Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many ranks did you climb up after the famous "weeding out the cheaters" after last ANB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I'm 2 out from another medal. Sic 'em Travis!

Comment

Originally posted by Romme View Post
      It has to be an exploit if the leaderboard is flooded with accounts with full lvl 74 gear. If they actually spent a fortune crafting these items we would see more lvl 75 gear equipped too. Its kind of comical to think what was going through their heads. Did they think that since they didnt have the absolute best gear, no one will suspect anything? Makes me wonder if this happened in previous ANBs where you wouldn't be able to notice since everyone had 70 gear.

Its very unlikely that any of those were found off drops either because getting the set piece you want is one thing, getting the attributes you need is another.

For there to be this many accounts with the same gear just makes it blatantly obvious that something is going on here. I hope these accounts get cleared up so every legit player gets the ranks they deserve.
      Glad it's not just a few noticing the lack of drops at that level. It's ridiculous. Not one 73+ dropped for me

Comment

It has to be an exploit if the leaderboard is flooded with accounts with full lvl 74 gear. If they actually spent a fortune crafting these items we would see more lvl 75 gear equipped too. Its kind of comical to think what was going through their heads. Did they think that since they didnt have the absolute best gear, no one will suspect anything? Makes me wonder if this happened in previous ANBs where you wouldn't be able to notice since everyone had 70 gear.

Its very unlikely that any of those were found off drops either because getting the set piece you want is one thing, getting the attributes you need is another.

For there to be this many accounts with the same gear just makes it blatantly obvious that something is going on here. I hope these accounts get cleared up so every legit player gets the ranks they deserve.
        The exploit was fixed before the weekend, but 74+ gears guys will stay in the LB, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
          There aren't usually that many left in Gold as they get weeded out in Bronze, then Silver.

To avoid any confusion, the Bronze #3 LBs have NOT been finalized (cleaned).
          Let's assume that I'm Rank 51 in ANB Bronze LB (uncleaned LB). If Devs caught 5 exploiter/cheaters in top 50 and removed them from LB, is there any chance that my rank on LB will moved up from Rank 51 to Rank 46?
          "...Mobile only (Samsung Galaxy J6)..."

Comment

Well, now this is way apart from what I wanted to know
            I too doubt the theory of lucky drops as cause for inventories full of 74s, but I never asked about them in this thread.

Clearly everyone is sensitive to the cheater-related things happening at the moment.
            We all as fair players have a feeling of being left behind, but there's other threads to talk about that, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by vehmic View Post

Glad it's not just a few noticing the lack of drops at that level. It's ridiculous. Not one 73+ dropped for me
              Drops are limited to level 72. To get a level 73+ you must craft the item.

I just have to consider myself lucky as I crafted my first epic since they upped the equipment level limit during this bronze just after reaching level 70 and swapping out my leveling rare gear for level 70 epics. My first epic was a cap and low and behold it popped out a 74. My master level is 50 but I really only craft during ANBs.

Again, you will NEVER find a drop over 72 with the current schema in place.

EDITED: Edited to grey out erroneous remarks. I need to not post when I am exhausted.
              Last edited by Tin Man; 08-21-2019, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I finished with rank 22 on the Bounty Hunter Leaderboard this time. I'm pretty sure there are only 2-4 legit players above me on the board.
                Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30
                ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

For a list of guides I've created, click here

Comment

Hey during this ANB I found a lv 74 acamar in TL 100

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Lamine View Post
                    The only way of gathering the needed resources I deem possible is to drop hundreds (!) of bucks onto the game in order to buy them. And I just can't imagine that there are THAT many players willing to do so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                    I agree!

It would take about 351 crafting attempts to make a full set of level 74 equipment. See my breakdown here:

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...ent#post146671

Considering the fact that most of the people we've seen with full sets of level 74 equipment did not have any level 75 equipment, it's worth noting that with this many crafting attempts, it would be incredibly unlikely to not end up getting at least 2 level 75 items in the mix, as I predict you would see 1 level 75 item per 100 crafting attempts based on a 1% chance to craft a level 75 item.

I would be surprised if anyone actually spent over $2k on a bronze event, but that doesn't mean no one would. In other games, I've seen people drop a couple thousand each week. One of my close friends was a software developer for one such game, and he told me that some players have accounts worth over $100,000. However, I don't believe that we're seeing a sudden influx of people who are each spending $2k to get geared up for ANB. It seems like something else might be afoot.

It makes me wonder, didn't any of these people think it might look suspicious if they had a full set of level 74 equipment and perfect damage rolls on their weapons during a 12 hour event?
                    Last edited by Shade Glow; 08-22-2019, 02:36 AM. Reason: I moved a portion of the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post

Drops are limited to level 72. To get a level 73+ you must craft the item.

I just have to consider myself lucky as I crafted my first epic since they upped the equipment level limit during this bronze just after reaching level 70 and swapping out my leveling rare gear for level 70 epics. My first epic was a cap and low and behold it popped out a 74. My master level is 50 but I really only craft during ANBs.

Again, you will NEVER find a drop over 72 with the current schema in place.
                      Several people have reported finding level 75 items as drops. I am one of those people. I found a sweet pair of level 75 Havoc Boots with useful stats, in a level 90 trial. I also got 3 or 4 useful level 73 items as drops from TL 100 runs while leveling up during ANB.

I dig the new profile picture, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Shade Glow View Post

Considering the fact that most of the people we've seen with full sets of level 74 equipment did not have any level 75 equipment, it's worth noting that with this many crafting attempts, it would be incredibly unlikely to not end up getting at least 2 level 75 items in the mix, as I predict you would see 1 level 75 item per 100 crafting attempts based on a 1% chance to craft a level 75 item.

I would be surprised if anyone actually spent over $2k on a bronze event ...

It makes me wonder, didn't any of these people think it might look suspicious if they had a full set of level 74 equipment and perfect damage rolls on their weapons during a 12 hour event?
                        Something definitely stinks to high heaven when you look at the boards, especially for a short duration event like ANB. We know that there are ways of exploiting the game and comments have come that the developers are plugging some but you will never be able to stop everything especially considering the offline aspect of Eternium.

Personally I feel that the vigilant community that raises red flags is the best way to contain offenders.Just feed there should be prudence in publicly applying particular labels to individuals.

Thanks for the thoughtful presentation.

Originally posted by Shade Glow View Post

Several people have reported finding level 75 items as drops. I am one of those people. I found a sweet pair of level 75 Havoc Boots with useful stats, in a level 90 trial. I also got 3 or 4 useful level 73 items as drops from TL 100 runs while leveling up during ANB.

I dig the new profile picture, btw.
                        Thank you for the correction. I don't like to be wrong. Providing bad information is a cardinal sin to me. I should not have made that statement without immediately providing sources.

Thanks about the avatar. The joys of a simple image search.

Comment

A few seem possible to me. You can find 75 gear too. I found a 75, 74, and handful of 73s this anb. But I just used the 74 sanguinarius because the others were different sets and the 75 was a random legendary that was pointless to use.

I got bumped out of the warrior top 10 by 5 seconds! I hope the 74s get cleaned out.
                          How?? I got one lvl 72 and considered myself lucky lol what CL did you end up with? Were you just able to farm TL 100 way more than me?

Comment

Yes... In bronze #2 (or 1?) every mage in top100 with Korean prefix had a near perfect legendary (not celestial) Integralas Mantle except for one player. This kind of distribution could not be seen among the other players. So it was around 29/30 (near) perfect against like 5 out of the rest non-celestial IM.

Comment

bronze#1 152 148
                              silver #1 166 166
                              gold #1 179 179
                              bronze #2 214 209
                              silver #2 295 294
                              gold #2 129 129
                              Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen)

Comment

Originally posted by duckel View Post

Yes... In bronze #2 (or 1?) every mage in top100 with Korean prefix had a near perfect legendary (not celestial) Integralas Mantle except for one player. This kind of distribution could not be seen among the other players. So it was around 29/30 (near) perfect against like 5 out of the rest non-celestial IM.
                                They were still giving away Custom Legendary Items back then I thought? That would account for an IM with great stats (without it being a Celestial). That was always my first go-to piece in the old ANB format because they so rarely dropped.

Comment

Working...
                                X