Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Regalia primary attack and ability set.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post
    Almost anything works up to 120 TL. Last ANB silver, I cleared 125 with GMC weapon and FK tome (I know it's lame ) and all the time I thought my mobile was not enough to handle high TLs hence no aggro It gets serious after 125 and the fun (read frustration) begins after 130.

After the nerf, I can barely clear 120. Mage seems to be going PC only way.
    You mean this: "Regalia 4 piece set bonus now increases damage and decreases damage taken by 8%, down from 10% per charge."??

This should in theory be countered by level 75 gear, yes?

SIgh. I should have kept my last hero instead of deleting. Patch 11, i found a celestial :-) All gone in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrill View Post
      You mean this: "Regalia 4 piece set bonus now increases damage and decreases damage taken by 8%, down from 10% per charge."??
      Yep

This should in theory be countered by level 75 gear, yes?
      I'm farming and crafting regularly ever since L75 announced and got only 1 (defender pants). That many L75 may take eternity. Also everything boils down to ANBs where you can't rely on RNG to get a 75. And I still don't think a couple of L75s can fill the gap of 2% per charge. On mobile you need to be able to absorb 2-3 hits which ain't possible now so mobile Mage is out of question for me. Top 100 may be too hard for mobile mages.

SIgh. I should have kept my last hero instead of deleting.
      I still don't know why you keep deleting your heroes. I only deleted those heroes that were to be replaced by ANB heroes and my original heroes didn't had anything unlocked.

Patch 11, i found a celestial :-) All gone in 13.
      If you mean Celestial Essence (CE) then that doesn't get deleted with hero. The crafting inventory is common and doesn't get deleted with hero.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post

I'm farming and crafting regularly ever since L75 announced and got only 1 (defender pants). That many L75 may take eternity.
        Well it is called Eternium. :-)

Also everything boils down to ANBs where you can't rely on RNG to get a 75. And I still don't think a couple of L75s can fill the gap of 2% per charge. On mobile you need to be able to absorb 2-3 hits which ain't possible now so mobile Mage is out of question for me. Top 100 may be too hard for mobile mages.

I still don't know why you keep deleting your heroes. I only deleted those heroes that were to be replaced by ANB heroes and my original heroes didn't had anything unlocked.
        But you just explained it. Its probably 80 days to the next AnB. I have no gems to progress in an AnB. I am surely not going to play 10 minutes
        every day waiting for an AnB to make progress. If I get blocked playing, I delete, because farming the same trial hundreds of times is BORING.
        At least at the start you make progress. You can use gear to find. You go up levels. You can craft useful things. You power up quickly ..
        I just beat TL19 at level 59, and that's with rubbish gear including level 7 pants and common (green) jewelry.

But then it becomes a slog. Farming and farming for the last piece of Regalia to get the 6 second cooldown.
        And then, being faced with ONE WEEK real time just to upgrade ONE ability to level 10.

Time to delete. I'm not waiting a week just to get a single ability to level 10, I have 3 more that HAVE to be level 10 to progress.

And that's all forgetting that one still needs to find or craft decent gear. Count the number of gemstones required to make half
        way decent rings.

[QUOTE If you mean Celestial Essence (CE) then that doesn't get deleted with hero. The crafting inventory is common and doesn't get [deleted with hero.[/QUOTE]

When I say delete I mean "App->Eternium->Data->CLEAR". Completely scrubs everything except the base program.
        That's why I do not save to an account, because then I have to pay gems to delete the account as well.
        I'm quiting because its too boring waiting to get enough gems to continue playing.

Its more fun for me to see how far I can get before it gets boring than trying to get my mage onto the leaderboard on a cheap Android mobile,
        which, as you say, is probably impossible no matter how many years I play. Like many games, it degenerates into a fight against boredom.
        But the early game play is fun. Especially with the Season stuff you can power up to an extreme level very quickly. 4 hits per second wipes
        everything for a long time. All you need is sockets and some common sapphires. Magroth in Anderhelm dies before he can even move.

You see the issue you face, finding level 75 gear now, is that you're effectively starting from scratch because all your level 70 gear
        is now obsolete (except jewelry). You are in effect in the same position as if you were at level 1 starting from scratch. Due to the
        exponential curve, the amount of time for me to get level 75 gear is only marginally more than it will take you. I start getting level 71 drops
        within a day. In fact I will get level 75 gear faster than you, because I don't need the gear to be legendary with the right stats and at the
        top of the range as well. You're ahead but I play for more hours a day. So you're running into the problem that any new player
        runs into.

I'm playing the start over and over because Eternium has great potential, but the fun dies fairly quickly. This means new players will
        quit, because the seasoned players are way too far ahead. The seasoned players have to be regularly knocked off their perches
        so the new players have a chance to catch up. In Diablo, they kept changing the game balance in every patch for that reason,
        to keep the game alive and they managed to do it for almost a decade. But Eternium is dying around level 55-60. I ran TL7 at
        level 55 and only just made L60 at TL 19. I ran the levels (all of them) in 2 -6 minutes.

I ran TBD in Heroic and the monsters STILL weren't any higher level than me which means
        all that power was useless because I couldn't get to L70. At this level you don't craft anything because you need to be L70 to avoid
        wasting resources. With regalia, your clearing speed (both trials and story) is dictated by cooldowns. There's nothing you can
        do to get any better than wait for either a recipe or a drop. Its not a matter of skill but waiting. In other words boredom.

I'm trying to find a way to play continuously without getting bored. I haven't found one yet, but my record is TL56.
        So I expect with the right RNG to make it to TL100 one day.

Comment

Well it is called Eternium. :-)

I'm trying to find a way to play continuously without getting bored. I haven't found one yet, but my record is TL56.
          So I expect with the right RNG to make it to TL100 one day.
          I am playing for fun. I don't compete with other players, I am competing with myself. Learning something new, improving my heroes, seeing how they progress.

At your level, your progress is very visible, few CLs in every ten minutes. You don't need "perfect" items at the moment, just enjoy your progress. Craft green/blue Regalia if you need to complete the set but don't think about lvl 75 items or celestial so far, just use whatever you get from the bosses.

Top players can hardly increase any single CL in the same time, even with all their perfect XP gears and boosters. So they must find other way to improve, like mentioned lvl 75 items. But you can improve very fast without the need of these items, so enjoy it.
          Last edited by Alica2122; 07-17-2019, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post

I am playing for fun. I don't compete with other players, I am competing with myself. Learning something new, improving my heroes, seeing how they progress.

At your level, your progress is very visible, few CLs in every ten minutes. You don't need "perfect" items at the moment, just enjoy your progress. Craft green/blue Regalia if you need to complete the set but don't think about lvl 75 items or celestial so far, just use whatever you get from the bosses.

Top players can hardly increase any single CL in the same time, even with all their perfect XP gears and boosters. So they must find other way to improve, like mentioned lvl 75 items. But you can improve very fast without the need of these items, so enjoy it.
            Actually, I'm usually under level 70 so I don't get CLs yet. But there are various things blocking progress there. The main one is lack of gems.
            Its ok to say craft items but you cannot craft them without recipes and they cost 200 gems each. It takes a while to get them all
            and blocks other actions like activating the third ability which I have not done for months. Upgrading abilities also costs either time
            or gems or both. Its easy enough initially but it rapidly becomes hard to progress. So you can improve fast early in the game but it
            becomes quite slow later. Also the need for more and more gemstones and crafting resources just to be able to throw the dice.

That's why ShotDead is saying that AnB is the only way ahead, because progress is greatly accelerated: so much it isn't worth
            bothering playing the ordinary game. I'm trying to show that this isn't so but I'm failing. He's right.

Comment

Actually, I'm usually under level 70 so I don't get CLs yet. But there are various things blocking progress there. The main one is lack of gems.
              Its ok to say craft items but you cannot craft them without recipes and they cost 200 gems each. It takes a while to get them all
              and blocks other actions like activating the third ability which I have not done for months. Upgrading abilities also costs either time
              or gems or both. Its easy enough initially but it rapidly becomes hard to progress. So you can improve fast early in the game but it
              becomes quite slow later. Also the need for more and more gemstones and crafting resources just to be able to throw the dice.

That's why ShotDead is saying that AnB is the only way ahead, because progress is greatly accelerated: so much it isn't worth
              bothering playing the ordinary game. I'm trying to show that this isn't so but I'm failing. He's right.
              You don't need gems to buy recipes, just use golds. Buy any recipes that are offered for golds, even you don't need them, refresh every three hours, and eventually you will get all recipes.
              You don't need gems, set items or other to reach lvl 70, just continue story mode, or trial 1-7. Repeat maps in story modes 5x, doing 5-star in story mode give significant amount of gems. If you are on mobile, watch ads and get 5gems for 10-30s.

Thinking about set items before lvl 70 is TOO early, like choosing university when you are still in elementary school.

Comment

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post

You don't need gems to buy recipes, just use golds. Buy any recipes that are offered for golds, even you don't need them, refresh every three hours, and eventually you will get all recipes.
                You don't need gems, set items or other to reach lvl 70, just continue story mode, or trial 1-7. Repeat maps in story modes 5x, doing 5-star in story mode give significant amount of gems. If you are on mobile, watch ads and get 5gems for 10-30s.

Thinking about set items before lvl 70 is TOO early, like choosing university when you are still in elementary school.
                I do know what all the options are, having tried every possible combination multiple times. Repeating maps does give you 10 gems.
                Woopy do. You need 1300 gems just to open two upgrade slots. So I'd have to repeat 130 maps just to get that. Alternatively at
                250 gems/day from ads, its still over 5 days play just to get two upgrade slots. Without spending any gems on anything else.

In fact buying set items for gems is by far the fastest way to get a complete set which is by far the fastest way to get to a high level.
                You really DO need set items ASAP because the combined bonuses totally dwarf anything you can do without them.
                I think this is a design issue in the game. It doesn't matter what level items they are and pretty much doesn't matter what
                attributes they have. I'm playing Regalia mage and you need all 9 items, end of story. If you have level 6 or so abilities you can
                then wipe trials up to around 50 as long as you improve you gear as you go from drops, recrafting items and jewelry, and enchantments,
                plus with any luck some socketed gemstones. But you have to get the complete set before you can improve it.

Once you have the set and fairly reasonable gear you can take out, say, Morgenheim in 20 seconds with luck and skill and 2 minutes
                even if you completely mess up and die a few times. Regalia nuclear blasts just cream minions totally. Without the set, the cooldowns
                are too long and you keep having to run away to wait for them, which is a pain because of the auto-attack which means you keep
                running back into the mobs.

Another issue I find: running trials early is a BAD idea. It ruins the game. The reason is that story mode all the way to near the end
                of the fourth planet is then totally boring because its so easy, and you don't get any experience or any useful drops. This really
                needs to be fixed. All story mode levels should be minimum equal to your hero's level. And that's not enough actually, because
                as I said before, I creamed trial 7 at level 55 and ran all the way to TL19 without any problems at all. And they're all level 70.
                The problem is I only got 5 levels .. and I completed story mode on Normal at the same time and the first planet of Heroic.
                At this point I only had 8 of the 9 required items. The cooldown reduction from attributes and gemstones is worthless until
                you have the 6 piece regalia reduction of 6 seconds. With crap gear you really cannot take out TL20 or so minions with frostbolt!
                Its about 10 hits per skeleton. But you can wipe them easily with a nuke, some cleanup, and mob herding.

BTW: I rarely had more than about 30K gold. Luckily the one time I got offered a recipe I wanted I happened to have 80K gold
                so I could buy it immediately. Gold disappears fast when you're crafting.

Comment

I do know what all the options are, having tried every possible combination multiple times. Repeating maps does give you 10 gems.
                  Woopy do. You need 1300 gems just to open two upgrade slots. So I'd have to repeat 130 maps just to get that. Alternatively at
                  250 gems/day from ads, its still over 5 days play just to get two upgrade slots. Without spending any gems on anything else.

In fact buying set items for gems is by far the fastest way to get a complete set which is by far the fastest way to get to a high level.
                  You really DO need set items ASAP because the combined bonuses totally dwarf anything you can do without them.
                  I think this is a design issue in the game. It doesn't matter what level items they are and pretty much doesn't matter what
                  attributes they have. I'm playing Regalia mage and you need all 9 items, end of story. If you have level 6 or so abilities you can
                  then wipe trials up to around 50 as long as you improve you gear as you go from drops, recrafting items and jewelry, and enchantments,
                  plus with any luck some socketed gemstones. But you have to get the complete set before you can improve it.

Once you have the set and fairly reasonable gear you can take out, say, Morgenheim in 20 seconds with luck and skill and 2 minutes
                  even if you completely mess up and die a few times. Regalia nuclear blasts just cream minions totally. Without the set, the cooldowns
                  are too long and you keep having to run away to wait for them, which is a pain because of the auto-attack which means you keep
                  running back into the mobs.

Another issue I find: running trials early is a BAD idea. It ruins the game. The reason is that story mode all the way to near the end
                  of the fourth planet is then totally boring because its so easy, and you don't get any experience or any useful drops. This really
                  needs to be fixed. All story mode levels should be minimum equal to your hero's level. And that's not enough actually, because
                  as I said before, I creamed trial 7 at level 55 and ran all the way to TL19 without any problems at all. And they're all level 70.
                  The problem is I only got 5 levels .. and I completed story mode on Normal at the same time and the first planet of Heroic.
                  At this point I only had 8 of the 9 required items. The cooldown reduction from attributes and gemstones is worthless until
                  you have the 6 piece regalia reduction of 6 seconds. With crap gear you really cannot take out TL20 or so minions with frostbolt!
                  Its about 10 hits per skeleton. But you can wipe them easily with a nuke, some cleanup, and mob herding.

BTW: I rarely had more than about 30K gold. Luckily the one time I got offered a recipe I wanted I happened to have 80K gold
                  so I could buy it immediately. Gold disappears fast when you're crafting.
                  OMG. I am so silly that I feed the troll.

Comment

Oh, man! They're feeding the TROLLS again!
                    Last edited by MarkHark; 07-17-2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
                      Oh, man! They're feeding the TROLLS again!

Comment

Its plain rude and disrespectful to make such comments. We play with different styles and different goals. I'm sorry you can't see we may have different aims. Grow up and learn to see things from other people's perspectives.

Comment

bothering playing the ordinary game.
                          Alica2122
                          Almost everyone (apart from a few "look at at me, I'm the god of games" people) thinks that ANB is not for them. They can't and don't want to compete with out people but believe me, you will actually be competing with yourself. You learn a lot A LOT in ANB. You make mistakes and you know what wrong you did by the end of ANB. You will be focused to fix that in next ANB. At the same time you will be amazed how crazy fast you progressed in ANB. And average player like me reached 600 CLs in first ever ANB when my main hero was around 150 CL. The improvements in next ANB made me reach ~ 1200 CL in Gold i.e. 6 just hours of active play. And I believe I can still do better. It's a different kind of rush. It's like adrenaline is flowing through your veins instead of blood You will know once you participate. Also C-Boxes are a great reward .

You just have to ready for ANB. Gather some 5k gems which can easily be gained in 1 month. Also don't forget to watch FendyBt2 thread on quickly leveling to 70, it has some great tips.

Comment

Working...
                          X