Farming With Mage - Morgenheim vs Drakenmoor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farming With Mage - Morgenheim vs Drakenmoor

Hey guys. I've seen some farming posts recently, and I wanted to weigh in with my own results. I recently did a 100 drakenmoor runs, and I've just completed a 50 drakenmoor and 50 morgenheim runs post-patch. I've adjusted the gold for a 'theoretical max' lvl 70 gear gold find and rounded the values a bit for ease of reading. All values are with a 100% booster, so adjust accordingly.

Values with 100% booster. Adjust your numbers accordingly.
    Example: value shown is 10.
    No booster: 5
    50% Booster: 7.5
    100% Booster: 10
    200% Booster: 15

Morgenheim WITHOUT picking up chests:
    (Per Run)
    Gold: 40k
    Rough Gemstones: 30
    Lesser Essences: 883

Drakenmoor PRIMARILY chests starting in room with bone dragons on each side and the skeleton trap, before the long ramp:
    (Per Run)
    Gold: 49k
    Rough Gemstones: 22
    Lesser Essences: 765
    Rough Time Per Run Avg MOBILE: 60 seconds. PC <55 seconds

All other drops seemed negligible, like greater crafting mats, mark of titans etc.

EDIT: Adding per min and per 30 min.

Morgenheim:
    Rough Time Per Run Avg MOBILE: 52 seconds. PC: 42 seconds

Per min:

Morgenheim MOBILE:
    Gold: 42.7k
    Rough Gemstones: 34.4
    Lesser Essences: 1016

Morgenheim PC:
    Gold: 53k
    Rough Gemstones: 42.7
    Lesser Essences: 1261

Per 30 min:

Morgenheim MOBILE:
    Gold: 1,281,026
    Rough Gemstones: 1032
    Lesser Essences: 30477

Morgenheim PC:
    Gold: 1,590,700
    Rough Gemstones: 1281
    Lesser Essences: 37845

Drakenmoor:
    Rough Time Per Run Avg MOBILE: 60 seconds. PC: 54 seconds

Drakenmoor MOBILE:
    Gold: 45,702
    Rough Gemstones: 21.7
    Lesser Essences: 765.1

Drakenmoor PC:
    Gold: 50,273.000
    Rough Gemstones: 23.9
    Lesser Essences: 842

Per 30 min:

Drakenmoor MOBILE:
    Gold: 1,371,083
    Rough Gemstones: 652
    Lesser Essences: 22954

Drakenmoor PC:
    Gold: 1,508,191
    Rough Gemstones: 717
    Lesser Essences: 25249

Thoughts:
    Morgenheim:
    Morgenheim is the clear winner. I wanted Drakenmoor to be better, but if you skip the chests and use the pull method to gather then quickly eliminate the enemies it's clearly better. They are more or less tied for gold (if you count the extra run time for Drakenmoor), and Morgenheim is much better for gemstones and essences. The downsides to Morgenheim is that it's harder to stop and pick up ad boxes, and it can be tricky to get good times on Mobile. I was dropping below 10 FPS at times and trying to fat finger around giant pull packs was kind of a joke. Also, the runs being shorter is good for your boost timer, but the loading and salvage time between runs does take time.

Drakenmoor:
    Drakenmoor has one big advantage: easier to watch ad boxes. Since you are going slowly chest to chest, it's easy to stop and pick up 3-4 ad boxes per run. This alone could make it still worth to farm. Also, it's far easier to farm, especially on mobile. You don't need nearly the good gear, and could be better for newer accounts.

I've seen lots of BH videos with people stacking move speed and toughness and running through pulling giant packs of mobs, but I've yet to see a Mage video. I'm using an Apprentice mage and getting similar times on Morgenheim. 'Good' Spawn and it's around 35-40 seconds. I think I'm right around 40-45 with a fairly bad spawn in this video:

https://youtu.be/dQ_TiUlYz6o

My gear isn't optimal so I don't show it. Basically just get CR,CD then mix H and AR. Max gold.
    I use fleet footed, celerity and glass cannon for passives.
    Last edited by Terranisaur; 07-16-2019, 12:42 PM.
    Mainly Mobile, Mainly Mage
    Teran - CL2000

I'm glad you put this together. I might switch to Mage farming! You know, because my main class is Mage.

I also wanted Drakenmoor to be better. It's a better looking level, and I discovered that it would be a great place to farm on my own rather than hearing about it from someone else. You made a great point about Drakenmoor, by the way.

Originally posted by Terranisaur View Post
    It's far easier to farm, especially on mobile. You don't need nearly the good gear, and could be better for newer accounts.
    Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30 (no celestial or Lv.75 gear)
    Regalia Mage: Shade, TL 141 in 9:35
    ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

Guides:
    Farming Gold and Gemstones
    Crafting Gear Level 71-75
    Farming Level 72 Unique Capes
    Maxing Your Crafting Mastery on a Budget

Comment

Usually the gold farming comparison is made per min (or rather per 30 min) and not per run. Just Sayin

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post
        Usually the gold farming comparison is made per min (or rather per 30 min) and not per run. Just Sayin
        Alright, I added per min and per 30 min.
        Teran - CL2000

Comment

When I farm Morgenheim, I will open more chests since they give Gold and a small chance of Crafting Materials. On average, I get roughly around 60-70k gold per run. I do Morgenheim runs in around 40-45 seconds too.
          Sanctum - YOCU REGO JASE 0953

Has left the game

Crafting vs Trial Farming for Lvl 71-75 Legendary Gears
          Morgenheim Gold Run

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctum View Post
            When I farm Morgenheim, I will open more chests since they give Gold and a small chance of Crafting Materials. On average, I get roughly around 60-70k gold per run. I do Morgenheim runs in around 40-45 seconds too.
            Do you run with mage? If you can actually do a morg run while opening all the chests in 45 seconds I would love to see it! You should def upload it and link it
            Teran - CL2000

Comment

Do you run with mage? If you can actually do a morg run while opening all the chests in 45 seconds I would love to see it! You should def upload it and link it
              Yeah I run it with a mage. Haha, can't show you how I do it because it's a secret. Kidding. Sure, will see if I have the time to do it since I'll be busy these few days. Do remind me if I forget.

Has left the game

Morgenheim Gold Run

Comment

Yeah I run it with a mage. Haha, can't show you how I do it because it's a secret. Kidding. Sure, will see if I have the time to do it since I'll be busy these few days. Do remind me if I forget.
                Looking forward to see it, too. I tried to farm with mages but for me, BH is faster.

Comment

I can't seem to upload the video, the file size is too big despite me trying to reduce its size. Anyone knows the maximum size that we can upload?

Alica2122 I see. If you feel BH is faster, then you should continue using BH for farming gold.

Has left the game

Morgenheim Gold Run

Comment

I can't seem to upload the video, the file size is too big despite me trying to reduce its size. Anyone knows the maximum size that we can upload?
                    I haven't insert any video, but judging other posts, tt seems that the best way is uploading your videos to youtube first, then insert the link.

Alica2122 I see. If you feel BH is faster, then you should continue using BH for farming gold.
                    really interested to learn from others .

Comment

Okay Alica, thanks. Will probably have to upload the video to Youtube then. Will post it later.

Has left the game

Morgenheim Gold Run

Comment

Yeah, YouTube then link is what I had to do. It's pretty easy to set up an account and get started with YouTube anyways.
                        Teran - CL2000

Comment

Yeah, YouTube then link is what I had to do. It's pretty easy to set up an account and get started with YouTube anyways.
                          Alright sure man. I'll do that later.

Has left the game

Morgenheim Gold Run

Comment

Here you go guys.

Link to my Morgenheim Gold Run - https://youtu.be/RlvuxN4oL2o

Has left the game

Morgenheim Gold Run

Comment

Here you go guys.

Link to my Morgenheim Gold Run - https://youtu.be/RlvuxN4oL2o
                              That's a partial clear on normal, I guess that's why it's so fast . Dude you cleared T145? Sick. Arcanist or Regalia this season for pushing? Arcanist or Regalia for speed T100s? You could probably share a video of a high arcanist clear I haven't figured it out yet, haven't spent much time on it tho.
                              Teran - CL2000

Comment

Working...
                              X