Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are mobile players competing against PC players in ANB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are mobile players competing against PC players in ANB?

I feel pretty slighted after watching a few videos and the advantage to constantly spam abilities is ridiculous. Pressing a button and seeing "not ready" scroll down the screen like a waterfall really irked me.

The frequency of the ability key-presses is just absurd. Mobile players can't draw symbols that quickly so why would they compete against that? Why should they be forced to compete against that?

They introduced global cooldowns so once your ability is off cooldowns it should be used automatically. It would be cool to see some mobile buff or something too but who knows. In reality though, the mobile ad boxes for 5 gems are a huge advantage that does not exist on PC. Overall I don't think that are that many PC players anyways.
    Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
    Teran - CL2000

Comment

Originally posted by Terranisaur View Post
      the mobile ad boxes for 5 gems are a huge advantage that does not exist on PC.players anyways.
      ummm.... bluestacks ...

Comment

They introduced global cooldowns so once your ability is off cooldowns it should be used automatically. It would be cool to see some mobile buff or something too but who knows. In reality though, the mobile ad boxes for 5 gems are a huge advantage that does not exist on PC. Overall I don't think that are that many PC players anyways.
        tbh, global cooldown just shifts the PC advantage a little bit. you still can spam pc skills whenever you want. mobile gotta choose between movement and skill. on top of that, queued skills are discarded upon moving... also, you cant draw skills at the edge of the screen. tostop pc spam, you need to give a time penalty for using a skill if cooldown is active and a skill is queued. pc plays like automatic rifle fire. has to be stopped and make them use tactics, not spam.
        Last edited by duckel; 06-28-2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by duckel View Post

tbh, global cooldown just shifts the PC advantage a little bit. you still can spam pc skills whenever you want. mobile gotta choose between movement and skill. on top of that, queued skills are discarded upon moving... also, you cant draw skills at the edge of the screen. tostop pc spam, you need to give a time penalty for using a skill if cooldown is active and a skill is queued. pc plays like automatic rifle fire. has to be stopped and make them use tactics, not spam.
          Agreed. I've been having issues with GCD as well. I run a high ability rate / haste mage and the GCD overlap isn't enough time, meaning it doesn't allow the ability to be queued up before it's active anyways. I think they could increase the GCD cooldown a bit to help with that.
          In the end though, this has always been a problem with Eternium that most people have come to accept. In my opinion unless you're going for top 25 or top 50 on the LBs you can, relax, have a good time and make it work on mobile. I wouldn't let it discourage you from enjoying the game!
          Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
          Teran - CL2000

Comment

I only play on iPads and have two characters in top 25% and one in top 10%. You just need to invest time, overall.

Comment

Agreed. I've been having issues with GCD as well. I run a high ability rate / haste mage and the GCD overlap isn't enough time, meaning it doesn't allow the ability to be queued up before it's active anyways. I think they could increase the GCD cooldown a bit to help with that.
              In the end though, this has always been a problem with Eternium that most people have come to accept. In my opinion unless you're going for top 25 or top 50 on the LBs you can, relax, have a good time and make it work on mobile. I wouldn't let it discourage you from enjoying the game!
              Agreed to both of you. It's a clear advantage and should be penalized heavily.

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
                I only play on iPads and have two characters in top 25% and one in top 10%. You just need to invest time, overall.
                I'm in top 5% so I'm not complaining about my performance.

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
                  top25% is top 10% of people who played for a week

Comment

Originally posted by TheExorcist
                    Bluestacks is not workin smoothly for low end pc..I've tried a few times..the game always stuck or to slow and sometimes it took ages when trying to open the bluestacks..ohh I give up!!
                    Emulators aren't supported, but on an unofficial note, you can improve performance for most emulators by enabling "hardware virtualization" (usually found in your UEFI settings).

Comment

Also, if you're using Bluestacks v4, you may consider downgrading it to v3, it runs much lighter on cpu resources, game feels much more fluid. On a negative sidenote, I occasionaly witness sound pitch shifting towards lower frequency - all my female heroes suddenly start sounding like they were on testosterone replacement therapy

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
                        all my female heroes suddenly start sounding like they were on testosterone replacement therapy
                        lmao

Comment

Originally posted by duckel View Post

I've previously suggested the same thing. Alacrity is a 2 second buff decrease. A early fire should be a 2 second increase. An even better fix that doesn't penaltize for early use, would be to fix the Attack Speed issue where you can squeak out more attacks than your attack speed and have any utility cast or attempt to cast count as an attack. Scroll that waterfall of not ready and your char stops attacking. if your AS =6 and you're sitting with the first utility pressed on repeat, all 6 of your attacks per second get taken for attempted casts and no regular attacks which means no alacrity bonus, no life on hit...

Comment

Working...
                          X