Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upset at current ANB, anyone else?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Wagstaffer View Post

    OH wow it's that easy to cheat huh? So in your opinion are there ways to cheat on mobile as well or is this something mainly with pc?
    As I've said before, it's against the Terms of Service agreement to discuss methods of cheating and exploits on the forum or discord. There was a thread which was deleted by Travis that shared a lot of info on the various exploits that certain people might be using. People figure out ways to cheat on mobile as well as PC.
    Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30
    ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

    For a list of guides I've created, click here

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Shade Glow View Post

      As I've said before, it's against the Terms of Service agreement to discuss methods of cheating and exploits on the forum or discord. There was a thread which was deleted by Travis that shared a lot of info on the various exploits that certain people might be using. People figure out ways to cheat on mobile as well as PC.
      I worded that wrong, I was specifically talking about the save file thing you mentioned. Are people doing that on mobile or is that strictly a pc thing? Would be all the more reason to separate the leaderboards imo.

      And to the what we were saying about the game being always online, how would that stop the cheaters when the AnB characters need to be online and people are still cheating?
      Regalia mage: Fabi, TL 135 9:03
      Regalia mage: Tribulei, TL 140 9:30
      Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
      Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Wagstaffer View Post

        I worded that wrong, I was specifically talking about the save file thing you mentioned. Are people doing that on mobile or is that strictly a pc thing? Would be all the more reason to separate the leaderboards imo.

        And to the what we were saying about the game being always online, how would that stop the cheaters when the AnB characters need to be online and people are still cheating?
        I don't know if people are editing their saves. I merely suspect it, because there are some people with equipment that's above level 75.

        ANB characters do not need to be online. I've recorded the ANB gameplay from my alt account, which I'll use to create a guide on reaching TL 100 in under 6 hours with a 1,000 gem limit. During one of the clips, my internet cuts out and I am still able to play even while offline. I think I noticed after about 2 minutes of offline play. The way they have it set up, you can play offline as long as you start out connected to the internet.
        Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30
        ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

        For a list of guides I've created, click here

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Shade Glow View Post

          I don't know if people are editing their saves. I merely suspect it, because there are some people with equipment that's above level 75.

          ANB characters do not need to be online. I've recorded the ANB gameplay from my alt account, which I'll use to create a guide on reaching TL 100 in under 6 hours with a 1,000 gem limit. During one of the clips, my internet cuts out and I am still able to play even while offline. I think I noticed after about 2 minutes of offline play. The way they have it set up, you can play offline as long as you start out connected to the internet.
          I didn't even think about people doing that hahaha I guess where there's a will there's a way. When that happened to you did it stop your timer too?

          Also, is that video going to be uploaded to your YouTube account?
          Regalia mage: Fabi, TL 135 9:03
          Regalia mage: Tribulei, TL 140 9:30
          Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
          Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Wagstaffer View Post

            I didn't even think about people doing that hahaha I guess where there's a will there's a way. When that happened to you did it stop your timer too?

            Also, is that video going to be uploaded to your YouTube account?
            It didn't stop my timer, and yes, I'm going to upload the video on YouTube. It's going to take a while to complete the video, though.
            Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30
            ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

            For a list of guides I've created, click here

            Comment


            • #36
              Shade Glow

              I have always assumed that when I complete a TL but it does the run does not show in the leaderboard but the prior run that I dropped Internet connection during the run. I wanna say that I will get the rewards if it was a reward level but no leaderboard ranking credit. Don't quote me about the rewards because I am not positive.

              Any thoughts?

              Comment


              • #37
                You know, I'm not really sure. I've never tested it out. When my connection was dropped, I was farming gold and gemstones in story mode.
                Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30
                ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

                For a list of guides I've created, click here

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
                  Shade Glow

                  I have always assumed that when I complete a TL but it does the run does not show in the leaderboard but the prior run that I dropped Internet connection during the run. I wanna say that I will get the rewards if it was a reward level but no leaderboard ranking credit. Don't quote me about the rewards because I am not positive.

                  Any thoughts?
                  My internet at home is very flaky, so I think I can answer this question quite accurately:

                  Until the previous ANB, you indeed did not get LB ranked, but were able to claim rewards and kept the trial levels unlocked. As of this one (presumably to fix a replay exploit), you're no longer able to claim rewards without being online. Pretty
                  ​​​​​​sure you still get to keep the next unlocked trial level though.

                  Which I think is a fair way of handling connection drops.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    cheaters exploit for lvl 74 gear while online. this isnt an issue of online/offline but about avoidable loopholes and checks for out of bound values. devs arent spending a single second on fixing bugs, but keep running competitive events. its i shame...
                    Last edited by duckel; 08-18-2019, 12:53 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by duckel View Post
                      cheaters exploit for lvl 74 gear while online.
                      Is this a thing? Why not go right up to 75 then?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by MarkHark View Post

                        Is this a thing? Why not go right up to 75 then?
                        It's the (current) limit of a particular hack. I will say no more...

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by duckel View Post
                          cheaters exploit for lvl 74 gear while online. this isnt an issue of online/offline but about avoidable loopholes and checks for out of bound values. devs arent spending a single second on fixing bugs, but keep running competitive events. its i shame...
                          I respectfully disagree about the devs not spending a single second on fixing bugs. The biggest problem I see is that the devs are still trying to contain and correct the fallout from the 1.4.11 bug that has so many up in arms and remains an issue to date. The impact from the, apparently minor, oops that I would classify a bug and created the celestial essence nightmare as created a monster that must be taking untold hours to figure out the damage that was done. Unfortunately the fix, as is all to often the case, created all kinds of new issues that would also be classified as bugs.

                          This whole ANB catastrophe appears to be the result of a bug due to the rollout of 1.4.15 which was the patch to back out the bug from the rollout of 1.4.11. Seems that all the developers have been trying to do for the last month or so it contains a minor bug that keeps snowballing.

                          One of the stumbling blocks and a possible cause for this nightmare ANB? Players, like myself, that were clamoring, "Why hasn't the ANB started? When is it stating? How long will we have to wait?" Granted that all they really had to do was drop a note saying that due to having to repair the damage from 1.4.11 the ANB will be delayed but they bowed to pressure and release 1.4.15 do deal with 1.4.11 and launch the ANB simultaneously.

                          Another potential source of a sinkhole for developers available time is likely caused by the public uproar and demand to do something about the cheaters which could be classified as a bug. No, I am not saying that the developers shouldn't shore up against fraud in the game. I am saying that dealing with that fraud consumes time.

                          The developers would be well served by improving communications with their customers to simply let the customer know that the developer is aware of problems and working on them.

                          The developers do not have clean hands in this situation but claiming that they aren't spending a single second fixing bugs is hyperbole and wrong.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Tin Man View Post

                            I respectfully disagree about the devs not spending a single second on fixing bugs. The biggest problem I see is that the devs are still trying to contain and correct the fallout from the 1.4.11 bug that has so many up in arms and remains an issue to date. The impact from the, apparently minor, oops that I would classify a bug and created the celestial essence nightmare as created a monster that must be taking untold hours to figure out the damage that was done. Unfortunately the fix, as is all to often the case, created all kinds of new issues that would also be classified as bugs.

                            This whole ANB catastrophe appears to be the result of a bug due to the rollout of 1.4.15 which was the patch to back out the bug from the rollout of 1.4.11. Seems that all the developers have been trying to do for the last month or so it contains a minor bug that keeps snowballing.

                            One of the stumbling blocks and a possible cause for this nightmare ANB? Players, like myself, that were clamoring, "Why hasn't the ANB started? When is it stating? How long will we have to wait?" Granted that all they really had to do was drop a note saying that due to having to repair the damage from 1.4.11 the ANB will be delayed but they bowed to pressure and release 1.4.15 do deal with 1.4.11 and launch the ANB simultaneously.

                            Another potential source of a sinkhole for developers available time is likely caused by the public uproar and demand to do something about the cheaters which could be classified as a bug. No, I am not saying that the developers shouldn't shore up against fraud in the game. I am saying that dealing with that fraud consumes time.

                            The developers would be well served by improving communications with their customers to simply let the customer know that the developer is aware of problems and working on them.

                            The developers do not have clean hands in this situation but claiming that they aren't spending a single second fixing bugs is hyperbole and wrong.
                            with "not spending a single second to fix bugs" I largely exaggerated. I meant: Thoroughly think about a bug, the way it has been exploited so far and make a reasonable fix that involes all aspects of the system. You know, devs fixed the exploit for lvl 75 gear. But didnt fix the same mechanism for gear that is lvl 74, 73, 72, 71. remember that you could save 90% of crafting cost to craft guaranteed lvl 75 items? for lvl 74 items you can save 99.99% cost, aside from the item you want. Whats more likely, someone spending 170000 gems, or someone spending nothing with a small trick that they have abused earlier?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              My 2 cents.
                              I finished this event yesterday at TL 121, BH, mobile. I played primarily for the 2 CB's, but when I check the leaderboards at each completed level, there are always players above and below me that are playing with 3-4 or 5. If CB's are only attainable througb ANB events, and 2 is the limit..... how do these folks do it? There must be a few thousansd playing in this event with more than 2 celestial boxes. Then add the guys with levels that don't exist and its taking the fun out of the game. Heres an example.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Chuck LeMasters View Post
                                My 2 cents.
                                I finished this event yesterday at TL 121, BH, mobile. I played primarily for the 2 CB's, but when I check the leaderboards at each completed level, there are always players above and below me that are playing with 3-4 or 5. If CB's are only attainable througb ANB events, and 2 is the limit..... how do these folks do it? There must be a few thousansd playing in this event with more than 2 celestial boxes. Then add the guys with levels that don't exist and its taking the fun out of the game. Heres an example.
                                I think your screenshot is from the non-anb leaderboard, hence why the multiple celestial items

                                Cos I've just check my anb character leaderboard for bh and it doesn't have the same players on the top 10
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X