Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coda View Post

You did not read my post thoroughly.
    There was a time when CE's -> Celestial using a Legendary equp was 1:1. I know b/c I benefited - I have a post explaining to Nhat how it was done. Then it went to 3:1 which, considering how hard Celestials are to come by, was STILL a good deal. I have no idea what the status of CE"s is or if they even exist. Now, Celestials just get extracted randomly it seems from one's account. Go figure.
    FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Originally posted by Dlkoning View Post
      I echo the concerns, I farmed a lot of gems by viewing ads which support the devs, I bought overprice boxes with those gems to get the ce. I spent 500000 gold to convert 3 of those to make a celestial. Now all my celestials are gone and a boat load of gold
      Its a bug
      What you do is called "exploit".
      Developers have said that CE can only be obtained by decomposing C Item
      If your C items arent gone .
      It's not fair to the people who don't know this bug.
      The problem is Devs dont fix this bug on time.
      This is what we are disappointed about.

Comment

Originally posted by LStab View Post
        As i say.
        1 C Item = 1 CE
        You have 16 C Item before
        You have 10 C Item + 14 CE now
        10 + 14 = 24 > 16
        So how can you say they stolen your CE?
        if you had read my post thoroughly you would realize I had a total of 26 Celestials "before".

10 were salvaged voluntarily by me at 1:1 to 10 C.Essences. No ratio other than 1:1.

1 CE was picked up from a drop. That's 11 CEs before the update and the unfair action by the Devs.

Of the 16 remaining Celestials, 6 were forcibly converted to Legendary, netting +3 C.Essences. Obviously this is 2:1 (worse by half) not 1:1. It's possible (n) CEs were "stolen" and (n+3) were granted, with the same net of +3.

Total of 14 CEs at the end.

There were no "exploits" in this case. Your math was incorrect.
        Last edited by Coda; 08-12-2019, 08:45 AM.
        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Its a bug
          What you do is called "exploit".
          Developers have said that CE can only be obtained by decomposing C Item
          If your C items arent gone .
          It's not fair to the people who don't know this bug.
          The problem is Devs dont fix this bug on time.
          This is what we are disappointed about.
          I disagree. The devs did not say it was a bug. They do events and updates that promote farming. That way they can show x number of users spending x number of hours which drives ad revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post

if you had read my post thoroughly you would realize I had a total of 26 Celestials "before".

10 were salvaged voluntarily by me at 1:1 to 10 C.Essences. No ratio other than 1:1.

1 CE was picked up from a drop. That's 11 CEs before the update and the unfair action by the Devs.

Of the 16 remaining Celestials, 6 were forcibly converted to Legendary, netting +3 C.Essences. Obviously this is 2:1 (worse by half) not 1:1. It's possible (n) CEs were "stolen" and (n+3) were granted, with the same net of +3.

Total of 14 CEs at the end.

There were no "exploits" in this case. Your math was incorrect.
            Sorry,My English is poor.Now i got it.
            Wow.26 C Items,Few people have so many ..
            Maybe Dev dontknow you have more than 24
            You can Email them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dlkoning View Post

I disagree. The devs did not say it was a bug. They do events and updates that promote farming. That way they can show x number of users spending x number of hours which drives ad revenue.
              Its Their Fault
              They said its a bug in discord
              They dont annonce a message here

Comment

I have never been on discord

Comment

And why the hell do we need to find out about stuff on discord or the forum when we have in game mail and messaging that EVERYONE sees?! We shouldn’t have to hunt for information from DP/MF.

Comment

Wow. 26 C Items,
                    Few people have so many...
                    Maybe Dev dont know you have more than 24
                    I believe I received all that were possible since they were created.

I'm not going to waste my time emailing anyone. The algorithm which unfairly penalized me, surely also penalized all players, legit or exploiter/cheater, that had similar proportions of items. They did not design & implement the automated "fix" properly.

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Considering the sensitivity of this operation, I would have expected that the final execution -- removal of suspected ill-gotten CEs -- would be carried out under close human supervision, to avoid such costly and embarrassing mistakes. Maybe there were just too many accounts involved, but their testing was clearly inadequate. I hope the devs will read these reports and offer some kind of compensation to affected players, but it will probably not be anytime soon, seeing as they must be running frantically from one bug to the next at the moment. What an incredible, avoidable mess.

Comment

Originally posted by ScabbyNuisance View Post
                        Considering the sensitivity of this operation, I would have expected that the final execution -- removal of suspected ill-gotten CEs -- would be carried out under close human supervision, to avoid such costly and embarrassing mistakes. Maybe there were just too many accounts involved, but their testing was clearly inadequate. I hope the devs will read these reports and offer some kind of compensation to affected players, but it will probably not be anytime soon, seeing as they must be running frantically from one bug to the next at the moment. What an incredible, avoidable mess.
                        Let me just challenge a couple things you said: "removal of ill-gotten CE's" - this is bs. Me and a bunch of other users logged in to both the board where we found out about the CE's being distributed. That was not a bug. That was an apparent mistake on the part of MF/DP. Miss communication? Who knows? Don't know which. Don't care.

We went looking for the CE's in locked boxes where they were absolutely legit. We paid good gems for them and got rooked when we were repaid 20 gems per. We looked some more and found some more. No "ill-gotten" about it. DP/MF may have screwed up but don't put ANY of that blame on us users! I really resent the implication that I did anything wrong. Opportunistic? You bet. Happy I did it. Ditto. Would I do it again? Why ask why?

Second - and this has already been refuted IMO - there was no "running from bug to bug". You and I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes at the developer + marketer. You posit chaos at the developers and we just have no idea of their resources or their time lines or their schedules or whatever problems may face DP/MF. Personally, I love the game and wish them the best.
                        FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post
                          ...we just have no idea of their resources or their time lines or their schedules or whatever problems may face DP/MF. Personally, I love the game and wish them the best.
                          100% agree! We’d not be here at all if this program was like many of the “in game purchase” apps. Overall this product rivals many commercial games in my estimation.
                          I am behind the Eternium developers, “warts and all”.

Comment

Let me just challenge a couple things you said: "removal of ill-gotten CE's" - this is bs. Me and a bunch of other users logged in to both the board where we found out about the CE's being distributed. That was not a bug. That was an apparent mistake on the part of MF/DP. Miss communication? Who knows? Don't know which. Don't care.

We went looking for the CE's in locked boxes where they were absolutely legit. We paid good gems for them and got rooked when we were repaid 20 gems per. We looked some more and found some more. No "ill-gotten" about it. DP/MF may have screwed up but don't put ANY of that blame on us users! I really resent the implication that I did anything wrong. Opportunistic? You bet. Happy I did it. Ditto. Would I do it again? Why ask why?

Second - and this has already been refuted IMO - there was no "running from bug to bug". You and I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes at the developer + marketer. You posit chaos at the developers and we just have no idea of their resources or their time lines or their schedules or whatever problems may face DP/MF. Personally, I love the game and wish them the best.
                            Wow, smokin' hot take, Terry! Problem is, you've got my views on the CE Debacle of 2019 completely upside down and backwards. I wasn't going to respond, but I feel like I should set the record straight in case someone reads this later and takes my silence as agreement.

When I use the term, "ill-gotten," I'm talking about the CEs that were obtained in some manner that the devs feel was 'not legit.' Not talking about my own feelings here, just a shorthand description for the CEs they were targeting with their script that ran through everyone's accounts, plucking out whatever CEs or CTs or Celestial items they deemed to be illegitimate. By their standards, not mine. I personally bought 8 from locked chests, which I have posted about previously. I would be a weaselly, degenerate hypocrite if I did that myself and then pointed an accusing finger at you and many others who did the same. I have posted that we players "are not mind-readers," and have no way of knowing, when we see something new in the game, that it was unintended by the devs. It was posted on discord by MF/DP almost immediately after the screw-up that they viewed players who started buying the damn things as 'exploiting' the situation, which I have to say, I found an offensive characterization. Regardless, I bought no more after that, and dutifully patched as soon as it was available. But I, too, resented the implication.

Anyway, I don't want to belabor the point, but wanted to state for the record that I have not ever believed that players who obtained CEs through chests or drops were guilty of cheating, or exploiting a bug, or whatever. You can dig through my posts if you don't believe me. What I personally consider "ill-gotten," are CEs that were grabbed up by 'players' who knew how MF/DP felt about it, knew there was a patch available, and deliberately delayed patching the bugged code for as long as possible while mining untold boatloads. These are the god-like 'champions' who until very recently occupied nearly the entire top of the leaderboards, with their full complements of celestialized 75s. If the script had only removed those CEs, and not also gone through like a wrecking ball, knocking out Coda's, Fendy's and many others' unquestionably legit gear, I would be fine with it.

Anyway, just wanted you to know. I've read and appreciated your posts on these boards for quite some time, and was frankly, perplexed and dismayed that you directed this rant at me. I will try to be more clear in future, and hope you will give me the benefit of the doubt next time before giving me both barrels.

Scabby

Comment

Originally posted by ScabbyNuisance View Post

Wow, smokin' hot take, Terry! Problem is, you've got my views on the CE Debacle of 2019 completely upside down and backwards. I wasn't going to respond, but I feel like I should set the record straight in case someone reads this later and takes my silence as agreement.

When I use the term, "ill-gotten," I'm talking about the CEs that were obtained in some manner that the devs feel was 'not legit.' Not talking about my own feelings here, just a shorthand description for the CEs they were targeting with their script that ran through everyone's accounts, plucking out whatever CEs or CTs or Celestial items they deemed to be illegitimate. By their standards, not mine. I personally bought 8 from locked chests, which I have posted about previously. I would be a weaselly, degenerate hypocrite if I did that myself and then pointed an accusing finger at you and many others who did the same. I have posted that we players "are not mind-readers," and have no way of knowing, when we see something new in the game, that it was unintended by the devs. It was posted on discord by MF/DP almost immediately after the screw-up that they viewed players who started buying the damn things as 'exploiting' the situation, which I have to say, I found an offensive characterization. Regardless, I bought no more after that, and dutifully patched as soon as it was available. But I, too, resented the implication.

Anyway, I don't want to belabor the point, but wanted to state for the record that I have not ever believed that players who obtained CEs through chests or drops were guilty of cheating, or exploiting a bug, or whatever. You can dig through my posts if you don't believe me. What I personally consider "ill-gotten," are CEs that were grabbed up by 'players' who knew how MF/DP felt about it, knew there was a patch available, and deliberately delayed patching the bugged code for as long as possible while mining untold boatloads. These are the god-like 'champions' who until very recently occupied nearly the entire top of the leaderboards, with their full complements of celestialized 75s. If the script had only removed those CEs, and not also gone through like a wrecking ball, knocking out Coda's, Fendy's and many others' unquestionably legit gear, I would be fine with it.

Anyway, just wanted you to know. I've read and appreciated your posts on these boards for quite some time, and was frankly, perplexed and dismayed that you directed this rant at me. I will try to be more clear in future, and hope you will give me the benefit of the doubt next time before giving me both barrels.

Scabby
                              You're welcome!
                              FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Comment

I checked my toon after updating, I still have 4 celestial essences. All 4 bought from locked chests. I still have my old celestial cubes too. Apparently, four is under whatever magic number of CEs is deemed appropriate.

Just going to say this, I sure hope there was some secondary way of.getting CE drops.in trials because if this fix is just in response to.buying CEs.

ANnyway, sounds like the errors.keep.piling up.

Discord has.rumors that the devs 'know' how to.get rid of exploiters from ANB. TerryDarc please do me a favor and tag me in a post if they actually blast a hundred from the leaderboard. I still have hopes the devs will figure it out. Sad to.see more skilled players getting banned in discord. Still sadder to.see discord getting communication and forum not.

Devs need to.figure out all the angst in forum and discord and 90% of .players never come to.either. They just see broken game.

Comment

Working...
                                X