What's the point?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the point?

Before the season started, I had 7k gems and 20m hard earned gold. In the last week I have grinded trials like I have never done before since I started the game 2 years ago and only started getting a bit lucky in the last couple of days, with 1 lvl75 Stalker boots that I crafted and a couple of mediocre lvl73 & 74 weapons; I am talking dodge rating, XP, life regen (rerolled into crit damage) and bottom damage range "mediocre":
    Click image for larger version  Name:	woohoo.JPG Views:	241 Size:	159.0 KB ID:	142584

All this farming and crafting until the Master Crafter perk gave me decent items above lvl72, resulted in my gems and gold plummeting to 3k and 1m respectively.
    But hey, I got myself the #7 spot a week into the season, so, woohoo!

Then the next morning I log in for my daily grind, this time focusing on gold farming to try and be able to start crafting again and lo and behold, I have dropped several spots in the leaderboard.
    Beside the obvious hacker in #1 spot which I won't bother comment on, as the devs usually clean those -23312342342135 damage guys promptly (thank you lads), I noticed a few other entries in the top 10, by players who apparently are still farming celestial essences by "playing" an older version of the game:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Obebi.JPG Views:	239 Size:	160.7 KB ID:	142585
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Abinnnn.JPG Views:	241 Size:	155.0 KB ID:	142586

Then I saw another, eye-opening topic in general chat which explains how these players have managed to celestial their crafts and have enough materials & gold to craft and celestial even more gear (not even going to touch the 2400 power levels...)

Which brings me to my original question to @྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) and the rest of the team: what's the f***ing point?
    Last edited by Chosen; 07-23-2019, 01:51 AM.
    I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

The point is, either become a Korean or STFU.

Comment

Just noticed the war supplies event... kind of seems anticlimactic now with players happily farming celestial essences lol

Comment

Originally posted by Arawn View Post
        Just noticed the war supplies event... kind of seems anticlimactic now with players happily farming celestial essences lol
        How?

Comment

I think it's fixed the CO farming. If one tries to install the previous version of the game can't enter the app without updating it first when prompt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikael Oddmund View Post
            I think it's fixed the CO farming. If one tries to install the previous version of the game can't enter the app without updating it first when prompt.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	142595

Comment

Perfect Morphious line loved it!

Comment

I noticed the same thing on the mage LB. This is the first time since I started playing that I’m not even remotely interested in the war supplies event. Grind for what? What’s the point? To have such obvious exploiters at the top of the LB at a time when cheating is the hot topic and STILL no comment from Devs is just ridiculous. And they want people to PURCHASE event packs?! Nope.

Comment

I've got no shot at the top of the LB, so I just play for fun.

It seems like the cheaters have a way to manipulate in game values (ie a trainer program or memory editor), so the only feasible way to stop them change the game engine. Banning doesn't seem to work, because they can create a new account and keep cheating. A few guys vs an entire hacker community.

Complaining about it doesn't help matters, because I'm pretty sure the developers knows what's going on. Telling us how they plan on stopping the cheaters/hackers will only give them a head start on how to circumvent those measures. I'm just enjoy the game and not breath down the development team's back. They've got enough on their plate.

Comment

Originally posted by mousse View Post
                    I've got no shot at the top of the LB, so I just play for fun.
                    If you play alone, even offline, it is OK. But if you participate on events, i.e. competitions with rewards, you cannot ignore other players.

It seems like the cheaters have a way to manipulate in game values (ie a trainer program or memory editor), so the only feasible way to stop them change the game engine. Banning doesn't seem to work, because they can create a new account and keep cheating. A few guys vs an entire hacker community.
                    We do not demand games without cheaters, we only demand that the known cheaters should be banned. We do not care if they create new account and cheat again, we demand only that KNOWN CHEATERS SHOULD BE PUNISHED.

Take a real life, there is not world without crimes, and the criminals may make new crimes after they get out from prison. But crimes must be punished, that is the base of society.

Banning will work, because that will eliminate all work invested in current account, including gems, gears and CLs.

Complaining about it doesn't help matters, because I'm pretty sure the developers knows what's going on.
                    Yes, they know and they ignore the issues for months. That is the reason we are complaining now.

Telling us how they plan on stopping the cheaters/hackers will only give them a head start on how to circumvent those measures. I'm just enjoy the game and not breath down the development team's back. They've got enough on their plate.
                    And we have enough, too. If nothing changes, then farewell, never see again.

Comment

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post
                      ...and they ignore the issues for months...
                      The issue isn't being ignored (and never has been).

Comment

Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post

If you play alone, even offline, it is OK. But if you participate on events, i.e. competitions with rewards, you cannot ignore other players.

We do not demand games without cheaters, we only demand that the known cheaters should be banned. We do not care if they create new account and cheat again, we demand only that KNOWN CHEATERS SHOULD BE PUNISHED.

Take a real life, there is not world without crimes, and the criminals may make new crimes after they get out from prison. But crimes must be punished, that is the base of society.

Banning will work, because that will eliminate all work invested in current account, including gems, gears and CLs.

Yes, they know and they ignore the issues for months. That is the reason we are complaining now.

And we have enough, too. If nothing changes, then farewell, never see again.

What would be nice is MF/DP coming out and saying what their position on the forbidden topic of exploit is.
                        a) "We're making money, off the cheaters so we can't piss them off. Rest of you hard charging, legit players can suck a lemon."
                        b) "We can't stop cheater cuz we don't know how"
                        c) "We could stop them but we'd have to rewrite every line of code and change the game" (ok, so do it)
                        d) "We don't have the resources" (but you do have a player community that is none too happy)
                        e) "We're WORKING on it g**damit!"

I've been thinking that MF/DP should make the user touch base every day by being on logged on and connected to the net. Provide the players credentials and progress which would be verified. You don't go from TL70 to TL135 in a day, e.g. Without a buttload of crafting (logged) you don't show up with 9 Celestial 75s the next day. Plus, I think you should have to EARN the right to play offline. Play online for a few days and hours and see what kind of progress they make. Then when the player goes offline, he/she doesn't suddenly become Superman.
                        FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post
                          I've been thinking that MF/DP should make the user touch base every day by being on logged on and connected to the net. Provide the players credentials and progress which would be verified. You don't go from TL70 to TL135 in a day, e.g. Without a buttload of crafting (logged) you don't show up with 9 Celestial 75s the next day. Plus, I think you should have to EARN the right to play offline. Play online for a few days and hours and see what kind of progress they make. Then when the player goes offline, he/she doesn't suddenly become Superman.
                          Looks quite reasonable to me!

Comment

Color me ignorant, but I don’t get the NEED to play offline. Who doesn’t have access to internet/LTE? I mean, I know you don’t always have access to WiFi, but that’s what unlimited data is for.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post

What would be nice is MF/DP coming out and saying what their position on the forbidden topic of exploit is.
                              a) "We're making money, off the cheaters so we can't piss them off. Rest of you hard charging, legit players can suck a lemon."
                              b) "We can't stop cheater cuz we don't know how"
                              c) "We could stop them but we'd have to rewrite every line of code and change the game" (ok, so do it)
                              d) "We don't have the resources" (but you do have a player community that is none too happy)
                              e) "We're WORKING on it g**damit!"

Maybe the position is a very simple, someone else cheating as zero effect on your playing the baseline game.

It also no longer has a material effect on your ANB or event experience since top leaderboard awards are just for bragging rights, skin gear.

If you want to compete, well, JIMHO,, exploits are rampant in all games and sports. Whether deflate gate, bounties, doping, you can play legit, and I wish more did, but we're basically chumps for doing so.

Comment

Working...
                              X