Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any plans to sell CE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any plans to sell CE

    I think that would be the fair thing to do because otherwise the players that didn't exploit that bug are assed out without any way to make it up. No amount of grinding is going to let us compete against people with every item equipped being a celestial item.

    Give something back to the honest players that have supported the game since the beginning.

  • #2
    Good idea. Celestial crate box, like MoTs.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Wagstaffer View Post
      I think that would be the fair thing to do because otherwise the players that didn't exploit that bug are assed out without any way to make it up. No amount of grinding is going to let us compete against people with every item equipped being a celestial item.

      Give something back to the honest players that have supported the game since the beginning.
      No grinding will do it because I am convinced they are no longer avail. at all. I have gone through all 4 acts and hit every gold chest and found not one.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by helopilot View Post

        No grinding will do it because I am convinced they are no longer avail. at all. I have gone through all 4 acts and hit every gold chest and found not one.
        Same here. I made sure I got to legendary because nothing was appearing in the chests but after 2 or 3 hours of grinding I checked the forums and sure enough they were patched out.

        Comment


        • #5
          When Seasons first started I needed to "farm" MoTs. I went to Act 1 and farmed locked chests only, 100s of times.

          Suddenly appearing in one of my Locked Chests was a CE... (maybe 0.2%)

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm interested to see how this incident is handled. It won't effect me much either way; I had many Celestial items to salvage when the event started, but I imagine there are many people who spent money on gems and used those gems to open chests which had Celestial Essences in them. Those people are not upset right now. However, many people who didn't spend money on Celestial Essences are upset right now. If you take the Celestial Essences away from those people who paid for them, then you will have many paying customers who are upset, and many people who did not pay money and are not upset.
            Last edited by Shade Glow; 07-17-2019, 09:08 PM.
            Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30 (no celestial or Lv.75 gear)
            Regalia Mage: Shade, TL 141 in 9:35
            ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

            Guides:
            Farming Gold and Gemstones
            Crafting Gear Level 71-75
            Farming Level 72 Unique Capes
            Maxing Your Crafting Mastery on a Budget

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Shade Glow View Post
              I'm interested to see how this incident is handled. It won't effect me much either way; I had many Celestial items to salvage when the event started, but I imagine there are many people who spent money on gems and used those gems to open chests which had Celestial Essences in them. Those people are not upset right now. However, many people who didn't spend money on Celestial Essences are upset right now. If you take the Celestial Essences away from those people who paid for them, then you will have many paying customers who are upset, and many people who did not pay money and are not upset.
              I agree. I for sure don't want anyone that was fortunate enough to get them have them taken away. I'd like to see a way for those that didn't get them have some way to make it up

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
                When Seasons first started I needed to "farm" MoTs. I went to Act 1 and farmed locked chests only, 100s of times.

                Suddenly appearing in one of my Locked Chests was a CE... (maybe 0.2%)
                Did you at any time feel that you were "cheating" or that this was a bug that needed to be fixed? The code to implement this was done by MF. The two new graphics for the CE were done by MF. It was put in the mix for locked boxes like lots of other equipment's and resources. All perfectly normal and above board but some players did not get the msg. and by the time MF decided it was too easy to snag a Celestial, it was too late for many players. They are PO'd but they have no right to be. It wasn't a bug. It was a feature that has now been removed.
                FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

                Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Not so TerryDarc, one of the devs admitted it was a mistake in a post somewhere i saw. You do not get to say who or who does not, get to be PO'd. Now they have an opportunity to make their mistake right. I am a business owner and when I screw it up for my customers, I fix it. If they care about the customer, they will, if they don't.....well to hell with them. I was looking for a game when I found this one.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by helopilot View Post
                    Not so TerryDarc, one of the devs admitted it was a mistake in a post somewhere i saw. You do not get to say who or who does not, get to be PO'd. Now they have an opportunity to make their mistake right. I am a business owner and when I screw it up for my customers, I fix it. If they care about the customer, they will, if they don't.....well to hell with them. I was looking for a game when I found this one.
                    a) A mistake is not a bug.
                    b) People who find the mistake before it's a mistake are not cheaters.
                    c) To compound the mistake by removing Celestials from all those LB people would doubtless cause a lot of dissension. Maybe as many as there are of you guys who only wish you'd gotten in on the deal.
                    d) You're NOT PO'd? Coulda fooled me.
                    e) Clearly MF has withdrawn the CE's and so, yes, they now consider it a mistake. Too easy a way to give Celestials. I could not believe it when I saw it myself. Why do you think people immediately began hunting them, me included? I spent a lotta time looking. Now you want to make me and others lose them?
                    f) You're "goodbye cruel world" is not a good look for you. If you don't like the game, you don't have to threaten to quit. Settle down or quit. I don't, frankly care, but stop trying to penalize me and 3/4 of the LB that found the CE's.

                    I counted: of the LB top 100 there are 83 players who have Celestials which they might have gotten during ANB or maybe found recently. Checked a couple weeks ago and I was really surprised to see how few Celestials there were on the top 100 mages. The top 10 did not have many at all. Now... checking: one of the top 10 mages not loaded with them.
                    Last edited by TerryDarc; 07-18-2019, 02:16 PM.
                    FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

                    Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by helopilot View Post
                      Not so TerryDarc, one of the devs admitted it was a mistake in a post somewhere i saw. You do not get to say who or who does not, get to be PO'd. Now they have an opportunity to make their mistake right. I am a business owner and when I screw it up for my customers, I fix it. If they care about the customer, they will, if they don't.....well to hell with them. I was looking for a game when I found this one.
                      Sorry, if devs acknowledged that they have made a mistake, they should issue official statements. Do you see it anywhere? An answer in support channel in discord is an answer to a specific question from a specific user, it is definitively not legitimate announcement.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Initially when CEs were introduced in the game and were dropping, no one knew that it was not intended to be this way. Many thought that it was a new feature of the game. Its unfair to say that everyone who has farmed CEs have abused this bug. To be fair, there should be an option to convert their CEs and Celestial Transforms back to gems.

                        Also, I believe that there were no announcements regarding this in the forum so a lot of us are unaware that this feature wasn't intended and that the feature was removed in the subsequent patch.
                        Last edited by Sanctum; 07-18-2019, 09:05 AM.
                        Sanctum - YOCU REGO JASE 0953

                        Has left the game


                        Crafting vs Trial Farming for Lvl 71-75 Legendary Gears
                        Morgenheim Gold Run

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'll admit I'm unhappy about the missed opportunity. Why wouldn't I be? I wouldn't advocate taking anything away from anyone, but I don't think it's right to open a competition with a certain set of conditions, then change those conditions part way through. It's like changing the rules of a game after the first quarter. Participants expect the conditions of the contest to be consistent throughout. I don't think that's unusual or unreasonable.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by imlach_ View Post
                            I'll admit I'm unhappy about the missed opportunity. Why wouldn't I be? I wouldn't advocate taking anything away from anyone, but I don't think it's right to open a competition with a certain set of conditions, then change those conditions part way through. It's like changing the rules of a game after the first quarter. Participants expect the conditions of the contest to be consistent throughout. I don't think that's unusual or unreasonable.
                            Agreed. However, this is why it is still in beta, meaning there are probably some ongoing issues/bugs that need to be settled before the live version is released. Having said that, I understand how those who have missed this are feeling. Just hope that there will be a fair fix to this. No idea what to expect though.
                            Sanctum - YOCU REGO JASE 0953

                            Has left the game


                            Crafting vs Trial Farming for Lvl 71-75 Legendary Gears
                            Morgenheim Gold Run

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X