or need? I'm guessing my gear isn't quite perfect enough to be doing this...
    CO: Celestial Orb. Open Crafting menu - Enchanting to see how much resource we would need to craft it .

We choose what items to craft according to the ratio of gained experiences to resource needed. Low-level items have better ratio, that is the reason why we choose craft them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X