Season #1 - Newbie Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season #1 - Newbie Question

I've actually been playing for a couple months pretty actively, so not really a newbie. I even made it into the top 10% on the leaderboard before it reset. I don't fully understand the season's leaderboard, but it appears to me that it's a rich get richer thing. My reasoning is as follows:

If you play the game from the beginning, you would have accumulated the best equipment and chance to get medals, none of which get reset, and make it easier to get more medals and advantages, etc. Getting into the top 100 of over 200,000 players, where earlier players already have a built-in advantage seems like an impossible task. Am I missing something? Is there an equalizer between seasons, or do only the players who have already reached the top have a chance of getting medals during these events?

The people that have been playing a while do have an edge on this event but I don’t think it’s wrong to reward the players that have been in the trenches a while.
    Be patient because a new ANB event will start after this event and everyone starts at 0 except gems and everyone has a time limit. This will even the playing field for the most part.

Comment

It's not like that yet, but maybe could be down the road sometime. There's a few things to keep in mind. First off, this season introduced new gear making everyone's old gear somewhat obsolete, that helps newer players catch up. Second, the medals don't do much, so I wouldn't worry about thrm, they probably add like .1% dmg and toughness, they are mostly just for show. Another thing to keep in mind is that XP and loot have been capped at T100 for a while, which I'm assuming is still in this season. This makes it so there's not as much of a power advantage to being at a high level, since you don't have to be able to do T130s to get good XP and gear. Overall, it may take some time to catch up and get the gear and jewelry, but not that bad.
      Last edited by Terranisaur; 07-11-2019, 09:58 PM.
      Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
      Teran - CL2000

Comment

Originally posted by mark000 View Post
        I've actually been playing for a couple months pretty actively, so not really a newbie. I even made it into the top 10% on the leaderboard before it reset. I don't fully understand the season's leaderboard, but it appears to me that it's a rich get richer thing. My reasoning is as follows:

If you play the game from the beginning, you would have accumulated the best equipment and chance to get medals, none of which get reset, and make it easier to get more medals and advantages, etc. Getting into the top 100 of over 200,000 players, where earlier players already have a built-in advantage seems like an impossible task. Am I missing something? Is there an equalizer between seasons, or do only the players who have already reached the top have a chance of getting medals during these events?
        There is an equalizer but I hope you don't expect someone playing for a couple of month to beat up someone playin from years. The biggest advantage old players have is of CLs. Yes medals make a difference but thats a tiny bit of difference that may matter at extremely high TLs. CLs have a soft limit of 2300 and it gets pretty nasty after 2100 so you can still catch an old player but it takes time. The best thing for you to do right now would be learn the tips n tricks of game, accumulate gems and wait till ANB starts which will be pretty soon once the beta goes live to all platforms. ANB is where you make the most of it. Read forum on how to level quickly in ANB and where to spend gems. Just 2 ANBs and I'm at 1800+CL. If a lazy a$$ person like me can get in top 100 in ANB, you sure can do much better. Don't expect too much form your 1st ANB, you will be making a lot of mistakes. Learn from them and beat some azz in 2nd one.

Comment

Originally posted by Terranisaur View Post
          First off, this season introduced new gear making everyone's old gear somewhat obsolete, that helps newer players catch up.
          Every time the game updates with new gear options, we all have to make adjustments. I just replaced two Whirlwind Axes on my train ride this morning to get the latest updates and salvaged the old ones. The season is 80 days, which is extremely long in Eternium time. Plenty of time for a beginner to develop a new hero and make a run at the leaderboard. Some players have been at this for years, so naturally they have more Champion Levels (CL) than newer players. However, after the previous update, my top 100 Warrior gear is all gathering dust in my stash, so I feel like I am starting over again. If you focus on one hero type and use the forum to ask questions as you learn the game, you should be ready for the next A New Beginning event (ANB) where everyone starts out with a new hero with no CL points. In the meantime, complete the daily and season challenges to save up as many gems as you can and start collecting gear recipes so you will be ready.

Comment

What makes Eternium more interesting to me is that there are equipment drops which allow folks to either adjust their play style, reforge or salvage to craft gear with what seems to be better characteristics. As you gain more CL from your efforts, you are able to use different gear that previously seemed without value. Mostly, for me Crafting is gold-limited. I have accumulated significant amounts of resources, but transforming essences can eat up gold.

---

I have also noticed with Season 1, Story mode, (even the First World) can provide significant value. I got two Celestial essences from locked chests, while running Story 2, for <200 gems.

Comment

Working...
            X