Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Regalia primary attack and ability set.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best Regalia primary attack and ability set.

    So I've been using the regalia set with my mage and the grand magister set. It's OP. Ive pushed managed to push up to tl 119. I've always been using the same abilities as the top mage regalia users: arc lightning and frostbolt plus time warp, blizzard, and immolate. Why use frostbolt though? Why not use firebolt and use the fireball meteors of it togethor with blizzard, frost nova, and some third ability?
    Orion, mobile only, mage, 920 Cl, TL 118.

  • #2
    While Frost Bolt is equipped, Blizzard has a 7% chance and Frost Nova has a 100% chance to trigger Northern Wind when dealing damage.
    Northern Wind causes all targets to be counted as frozen.

    This combines perfectly with Grand Magister‘s Command Set.
    Action-RPG-History: Diablo, Diablo2, Diablo3 ... Eternium

    Bronze2: #62 Warrior (Dekay) TL118
    Silver2: #33 Mage (Nancy) TL129
    Gold2: #20 Mage (Nancy) TL131

    Comment


    • #3
      North Wind only procs if you have Frost Bolt equipped? I mostly use Arc Lightning and Fireball, so this could be a dealbreaker for my current Regalia build.

      Comment


      • #4
        And Frost Bolts have much higher single-target damages for killing bosses faster.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post
          And Frost Bolts have much higher single-target damages for killing bosses faster.
          Not mentioning when said targets are 'frozen' or nothern wind is blowing frost bolt does triple damage.

          Comment


          • #6
            All the reasons above + FB slows targets. It's really helpful in high trials.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
              North Wind only procs if you have Frost Bolt equipped? I mostly use Arc Lightning and Fireball, so this could be a dealbreaker for my current Regalia build.
              Yup, Northern Wind only procs when you have Frost Bolt equipped. Frost Bolt is a must to have for Regalia Mages. I used to play Frost Bolt even before Regalia was introduced when everyone was using Arcane Bolt as their primary attack skill. I love Frost Bolt.
              Sanctum - YOCU REGO JASE 0953

              Has left the game


              Crafting vs Trial Farming for Lvl 71-75 Legendary Gears
              Morgenheim Gold Run

              Comment


              • #8
                In theory you should do: Firebolt, then FrostNova, then Immolate, clean up with Frostbolt, then herding, then repeat. You lose the triple damage from the FrostBolt this way, but you gain mass burn conversion. Meteor is also amplified by Regalia. I can't do this because I can't do two finger attacks. Be interested if someone tries it and reports back if its effective.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Yttrill View Post
                  In theory you should do: Firebolt, then FrostNova, then Immolate, clean up with Frostbolt, then herding, then repeat. You lose the triple damage from the FrostBolt this way, but you gain mass burn conversion. Meteor is also amplified by Regalia. I can't do this because I can't do two finger attacks. Be interested if someone tries it and reports back if its effective.
                  I'll try it. Should I try it with time warp or follow up immolate with blizzard?
                  Mobile only, Orion (mage) , Cl 1040, TL 121

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Orion690 View Post

                    I'll try it. Should I try it with time warp or follow up immolate with blizzard?
                    Mobile only, Orion (mage) , Cl 1040, TL 121
                    I have no idea. Run easy levels to get the hang of the pattern of action, then push higher levels to see how far each combo gets you.

                    My reading of the rules is that nukes are not affected by critical damage, critical rating, or any attribute other than power.
                    It says it depends on "base weapon damage". I assume that includes power rating, and hence power infusion and time warp.
                    That is, things that boost base weapon damage also boost frostnova, immolate, and blizzard.

                    Regalia boosts frostnova and immolate but not blizzard or frostbeam, however the former are initially very weak and the latter very strong.
                    You could do the math, but testing is really the only way. I also don't know if blizzard does multiple hits on Garm and TBD since they're big.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      With ELR mage + GMC Weapon Set, you need Blizzard AND Immolate for TS+Shatter the main damage dealers. You need FB in addition to these for NW to trigger "the great aggro". AL just for AS boost. It's like get AS boost with AL-> start aggroing mobs with FB, Immolate, throw blizzard on some elite -> gather mobs around and go crazy with TW->Blizzard+Immolate.

                      PS: I hope you are PC. After the dmg reduction nerf, it's hard to survive on mobile for Mage.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ShotDead View Post
                        AL just for AS boost. It's like get AS boost with AL
                        Beside attack speed boost, Arc lightning also makes enemies more vulnerable (receive +5% more damages) and can be stacked for 5x (+25% more damages). Even it is nerfed, it is still very useful for all Mages.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ShotDead View Post
                          With ELR mage + GMC Weapon Set, you need Blizzard AND Immolate for TS+Shatter the main damage dealers. You need FB in addition to these for NW to trigger "the great aggro". AL just for AS boost. It's like get AS boost with AL-> start aggroing mobs with FB, Immolate, throw blizzard on some elite -> gather mobs around and go crazy with TW->Blizzard+Immolate.

                          PS: I hope you are PC. After the dmg reduction nerf, it's hard to survive on mobile for Mage.
                          Nope. As my descript says I'm mobile only. I'm dying 3-6 times a trial now it's insane. But I'm pretty skilled at surviving on mobile so I can pull it off up to trial 120.
                          Mobile only, Orion (mage) , Cl 1040, TL 121

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ShotDead View Post
                            With ELR mage + GMC Weapon Set, you need Blizzard AND Immolate for TS+Shatter the main damage dealers. You need FB in addition to these for NW to trigger "the great aggro". AL just for AS boost. It's like get AS boost with AL-> start aggroing mobs with FB, Immolate, throw blizzard on some elite -> gather mobs around and go crazy with TW->Blizzard+Immolate.

                            PS: I hope you are PC. After the dmg reduction nerf, it's hard to survive on mobile for Mage.
                            What's Shatter? You mean what I call a nuke? The GMC effect?

                            FrostNova seems better than Blizzard to me but I can't be sure having not tried both at high level.
                            Reasoning: its instant and 100% reliable making everything in a massive area "count as frozen". Immolate then nukes all of these.
                            With Blizzard you have to wait, and it may not even trigger North Wind at all. Also Frost nova *actually* freezes a pack.

                            I'm playing on a cheap wide screen phone. I doubt i can get past TL100.
                            My biggest problem standing still long enough to draw the rune. If my hero moves I'm probably dead.
                            So yea, I think Arcanist is easer to play on mobile because the timing of casting abilities is not so critical, and, the primary attack and abilities work on both mobs and bosses.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Almost anything works up to 120 TL. Last ANB silver, I cleared 125 with GMC weapon and FK tome (I know it's lame ) and all the time I thought my mobile was not enough to handle high TLs hence no aggro It gets serious after 125 and the fun (read frustration) begins after 130.

                              After the nerf, I can barely clear 120. Mage seems to be going PC only way.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X