Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Times vs gems economy (or Is it worth to use boosters?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Times vs gems economy (or Is it worth to use boosters?)

We all spend time for farming gems and then spend gems for boosters for farming resources/golds/XPs. Given that we all have limited times for playing, what is the most efficient way to do it?

If we consider only pure times for watching ads (farming XPs/resources on mobiles), each ad may have duration 10-30s, averagely 20s for 5 gems, or 15 gems per minute. XP boosters cost 30/75/200 gems for 50/100/200% more XPs. We can make a comparison as follows:

Booster time playing time watching ads XP received efficiency
    0 30 min 0 100% 3.33
    50% 30 min 2 min 150% 4.68
    100% 30 min 5 min 200% 5.71
    200% 30 min 14 min 300% 6.81

The 200% boosters clearly have the best ratio here. However, if we consider total time of farming gems, around 7 gems per minute (farming ads on mobiles and XPs on computer), the results are little different. The 200% XP boosters still have the best ratio but there is no big difference.

Booster time playing time for farming gems XP received efficiency
    0 30 min 0 100% 3.33
    50% 30 min 4 min 150% 4.41
    100% 30 min 11 min 200% 4.87
    200% 30 min 30 min 300% 5

If we consider more conservative efficiency of gem farming, only 5gems/min, then the 100% XP booster win:

Booster time playing time for farming gems XP received efficiency
    0 30 min 0 100% 3.33
    50% 30 min 6 min 150% 4.16
    100% 30 min 15 min 200% 4.44
    200% 30 min 40 min 300% 4.28

For farming golds/gemstones, as currency boosters are much cheaper, the 200% boosters clearly win in all conditions.

Conclusion: even in normal game without events, it is still worth to use larger boosters. Even we need to invest time to farm gems for the boosters (and no XPs/golds during farming gems), we still have better results for the same duration of playing.
    Last edited by Alica2122; 07-09-2019, 09:21 PM.

How many gems or gold could you have harvested while you were doing all this math

Comment

Originally posted by Dlkoning View Post
      How many gems or gold could you have harvested while you were doing all this math
      Some people in this forum actually take their time to study and post relevant information to help others.
      Others prefer to waste their time on pointless critics.
      Which one do you want to be?

Comment

It was a joke, unfortunately the emoji face I included did not go through. I appreciate the folks that are able to clarify things for us newbs

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post

Some people in this forum actually take their time to study and post relevant information to help others.
          Others prefer to waste their time on pointless critics.
          Which one do you want to be?
          I agree, that WE need to transfer gems/time to Alica 2122!

Comment

I am a bit confused ...please explain me this phrase "farming ads on mobiles and XPs on computer". The computer version of the game (Windows app) doesn't return ads for germ farming, but are you somehow suggesting it gives more XP per time unit than the mobile version of the game? if so, how much?
            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikael Oddmund View Post
              I am a bit confused ...please explain me this phrase "farming ads on mobiles and XPs on computer". The computer version of the game (Windows app) doesn't return ads for germ farming, but are you somehow suggesting it gives more XP per time unit than the mobile version of the game? if so, how much?
              Thank you.
              The resoning behind this is that mobile users typically take longer to finish a high-level trial than a PC-player with similar gear and skills, thus it's less time-efficient to farm XP on mobile.

Comment

This post is awesome and I love the calculation, but I have to point out that for XP the 200% boosts are extremely costly. While they may give the best XP for time playing, they also cost way more. They cost 6.6x the gems for 2x the XP, that's not efficient at all. I think until I have unlocked all the followers I could want, and stash tabs, and saved plenty of extra gems for reforge and sockets, I will stick to using 50% XP boosters.
                Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
                Teran - CL2000

Comment

Season Pass will now double the yield from any Booster: X gems from farming and an added X gems goes to your bank for later. (You can also use the ones in your pool without affecting the amount in the bank.)

Comment

Working...
                  X