Bug or no bug?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug or no bug?

This is the question. I personally would consider 0:00 *remaining* time as a win. However, the trial (#127 vs the broken dragon) did not count against the leaderboard. Does anyone know the details/rules for these cases?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4514.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	145313
    MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 131
    Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103
    Avit, Noob Warrior, TL 101

It has been said here that, for leaderboard ranking, a trial must be completed entirely online. If a few packets got lost between you and the server while playing, it won't be considered valid for ranking purposes, but will still enable the next Trial level. Can you confirm if Trial 128 is now enabled?

Comment

#128 was not unlocked. It's no big deal, I just re-played #127 and finished with 0:56 left... :-) But it would be nice to know the rules related to that...
      MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103

Comment

I think that in order for it to count there must be at least 1 second left on timer. I have managed to kill boss just as timer clicked to 0, and did not get credit for kill or advance to next trial level.

Edit: Happened on T78 in this ANB, killed Elban as time ran out. Didn't get credit for completing trial, nor did I get access to T79. I did get gold and 3 useless gear drops.
        Last edited by RockDoc; 08-15-2019, 03:13 AM. Reason: Updated most current example.
        Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
        Ravenstar - BH (Assault), T100+
        Magenta - mage (ELR), T100+
        Greystone - BH (Assault, Au/Xp miner), T100+
        Rageon - Warrior (Jugg), T100+

Comment

During Bronze2 I finished my last trial with 0:00 left and get it credited with 9:59 on lb.
          I assume there are differences between 0:00 and 0:00 we just can't see.

Your 0:00 seems to be something like 0:00.25 while mine was a 0:00:75.
          Action-RPG-History: Diablo, Diablo2, Diablo3 ... Eternium

Bronze2: #62 Warrior (Dekay) TL118
          Silver2: #33 Mage (Nancy) TL129
          Gold2: #20 Mage (Nancy) TL131

Comment

Originally posted by Cyraph View Post
            I assume there are differences between 0:00 and 0:00 we just can't see.
            This may pretty much be the case, yeah... but it would still be somewhat stupid: in both cases there is still time left, may it be little as hell. Making a difference makes no sense here, IMHO. :-D

MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Lamine View Post
              #128 was not unlocked. It's no big deal, I just re-played #127 and finished with 0:56 left... :-) But it would be nice to know the rules related to that...
              Thank you for raising the questions and providing the clarification regarding the unlock status. I encountered the reverse situation multiple, multiple versions ago where the timer changed to "Expired" just a fraction of a second prior to the boss going down or it just seemed that way. This was way before they countdown froze like it does now so maybe it was just me not noticing the time fast enough as it was that close.

Anyways, the next level unlock occurred and the leaderboard showed a clearing time of either 9:59 or 10:00 but do not clearly recall which.

I do know this for certain as it happens most times that I clear a trial level even right now. The stopped countdown timer after completing the trial frequently shows a different time than the time shown by the leaderboard. The leaderboard time is always, at worst, the same or many times a shorter time. This caught my I because seeing the stopped countdown timer's time I knew that I had unlocked X levels but when going to the next level I found that I had actually unlocked X+1 levels and the leaderboard clock was 1 second faster.

I have always just assumed that my device isn't fast enough and the screen countdown display was actually lagging behind that actual official internal countdown. Your situation makes me now question that.

I look forward to seeing the official feedback.

NOTE: The above is a couple of days old from the 14th. I forget to hit Post Reply.

Comment

Working...
              X