Helping Mobile Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helping Mobile Players

I have a suggestion to help remove some of the disadvantage of playing on mobile.

Add a button on the left of the screen to switch the two primary attacks around.
    This won't help Windows players, in fact it may be a disadvantage so it should be possible to turn this feature on and off in the settings menu.
    It needs to be on the left so left hand finger can activate it. (

In high trials, a two finger attack is effectively impossible.
    If I do this, I risk moving instead of attacking, or attacking the wrong target.
    Instead I do it against a lone minion and use auto attack on move, but then one slip
    with a one finger tap and I'me attacking with the #1 attack instead.

For both Android and Windows players another feature may be useful.
    Diablo II always allowed you to press SHIFT to ensure clicks meant attacks not moves.
    Everyone used that universally, the game was unplayable without it.

In Eternium we actually need three modes: (1) move, (2) attack, and the (3) current mode, based on where you tap.
    I'm not sure the best way to implement this. I think a 1/3 toggle might be good, with auto attack on move
    still operating in move mode (if selected in settings). I note attacks(2) are also moves, the hero moves
    into range to do the attack. It may also be useful to ensure auto attack hit the nearest target,
    NOT the last primary target (which is almost always not what you want, running away
    and then running straight back into the middle of a mob doesn't make sense).

More experienced players than me might be able to suggest a better method.

The left of the screen has plenty of space: there's no need for the attack/ability
    icons to be so big. Perhaps top left corner may be an option too. Not sure.

A two finger attack can be used to control mobility in mobile play. I never had an issue with 1 and 2 fingers tap for that matter.

What's hard is the target accuracy. Cause that will require you to tick the exact target which is usefull on elimimating the most dangerous monster in the pack. That is almost impossible especially on large pulls when playing mobile. It will be easier in iPads or tablets but pc will be supreme.

Comment

I have enough issues with a one finger attack. Two is utterly impossible for me (on a phone). I can't even land both fingers at once, and i have no idea how the target is selected. Is it the midpoint between the two fingers? Perhaps you can explain what you mean by "control mobility". Am I using my fingers incorrectly?

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrill View Post
        I have enough issues with a one finger attack. Two is utterly impossible for me (on a phone). I can't even land both fingers at once, and i have no idea how the target is selected. Is it the midpoint between the two fingers? Perhaps you can explain what you mean by "control mobility". Am I using my fingers incorrectly?
        I don't know either how target is selected at 2 finger tap but I can at least control the direction and utilize the maximum range with it.

As for controlling mobility, you stop moving the moment you 2 tap your fingers and executes the attack. That gives you control on your positioning considering my first statement.

Comment

there are several ways to solve this problem.

1. neglect the PC players, try to focus on yourself
          2. join them
          3. delete this game

don't try to compete with them, don't ever think about it ---- "if we have xxxx then we can stand a chance" ------ no, we don't.
          For Gold And Glory

Comment

Originally posted by 123Klutz View Post
            there are several ways to solve this problem.

1. neglect the PC players, try to focus on yourself
            2. join them
            3. delete this game

don't try to compete with them, don't ever think about it ---- "if we have xxxx then we can stand a chance" ------ no, we don't.
            This appears, incorrectly, to assume, that I alone have a problem, but this is not the case. My suggestion is meant to improve the game for everyone, especially mobile players. Therefore, none of your points is a solution. My suggestion may not work, however the devs could try it out to see if it does (something I can't do). Eternium is a really good game, but it has a number of issues as it stands, and lacks some of the things that made Diablo so popular which may be in the works down the track: Diablo was a social media platform, most players spent more time chatting in the chat rooms or even whilst playing, helping out other players level up, and meeting new people.

In any case much of the time playing Eternium I feel I'm battling the interface, not the monsters. It's remarkable that the devs could make this style of game work on a phone at all. A great achievement. But in an RPG, even this style, the idea is that one feels one IS the hero, and that means feeling in control. When I die, or fail to clear a trial in time it is almost always because I cannot control my char, not because I have made a tactical error. If I'm going to attack by drawing a rune, and that's the primary way Regalia Mages attack, the map has to stay still, which means I have to do a primary attack on a monster from a clear area so I don't get killed whilst drawing the rune, and, I must not miss the primary attack or I'll run into the mob and die, and, I must not actually kill the monster I'm targeting either, or the hero moves and my rune misses its target. Sure, there are ways to do this, but like I said: I'm fighting the interface.

Anyhow there are bad guys ahead so i have to get back to it .. :-)

BTW: I actually do (3) at the moment, for different reasons. I've probably played the start more times than anyone else. My experience at the moment is that the game is fun up to a point then drops dead. So I've tried all sorts of different ways to try to keep the game flowing. This isn't an interface issue, its the ad limit that kills it. Early in the game at least you need gems to progress and you get plenty initially, but then the demand increases out of proportion and the supply dries up too. I guess in midgame, the lack of crafting resources becomes the problem. One can grind to get more, but there's no way to progress with the ridiculous number of hours required for raising higher level abilities up to 10 except to stop playing. So its a great game I think, to play on the train on the way to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrill
              BTW: I actually do (3) at the moment, for different reasons. I've probably played the start more times than anyone else. My experience at the moment is that the game is fun up to a point then drops dead. So I've tried all sorts of different ways to try to keep the game flowing. This isn't an interface issue, its the ad limit that kills it. Early in the game at least you need gems to progress and you get plenty initially, but then the demand increases out of proportion and the supply dries up too. I guess in midgame, the lack of crafting resources becomes the problem. One can grind to get more, but there's no way to progress with the ridiculous number of hours required for raising higher level abilities up to 10 except to stop playing. So its a great game I think, to play on the train on the way to work.
              I dunno about you but I don't spend (don't need to) any gem outside ANB. I still have 11.8k+ gems and need only 5k for next ANB. I have no idea what to do with rest of em

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post

I dunno about you but I don't spend (don't need to) any gem outside ANB. I still have 11.8k+ gems and need only 5k for next ANB. I have no idea what to do with rest of em
                You can donate it to me .

Comment

Yttrill What CL and TL level are you, if you don't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Altheo 42 View Post
                    Yttrill What CL and TL level are you, if you don't mind.
                    I keep deleting and restarting. So my current hero is level 60. I have opened two slots: upgrade #2 and ability #2. This ad run, I will finally get upgrade #3. I am stuck at the moment on TL7 and the second last map on Normal Story. I have GMC and 3 pieces of Regalia. The drops for two days all got salvaged. All rubbish. No useful Recipes for cash yet. Really badly slowed down by that, without the 4th Regalia item cooldowns are really long. That's fine on lower trials because I can wipe out the whole trial with a one or two nukes but on level 7 the nukes don't do enough damage. Most of my items are socketed with Teardrop Sapphire or Ruby.

Last hero was TL56/CL180 or something, with full GLR/GMC/Integ cape but blocked by the ridiculously slow upgrade times, with only one upgrade slot.
                    That round I spent all my gems buying Recipes. I got lucky with drops, I only had to craft one item. But do the calc, to get say 5 skills to level 10 would
                    literally take a month. The ad limit means basically the best way to play the game is not to play much.

I've also played with 5 heroes, 4 made it to level 70 before I got totally bored. All 5 ran Act1 5 times. So more gems, but more heroes in need of them.

Anyhow I'm just about to get the 1K gems I need to open upgrade #3. This way I can get level 10 skills 2.5 times faster than with 1 upgrade slot. Heh: I am actually level 61 but I have synergy 75 :-) We'll see if I can get this one moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrill View Post

I keep deleting and restarting. So my current hero is level 60. I have opened two slots: upgrade #2 and ability #2. This ad run, I will finally get upgrade #3. I am stuck at the moment on TL7 and the second last map on Normal Story. I have GMC and 3 pieces of Regalia. The drops for two days all got salvaged. All rubbish. No useful Recipes for cash yet. Really badly slowed down by that, without the 4th Regalia item cooldowns are really long. That's fine on lower trials because I can wipe out the whole trial with a one or two nukes but on level 7 the nukes don't do enough damage. Most of my items are socketed with Teardrop Sapphire or Ruby.

Last hero was TL56/CL180 or something, with full GLR/GMC/Integ cape but blocked by the ridiculously slow upgrade times, with only one upgrade slot.
                      That round I spent all my gems buying Recipes. I got lucky with drops, I only had to craft one item. But do the calc, to get say 5 skills to level 10 would
                      literally take a month. The ad limit means basically the best way to play the game is not to play much.

I've also played with 5 heroes, 4 made it to level 70 before I got totally bored. All 5 ran Act1 5 times. So more gems, but more heroes in need of them.

Anyhow I'm just about to get the 1K gems I need to open upgrade #3. This way I can get level 10 skills 2.5 times faster than with 1 upgrade slot. Heh: I am actually level 61 but I have synergy 75 :-) We'll see if I can get this one moving.
                      Holy Fk! Almost everything you've done is categorised as 'things not to do in Eternium'!

Ummm.... Where do I start...

First of all stop wasting gems. Don't spend on ANYTHING outside ANB apart from opening all 5 hero slots ( to get gems form daily quests) and main inventory.

Accept daily rewards and complete daily quests. You have to accept quests from all heros and then complete them all with any 1 hero.

Collect a lot of gems, 5k at least , for ANB

Wait for ANB. Till then watch Fendy's videos on how to lvl hero to 70 in 30 minutes.

Raise your crafting mastery lvl to as high as possible. There are threads in forum on how to do that.

Buy any recipe available for gold. Whether you want it or not, just buy it. You will eventually buy all of em. You never know when you need one.

Rest of details (when ANB starts) are too much for me to type on phone
                      Last edited by ShotDead; 07-06-2019, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Altheo 42 View Post

You can donate it to me .
                        I would gift em to you if I could

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post

Holy Fk! Almost everything you've done is categorised as 'things not to do in Eternium'!
                          That depends on your goals. Mine may be different to yours. I have no interest in ANB.
                          I set my own goals and try to achieve them. Eternium doesn't have any fixed goals,
                          except perhaps how high a trial can you break. I will never compete in that area on mobile.
                          I could switch to PC for endgame. But it's also possible, the amount of boredom required
                          to get enough resources to climb high on the leaderboard is too much, in which case
                          I'll just stop playing.

I've read everything in the forums, watched most of the videos. Still learning some tricks
                          of course. But if you have to wait for special events to progress the game design needs a lot of work.

BTW: I've been gaming since the '70s and once ran my own game company.

So just as an example, after finally getting upgrade#3 open, i was able to get to 200 gems. Now, I've been blocked for 2 days on trial 7. I wanted to get passive #2 open. But I had to bite the bullet and spend 200 gems on Regalia boots recipe. I crafted a nice Epic and immediately broke trial 8, then 9, 10, and 11. See, now I have Elemental Fury so my level 7 frostbolt now does a heap more damage (and I crafted power and vit on the boots as well as movement). And at trial 11 Magroth kindly dropped Regalia Pants. With movement! Sure, both new items are only level 62 but it doesn't matter. All I need is the hat and Integ cape and i can blow away all the trials to 50. And that's because I broke the rule. The rule is for train players and people *already* in end game.

In 3-4 days the three core Regalia skills: frostbolt, immolate, and frost nova, will be level 10 and all have special bonuses only acquired at level 10. I wish I could do 2 finger attacks because fireball does too. That should get me to TL75 I guess. Be sure, i will pay gems for a Regalia hat or Integ cape. The daily gem quota is ~250 gems from ads. The spend is necessary to keep progressing. And THAT is my goal. i dunno about reaching TL100 yet.

Comment

No offense but you are really wasting a lot of gems. Hope you know that unlocking cost for inventory, companions, passiv- and abilityslots are reduced during anbs. So even4if you are not interested in pushing high in anbs, you might wanna use them to unlock your heroes! Upgrade slots aren't reduced though. You can look up detailed prices in nhats anb faq guide, think it's around 1550 gems to unlock everything need with gems... Already including those 1300 gems for upgrade slots.

BTW I did the same mistake on 1 of my chars not even knowing about anb and those advantages. Also general xp/gold/gemstone drop rate increase during anb will help alot to push your CL which will make you able to farm at higher trials where set item drop rates are much higher!
                            Last edited by Tempest1503; 07-06-2019, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest1503 View Post
                              No offense but you are really wasting a lot of gems. Hope you know that unlocking cost for inventory, companions, passiv- and abilityslots are reduced during anbs. So even4if you are not interested in pushing high in anbs, you might wanna use them to unlock your heroes! Upgrade slots aren't reduced though. You can look up detailed prices in nhats anb faq guide, think it's around 1550 gems to unlock everything need with gems... Already including those 1300 gems for upgrade slots.
                              Er, but that's only for your AnB hero isn't it? Which you can't keep. Actually I played an AnB once but deleted the hero. At the time I didn't know you could use stashed Gems. What else carries over into AnB? What can you bring back (apart from items your hero is wearing)?

Comment

Working...
                              X