Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upset at current ANB, anyone else?

Hey guys,

So I started playing playing Eternium 2 months ago and have been having fun. Was really looking forward to my first ANB. I even bought the seasonal gold and gem thing thinking I would get it before the next ANB. MF doesn't announce ANBs so when this suddenly showed up I had like 200gems. I figured I'd buy the 1200gems with more real money just so I can enjoy it properly

My goal for the ANB was to competatively climb the ladder. I know I wont come close to the whales or the pros but I still wanted to see how high I could get. I finished my timer 2 days ago and finished TL 116 with CL 1070. MF has a glitch where the ANB characters are mixed with the regular ones on the ladder board so I had no idea how I did.

I was looking at the forum today and got really annoyed. I started to read that people were able to make ephemeral legendary rings that gave huge boosts. It might be some negligence on my part but I normally read the forum and instructions pretty thoroughly and never saw anything on how its possible to make these. If I had them I probably could have gotten 150-200 more CL and 5-6 more TL.

On top of this issue I am now reading that people who are able to download the new patch get an extra 2 hours to their timer! Not only can I not download this patch but even if I got this additional time it wouldn't help me at all because I already re-rolled all the exp off my items and already spent time pushing instead of grinding exp. I really feel like this ANB was completely unfair.

I'm just wondering if anyone else was also unaware of the rings or if it was just my noobness at fault here. Also wondering if anyone else's ANB plan got derailed by the extra time. Also, for anyone who finished the event and got the new patch, do we even get the extra time? I've heard that if you're done you're just out of luck, could someone verify?

Sorry if it sounds like I'm whining and complaining but I just wasted all my free time for the past week on this, ontop of the money i spent. Thanks for listening to me vent, hope I'm not alone. Is there anything we can do? MF please make this right!

It certainly wasn't your fault the descriptions of the jewelry didn't match the end product and many are in your same boat and don't even know it, as they don't visit these forums. If you rolled the xp off of your items I'm guessing you did so in exchange for damage? Either way, you should still be able to place fairly high if you already completed 116. I don't know what class you are playing but here is the leaderboard for mages as of now.

These seem questionable but whatever
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190816-163900_Eternium.jpg
Views:	755
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	145700Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190816-163857_Eternium.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	145701Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190816-163905_Eternium.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	145702
    Regalia mage: Fabi, TL 135 9:03
    Regalia mage: Tribulei, TL 140 9:30
    Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
    Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

Thanks for the reply wag!

Comment

Thecoolcat

Yes, this was far from an optimal first ANB experience. Congrates on the TL 116. That is very good.

Everyone should have access to update 1.4.16 which grants 2 more hours of character playtime and extends the event by 2 days. The update is not a beta. However, I know from personally experience that while one of my Android devices might get an update now another one might see the update until several hours later. I have always assumed this was do to server syncing delays or other things that mean not everyone can see everything all at the same exact time on the Internet. I wanna say that even DNS entry changes can take up to 48 hours to propagate. Propagation delays might be the reason the event was extended by 48 hours.

The idea of using the screwed rare jewelry to craft with out jewelry to create high level epic and legendary was one that didn't pop up, at least for me, immediately. It was more of a how to make lemonade out of lemons resolution. I do not recall a particular thread specifically to deal with the rare jewelry issue but remember seeing it in several disparate post. The downside to using those rares to crafting legendary jewelry? Now the people that did the crafting are ticked because their jewelry's stats have been reduced with the updated.

If you ran out of time and update to 1.4.16 you should get an additional 2 hours of play time for your ANB character.

My primary ANB character is now reporting 13:19:51.9 time left as I have only played him for 40 minutes so far.

I hope you are able to take advantage of the additional 2 days and 2 playtime hours.

Here is the leaderboard from the last Bronze ANB:

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/th...l-leaderboards

Seems that we are currently on track for the new top position to be about 6-10 TLs higher than the last one.

Hope that helps.

Comment

"The update is not a beta." - Tin Man

Timestamp says you posted this "yesterday" -- just wondering if you know this to be true or if you have any new info, cause I'm not in beta and still can't see the update in the Play Store. I've never experienced this much of a delay before, when people were talking about new updates. I know there's still time, but like you, I've got a lot of time left to play (10:30 hrs), and some scheduling conflicts upcoming IRL.

Comment

Originally posted by ScabbyNuisance View Post
            "The update is not a beta." - Tin Man

Timestamp says you posted this "yesterday" -- just wondering if you know this to be true or if you have any new info, cause I'm not in beta and still can't see the update in the Play Store. I've never experienced this much of a delay before, when people were talking about new updates. I know there's still time, but like you, I've got a lot of time left to play (10:30 hrs), and some scheduling conflicts upcoming IRL.
            It's not a beta but I believe the beta testers get first access to it. Is there an option on the playstore for you to opt in to the beta?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190816-183941_Google Play Store.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	145728

Comment

Am I upset?

Did I just drop another 5k+ gems, and $10, on another ANB Bronze, hoping if I optimize and work my butt off hard enough, I may be able to squeak into the top 25, a field dominated mostly by our friends on the national teams which abuse offline play, macros, and when called out for it, call the rest of us "losers"? The same ones who have done it EVERY.SINGLE.ANB, with zero repercussions?

Am I upset at the notion of now having to dump another 300 gems into more currency boosters, so I can go in and use the two hours everyone got, just to replace my jewelry (which I did not get a replacement for, although many other players did)? Jewelry which I had to farm and craft, just to use, because our devs never fixed the mistake they made in the last ANB Bronze, and, as usual, didn't say anything about it for the last 7 days of a 9 day tournament?

Not at all. I'm just spending the gems on self respect, instead. I can assure you, i took the final step after recording this.

It's been mostly fun. Good luck. Enjoy the show.

Last edited by Trouble; 08-17-2019, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Haha thanks Trouble, good to know someone else was in my boat. At least I see the 2 hours now. Although for some reason its 1:51hr... couldn't even give me the full 2 lol

I have no idea what to do with it as I'm pretty sure I can't push any more TL

Comment

Wagstaffer ScabbyNuisance The 1.4.16 update is not a beta but they really screwed up. So, users of iOS and Windows I know for sure have access to 1.4.16 and they don't get the betas so it is not a beta. However, in Google Play Store is only available through Beta. So if you get the program through Google Play Store you have to join the beta program to be able to access the 1.4.16 versions.

If you use Google Play Store and are NOT a beta member than you will only see 1.4.15.

I do not believe this impacts Amazon users as they have their own store.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
                    Wagstaffer ScabbyNuisance The 1.4.16 update is not a beta but they really screwed up. So, users of iOS and Windows I know for sure have access to 1.4.16 and they don't get the betas so it is not a beta. However, in Google Play Store is only available through Beta. So if you get the program through Google Play Store you have to join the beta program to be able to access the 1.4.16 versions.

If you use Google Play Store and are NOT a beta member than you will only see 1.4.15.

Wow that's pretty horrible but it's just funny at this point. I had an option to join in on beta participation even if there wasn't an update available, so I figured he should join beta participation and then he'd be able to update.

Comment

Originally posted by Wagstaffer View Post

Wow that's pretty horrible but it's just funny at this point. I had an option to join in on beta participation even if there wasn't an update available, so I figured he should join beta participation and then he'd be able to update.
                      As I say in the thread I just created it is another Friday so another fun weekend for Eternium players with the way it has been going the couple of months ever since the 1.4.11 affair and the Celestial Essence oops. Joining beta only takes a minute and once joined you just have to load the software update. Anyone can join beta as far as I know.

I discuss it here:

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...lay-store-beta

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post

So unless i'm a beta tester, there's no way i can update to the newest patch? Or do i have to just wait for a few more days

I'm only on mobile, 1.4.15 update, so i'm not sure if i should do my final push, worried that it might get resetted once i patch my game

EDITED: Nvm, i just saw your other post and figured it out. I'll reinstall as a beta tester. Thanks!
                        Last edited by Quickiee; 08-17-2019, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Quickiee See my post just above yours.

Short answer? If you use Google Play Store you can't get 1.4.16 unless you are beta. However, becoming beta is easy and just takes a minute. The following link discusses.

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...lay-store-beta

Comment

Trouble you will be missed my friend I wish you all the best, thank you for your knowledge,hardwork, blood, sweat and tears you put into the game...You will not be forgotten!

Comment

Was honestly really sad watching Trouble delete his characters / account, all that time and money man

All the best for future ventures Trouble

Comment

Working...
                              X