TL 145 Without Celestial or Lv.75 Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TL 145 Without Celestial or Lv.75 Gear

With all the buzz about people farming Celestial Essences and gaining an unfair advantage, I decided to craft a set of legendary Arcanist gear and see exactly how competitive I could be without using any Celestial Equipment. I decided not to go crazy with the crafting. I only had about 190 Marks of Titans to spend anyway. My character has the lowest sheet DPS of anyone in the top 10 on the Mages Leaderboard.

I started at TL 7 and made it past TL 145 in 17 trial runs. I had 0 failed trial runs. I died 14 times in the final trial run. Overall, I found this to be an easy achievement to attain. I imagine many other people could do the same thing. All I did was mash buttons, after all.

Here's a screenshot of my character, an Arcanist Mage, on the Mages Leaderboard:

Click image for larger version

Name:	TL 145 With no Celestial Gear.png
Views:	543
Size:	359.3 KB
ID:	142731

I hope to see more people fighting back against exploiters by forgoing the option to use Celestial gear.
    Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30
    ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

For a list of guides I've created, click here

I knew you were the kind to defy the celestial meta and stand out doing it. That's some crazy mofo sh*t right there! Congratulations man!
    KEFI BIPI VIMI 8073
    Garlic - TL100 Looter/Salvager/Crafter
    Playing exclusively for fun

Comment

you can do 155-159 with your gear... where is your point?

Comment

Originally posted by duckel View Post
        you can do 155-159 with your gear...
        I don't know about that. I haven't tried it yet, but I think TL 146 will be tough to beat with my gear. I will definitely need more DPS than this, if I'm going to push for TL 150.

Comment

Awesome achievement !
          We have a new Nekromant !
          Please don't get banned We still have no details why Nekro was banned

Comment

Your stats are a bit confusing. What’s the 8th ability that is “blank”?
            Last edited by Anjaeka; 07-23-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjaeka View Post
              thats the dream primer employee bonus dps jk, jk i think... lol

btw, Shade Glow this is very impressive and worries me less about dasomi's full xp gears...
              do you ever play mobile, or just pc?? curious, i find the new arcanist style to be even harder to play mobile than assault, imo... i will have a difficult time passing trial 134 with my arcanist on mobile, without more cp lvls and/or pc play...

edit: damn!!!... 32% dmg from cosmic ripple?... like, how?... lol i get like 6% dmg from cosmic and like +50% dmg from singularity with current playstyle.. didn't think cosmic could go much past 20% dps... damn...
              Last edited by 13ft shadow; 07-23-2019, 04:21 PM.
              TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
              bh stalker- Makina "corpse princess" - 141
              bh assault- Xiiift - 130
              warrior sw- Sabre - trial 137
              mage arcanist- Shadowiiix - trial 133
              bronze 3 bh stalker- Makina

Comment

Actually, It looks like you have the 5th highest DPS of all the top 10 mages and 2nd highest of the top 10 arcanist players, (coming in behind Abin of course). Or are you not looking at “total” DPS?
                For comparison, these are Sanctum’s stats:

Comment

Good job! Would have loved to see a video of that run.

Comment

That's weird. I don't recall seeing that last night when I completed the run. It's in the position where (Mirror) Arcane Lightning should be, and the amount of damage is close to the same. I'm guessing it's a bug. Radz pointed out that it's the damage caused by the explosion that occurs when Void Ward ends.

You've just reminded me, When I was doing these runs last night, I noticed something. It seemed like I didn't always have to switch to Arcane Lightning to keep it's effect active on the boss. Sometimes, the effect would be refreshed without me casting it. I'm thinking the game might be getting confused or unable to keep up with what's going on. I'll try to replicate it and make a video to see if I can't work up a solid bug report.
                    Last edited by Shade Glow; 07-24-2019, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Actually, It looks like you have the 5th highest DPS of all the top 10 mages and 2nd highest of the top 10 arcanist players, (coming in behind Abin of course). Or are you not looking at “total” DPS?
                      Yeah, my actual DPS is higher than my sheet DPS. Sheet DPS is the pink number (Damage 1,742,495).

Comment

Originally posted by 13ft shadow View Post
                        do you ever play mobile, or just pc?? curious, i find the new arcanist style to be even harder to play mobile than assault, imo... i will have a difficult time passing trial 134 with my arcanist on mobile, without more cp lvls and/or pc play...

edit: damn!!!... 32% dmg from cosmic ripple?... like, how?... lol i get like 6% dmg from cosmic and like +50% dmg from singularity with current playstyle.. didn't think cosmic could go much past 20% dps... damn...

I don't push trials on mobile. I used to play mobile for ad boxes, but I don't do it often anymore. These days, when I want extra gems, I do 5 star story completion.

I run a build that focuses more on cosmic ripple than other Arcanist builds that I've seen. I think this build would be very difficult to play efficiently on mobile. It would be fine if they made it possible to cast abilities by tapping the icon for that ability, and simply have it cast the ability at your character's location. This would need to be an option that can be toggled in settings, because some people might want to leave the option turned off to prevent accidental casting.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post
                          Awesome achievement !
                          I suspect that the reason is in the top 1 without one celestial item. Be careful!

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post

I suspect that the reason is in the top 1 without one celestial item. Be careful!
                            Oh ye of little faith, don't fret. I plan to post a video of a challenging run once I get to a point where I can't consistently complete the level without failure. I stopped at 145, because my wrists were getting sore from all the clicking. Arcanist is an insanely clicky build to play. Anyway, making these videos takes time. Meanwhile, I've recently completed a video of my TL 141 Regalia Mage run.

Last edited by Shade Glow; 07-24-2019, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post
                              Awesome achievement !
                              Who was Nekromant?

I'm not going to get banned... then again, you never know, I might end up saying something stupid in the forums that I didn't realize was against the ToS.

Comment

Working...
                              X