Morgenheim vs. Drakenmoor Catacombs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morgenheim vs. Drakenmoor Catacombs

Most of us just keep farming for Gold and Gemstones Morgenheim, but i'm sure we almost forgot about Drakenmoor Catacombs. DC has 2 more chests, a better "linearity" when running towards the finish line, kind of easier enemies tho that isn't that important even at Legendary when a BH geared for farming can one-shot anything in seconds, but is important because in Morgenheim there are a lot of "ghost" enemies hidden until you approach them such as Skeleton Archers which makes the run even more time-consuming due to the fact that they have to be killed for the chests to be available for looting. The time needed to finish both si equal for me 1'25" - 1'30" at Legendary Gold geared, but due to these deifferences between the two maps, i find Drakenmoor Catacombs better for Gold/Gemstones farming.

What do you think? Am i missing any other reason for Morgenheim being better since most of the players speak only of it when it comes of farming...

I farm DC when required. Don't like Morg tbh

Comment

Well for those of us who during the week need to speed up daily gem farming (I'm looking at you merlock toads), I think DC has more of those pesky ragadam sisters, so can cut out the Anderhelm run(s) while making gold.

Comment

I like 4—47 with warrior BR+WW+SW.
        NAHi ViCU COTU 7388
        Mobile only SW Schrei

Comment

I farm 4-47 for crafting materials (as I need to craft 70+ gears) and ads, golds and gemstones are secondary products. Roughly 40s for each run, just kill as quickly as possible, do not try to clear all, ignore side boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post
            I farm 4-47 for crafting materials (as I need to craft 70+ gears) and ads, golds and gemstones are secondary products. Roughly 40s for each run, just kill as quickly as possible, do not try to clear all, ignore side boxes.
            I am talking about Gold and Gemstones farming, not craft materials
            So, i need to open those chests.

Comment

I'm a big DC fan too, those heaps of gear reaped give you the option of Salvage or Sell. I always felt a bit of a misfit not doing Morg, glad to see others do DC too.

oddly though the first 30 secs of DC are always in slow motion until the first chest, then they go back to the usual rabid weasel on amphetamines level of BH killing.

Comment

Having run them each ~100 times, I tend to prefer the Catacombs, though going CCW, I always hit Victory and then have to keep going CCW to get that last chest down the ramp. Then I need to spawn the portal, there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikael Oddmund View Post

I am talking about Gold and Gemstones farming, not craft materials
                  So, i need to open those chests.
                  If wearing EG gear + boosters, I still get 2M+ golds per booster without opening boxes. And no gemstones from boxes, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post

If wearing EG gear + boosters, I still get 2M+ golds per booster without opening boxes. And no gemstones from boxes, anyway.
                    Hmmm... 2M+ without opening boxes?
                    My current Gold is 645% from all gear pieces, without applying the 200% Booster. I run DC in 1'12''-1'17'', assuming i open all 13 chests or 12 of them. In such conditions i can't past 1.5 M Gold in 30 min. of Booster time.
                    What am i missing...?

Comment

Here is the copy of my analysis of running 4-47 (the original one was deleted accidentally)
                      https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...786#post125786

The two large boxes at the end of level 4-47 contain more golds than 7 side boxes + 2 small boxes together. By ignoring side boxes, you can reduce time of each run significantly, and may get the same amount of golds, if not more.

Comment

But which one is now the best place to farm for germstones? I lack them a lot these days...
                        TBH, The Siege or 4-47? Will be done with 200% Booster plenty enough to make 3 pieces of perfect jewelry, so i really need to farm the best place because i have a lot of gemstones to gather, so it should be the highest drop rate map for that...

Comment

Testing the two maps of Morgenheim and Drakenmoor Catacombs for establishing which one is better when it comes of combined farming of: Gold, Gemstones and Crafting Materials.
                          So, both maps were fully completed on every run to get maximum of all three types of ressources and that includes chests and monsters.

These are the facts:

- 645% more Gold up to 2136% (with 200% Gold Booster on)

- Difficulty used: Legendary.

- Morgenheim : 8 secondary chests + 2 boss chest(out of 11).
                          - Drakenmoor Catacombs: 11 secondary chests + 1 boss chest (out of 13).
                          - first chest of each of the two maps was rarely accessed due to the spawning beginning point and the time-consumming process of going for it. But when the spawning post was near the beginning of the map, the 1st chest has been accessed - rarely, 1 of 7 of 8 attempts.

- inventory was empty at the beginning of each pass-through.

- the test was ran on Eternium Microsoft Store App, so no Ads were accessed - the Gems came only from random monsters killing dropping.

- 2 Boosters of 200% more Gold and Gemstones were used, one consumed entirely on Morgenheim and one entirely on Drakenmoor Catacombs.

- screenshots of the crafting materials stash were made: 1st before beginning of Morgenheim and 2nd before beginning of Drakenmoor Catacombs. After each town returning all the items were salvaged, no matter their quality and there was no single item coming from other map other than the two tested, so all the differences come entirely from salvaged items from the two maps.

- screenshots showing total amount of Gold and Gems were made: 1st BEFORE starting Morgenheim, 2nd BEFORE starting Drakenmoor Catacombs and 3rd AFTER finishing Drakenmoor Catacombs.

So...these are the results:

0. Before starting the test:

Click image for larger version  Name:	T0_Gold and Gemstones.png Views:	0 Size:	325.0 KB ID:	141588

Click image for larger version  Name:	T0_crafting materials.png Views:	0 Size:	324.7 KB ID:	141589

1. After Morgenheim:

- Gold : 1,891,016
                          - Gemstones: 1,114 (sum of lv. 1 Gemstones + lv. 2 Gemstones multiplied by 3 and converted to lv. 1 Gemstones)
                          - Gems: 5
                          - Crafting materials: 6,110 Lesser Essences, 708 Essences, 90 Greater Essences.

Click image for larger version  Name:	T1_Gold and Gemstones.png Views:	0 Size:	335.4 KB ID:	141590

Click image for larger version  Name:	T1_crafting materials.png Views:	0 Size:	329.7 KB ID:	141591

2. After Drakenmoor Catacombs:

- Gold : 1,711,624‬
                          - Gemstones: 1,060
                          - Gems: 17
                          - Crafting materials: 4,906 Lesser Essences, 510, Essences, 64 Greater Essences.

Click image for larger version  Name:	T2_Gold and Gemstones.png Views:	0 Size:	333.5 KB ID:	141592

Click image for larger version  Name:	T2_crafting materials.png Views:	0 Size:	330.0 KB ID:	141593

BOTTOM LINE: Morgenheim wins over Drakenmoor Catacombs in every aspect when it comes of Gold, Gemstones and Crafting Materials.

Now that we've established that, one more comparison will be made:

Morgenheim vs. Morgenheim: will make a run without opening any secondary chest except the two boss ones at the end of the level and will compare it with the first results in which all the chests were open to see if those 8 secondary chests will make a difference in terms of Gold, Gemstones and Crafting Materials.

Enjoy!
                          Last edited by Mikael Oddmund; 07-15-2019, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Mikael Oddmund Thank you for running this test! It’s very helpful.

Comment

Ok, people...so:

These are the facts:

- Morgenheim vs. Morgenheim: will make a run without opening any secondary chest except the two boss ones at the end of the level and will compare it with the first results in which all the chests were open to see if those 8 secondary chests will make a difference in terms of Gold, Gemstones and Crafting Materials.

- 645% more Gold up to 2136% (with 200% Gold Booster on)

- Difficulty used: Legendary.

- inventory was empty at the beginning of each pass-through.

- the test was ran on Eternium Microsoft Store App, so no Ads were accessed - the Gems came only from random monsters killing dropping.

- 1 Booster of 200% more Gold and Gemstones was consumed entirely on Morgenheim.

- screenshots of the crafting materials stash were made: 1st before beginning of Morgenheim and 2nd after Morgenheim. After each town returning all the items were salvaged, no matter their quality and there was no single item coming from other map other than the one tested, so all the differences come entirely from salvaged items from the tested map.

- screenshots showing total amount of Gold and Gems were made: 1st before starting Morgenheim, 2nd after Morgenheim.

So...these are the results:

0. Before starting the test:

Click image for larger version

Name:	T0_Gold  And Gemstones.png
Views:	301
Size:	333.6 KB
ID:	141613

Name:	T0_Crafting Materials.png
Views:	212
Size:	323.4 KB
ID:	141614

1. After Morgenheim:

Name:	T1_Gold  And Gemstones.png
Views:	212
Size:	337.0 KB
ID:	141615

Name:	T1_Crafting Materials.png
Views:	213
Size:	330.0 KB
ID:	141616

Results:

- Gold : 2,143,498‬
                              - Gemstones: 1786 (sum of lv. 1 Gemstones + lv. 2 Gemstones multiplied by 3 and converted to lv. 1 Gemstones)
                              - Gems: 12
                              - Crafting materials: 10272 Lesser Essences, 1064 Essences, 120 Greater Essences.

Conclusion:

Morgenheim (4-47) it's currently the best map in terms of Gold farming, Gemstones farming corroborated with crafting materials farming (not above trials, but here we speak in terms of equillibrium between Gold, Gemstones and crafting materials) IF done WITHOUT any other chests except for the two boss ones!
                              It has to be done in 45-49 seconds, an average of 47 seconds per run.
                              BH for his auto-attack would be preferred among any other class.

It has been my pleasure testing and sharing the results with all our members.
                              Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                              X